PDA

View Full Version : Between carriers?

trains are bad
03-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Anyone have a problem that one carrier sometimes and randomly leaks, but the next smallest one gives bolt stick? Any suggestions?

sabrefanpc
03-13-2005, 12:11 PM
never had that happen. maybee something else is causing the leak. If you have another carrier oring try it and see if you have the same problem

BeaverEater
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
with or without shims? Also i would try a bigger spring.

indulgence
03-13-2005, 01:06 PM
You should try a new o-ring if you have one. make sure its broken in with like a hundred shots. Oil everythiing up. Find the biggest carrier that doesnt give you a leak. If that carrier gives you bolt stick, go to the "smaller" spring. The bigger one like Beaver said would give you more bolt stick. Then add a few shims so that the valve recocks when the lvl10 stops on something.

dsrkd
03-14-2005, 01:41 AM
I had an issue of an occasional barrel leak. What cured it for me was to change the o-ring on the carrier (1.5 + 2 shims). Almost too simple a solution but it worked for me.

athomas
03-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Anyone have a problem that one carrier sometimes and randomly leaks, but the next smallest one gives bolt stick? Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with two kits. One carrier leaked, but the next size down consistently gave me bolt stick. This was the same even after I used different o-rings. I eventually tried about 6 o-rings until I found one that worked well with the smaller carrier. I use the middle spring. The work around would be to use the next size down, and drop to the shorter bolt spring to prevent bolt stick. Once the o-ring gets broken in, you can go back to using the longer bolt spring.