PDA

View Full Version : lol, demo to class goes bad. Vid*

evildead420
03-13-2005, 01:37 PM
click here (http://www.wimp.com/shoots)

DUDE. that was so stupid of him. always make sure to put the safety on. :nono: even if u think its not loaded. still funny that he shot himself. kinda. :rolleyes: watch yourself. :rofl:

BD_Paintball
03-13-2005, 01:47 PM
saw it on pbn a week ago

evildead420
03-13-2005, 01:49 PM
damn, o well, i havent been on the net for a week, thanks to work :rolleyes: my friend sent it to me.

Steelrat
03-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Thats the DEA for you. Heard about this a LONG time ago, but the video just came out. Thats why we have the cardinal rules of safety.

"I'm a professional....POW!" :rofl:

ascetic1
03-13-2005, 02:21 PM
did he shoot his leg or foot? kinda stupid of himself to say "im the only one who is trained..." and then cocks the gun...but then again he had balls to continue on with the presentation :D

Blennidae
03-13-2005, 02:26 PM
always make sure to put the safety on. :nono: even if u think its not loaded.

No external safety on a Glock. Of course that should not have prevented him from keeping his finger away from the trigger.

Not as scary as the video of the cop who almost puts one in a suspects head as her partner has him on the ground in the process of cuffing him.

-Tab
03-13-2005, 02:54 PM
No external safety on a Glock. Of course that should not have prevented him from keeping his finger away from the trigger.

Not as scary as the video of the cop who almost puts one in a suspects head as her partner has him on the ground in the process of cuffing him.

no kidding. i bet she didn't last long

Steelrat
03-13-2005, 03:10 PM

I saw that, good stuff.

The DEA agent in the video shot himself in the leg, not sure where exactly but I believe the thigh. I never knew there was video of that until last week.

i_baked_cookies
03-13-2005, 03:16 PM
haaaaaaaaaaa hahaha

quik
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
If he shot himself in the leg, why did he continue teaching them for about 2 more minutes?

Blennidae
03-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I guess it could be a good argument for shot placement vs. caliber, right? :D

Demobilized
03-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Whoa, I don't care what yall say. That guy is hard... :wow:

Takes one to the leg and keeps one going? Props to him

MantisMag
03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
If he shot himself in the leg, why did he continue teaching them for about 2 more minutes?
i think that's a pretty good example of how even someone who deals with guns all the time and is trained in there use can have an accident. he just got done telling them it wasn't loaded, which is what most kids think when they start playing with them. that is going to be ingrained in their minds forever. did you hear their reaction when they pulled out the bigger gun? hahahaha. one kid yelled out "PUT IT DOWN!" i'd be pretty freaked too after he just shot himself. "nono this one really is empty. it's ok!" haha. yeah right. i know in my head it's unlikely for him to make the same mistake after shooting himself in the leg but i'd still flinch if i was sitting in that room.

Warewolf50
03-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Wow this was posted on here less then a week ago.

fuzzynutzipper
03-14-2005, 10:43 AM
i find it amazing that he could continue teaching... makes me wonder if it wasn't an actual bullet and staged so that i'd freak the kids out...

you'd think that officer would have enough knowledge to stay away from the trigger.

i know if i got popped in the leg from point blank i'd go down like a ton of me....

Warewolf50
03-14-2005, 01:39 PM
That guy was a beast though, i mean he looks like he could take alot more then a gun shot to the leg.

The best part of the whole vid was that when he continued he tried to bring out a new gun and all the kids started screaming PUT IT AWAY casue they dindt want him accidently shooting another one .

Steelrat
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Its called "Shock." There have been instances where, in combat, people have had limbs blown off, and not realized it until someone told them.

And that guy was just trying to showboat. There is no reason to show off the hardware in front of a bunch of kids, he could have done it with a display, chart, or just by talking about gun safety.

bornl33t
03-14-2005, 03:55 PM
show boat is right. This guy though he was all that and made a fool of himself. I though firearms on school property are illegal unless it's being carried by a LEO on duty?

SlartyBartFast
03-14-2005, 04:05 PM
show boat is right. This guy though he was all that and made a fool of himself. I though firearms on school property are illegal unless it's being carried by a LEO on duty?

Well a story from here in Montreal: Rules say ALL on-duty officers have to carry a service weapon. Seeing as the "community liason" officers are on-duty even when just giving presentations, they carry weapons.

So......

One such offcier was giving a presentation at an elementary school and has to go to the washroom before leaving. While there, for some reason, he unholsters his weapon....

AND HE FORGETS IT ON THE COUNTER :wow: !!!!

Was found by somebody at the school. Can't remember if it was one of the kids or not.

SlartyBartFast
03-14-2005, 04:16 PM
i think that's a pretty good example of how even someone who deals with guns all the time and is trained in there use can have an accident.

Actually, in the rail industry studies have shown that respect for safety is highest and the number of accidents is lowest for new hires. Respect for safety drops and likely hood of having an accident is highest with the people on the job the longest.

The reason is that people become complaicent and take things for granted.

Safety rules are all about the "swiss cheese" concept. Any one rule/measure may allow things to pass through holes. But another rule/measure will block that hole.

How many safety measures did that idiot skip?

MonsterMag
03-14-2005, 04:23 PM

That Was a Blank. ;) If he was shot in the leg , he wouldnt be able to walk ;)

teufelhunden
03-14-2005, 04:25 PM
That Was a Blank. ;) If he was shot in the leg , he wouldnt be able to walk ;)

Why do you think he was telling the other guy to bring him the gun after he had walked to get the Glock? And why did he drag his one leg when he did move around?

Wasn't a blank.

MonsterMag
03-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Why do you think he was telling the other guy to bring him the gun after he had walked to get the Glock? And why did he drag his one leg when he did move around?

Wasn't a blank.

:D Good one

bornl33t
03-14-2005, 05:00 PM
My bro decided to buy USP .40 (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169670)

according to this article (http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040430-090313-2463r.htm) he was taken to a hospital

Blennidae
03-14-2005, 05:41 PM
This is in the article:

"The agent emptied the gun of ammunition as he pointed it toward the floor, but when he released the slide it fired into his thigh. Apparently there was one round left in the chamber."

If we assume the agent removed the mag, and did not have his finger on the trigger, does that mean the gun had 2 different malfunctions?

1. failure to extract the round in the chamber.
2. a slam fire when he released the slide.

Who maintains these guys weapons? :confused:

bornl33t
03-14-2005, 06:50 PM
well he clearly released the slide in mid air, and it was clear that at that time the magazine was out of the gun. what I think we are missing is what happened as he fiddled around with the gun while putting it away. Was he putting a new magazine in the gun before he put it away?
I think a slamfire on a duty weapon is bad advertisement for glock?

SlartyBartFast
03-15-2005, 11:46 AM
I think a slamfire on a duty weapon is bad advertisement for glock?

Glock's SUCK. There's a reason they weren't approved as service weapons for the FBI.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html