PDA

View Full Version : Stolen

Furby#1
03-13-2005, 01:55 PM
this not so much a pity party for me just a pissed of rant.
woke up in the morning and went to my car. i have a convertable and the back window was ripped off. i searched my car and the first thing i notice is that my marker case is missing.
so i searched the entire car and yeah my custom (milled the body myself) half block raced cocker has been stolen. yep 1200 buck gone, and the cops come put in some info and say Sorry but go chack the pawn shops and well get back to you if we get info.

my whining is done

I AM GOING TO BREAK EVERY BONE IN THEIR BODY IF I FIND THEM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Lorenz0666
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
thats why yolu never leave your gun in your car.....dont feel to bad i went out to my car few weeks ago and the back end of my car was totaled hit and run style, prolly by some drunk idiot driver

TeamNausea
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
so now you try to make it sound like his fault...niiiice

Flow_Tech
03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
yea..its your fault for leaving it in the car..but that defintly does totally suck nuts.hope you catch the guy.

TeamNausea
03-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Well how is it his fault for leaving it in his car? So if your house gets robbed than its your fault for leaving all of your stuff in your house?

Flow_Tech
03-13-2005, 02:57 PM
because if you leave a 1200 gun in a car..and someone walks by that knows the SMALLEST bit about paintball thats a thief,will grab it...and he knew that it could POSSIBLY happen..

Furby#1
03-13-2005, 02:58 PM
no see heres the thing ther was a 20o3 dark angel i plain sight under the window and its still ther but they steal the aluminum case with my marker LOCKED in it
AND THEY RIPPED MY WINDOW OFF MY FAULT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT
and leave my nitro tank too they torn off my cd playr face but left the cd player

punkncat
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Much as I hate to say it, the perp was most likely someone who calls themself your friend.

Number13
03-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I'd suggest you put up some pics on all the popular boards, include any serial numbers you have written down, and call every field in the area, letting them know you'll be sending them pics in the mail as well. Punkcat's right: it almost certainly was someone you know, and the cops should have been able to tell you that immediately.

UTDragun
03-13-2005, 04:51 PM
maybe who ever stole it didnt know what was in the case? maybe they thought money, or something?

"the FitZ"
03-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I agree w/ dragun. They obviously don't know anything about paintball b/c they steal a mysteriou (and locked) aluminum case and leave a pretty angel that could easily fetch 400 on the open market, and a nitro tank. Balla's I think not. They probably just thought it was money or something

O and yea it's also your fault for driving a convertible. J/K my sympathies to you

JRingold
03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Did you have insurance on it? Or is it covered by your renter's or home owner's insurance? This is one reason why I take pictures of valuable items, reciepts included and keep them either in a safe deposit box. It also helps to keep the pictures in a public place (like on the Internet), so people can see that it's yours if it gets stolen. I would definately call and tell every paintball proshop and field and pawn shop in the book.

alooney11
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Everynight I tie a string from my big toe to my gun, at hasnt been stolen yet, try that out.

Duck Hunt
03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Never leave ANYTHING vaulable in your car...Just today I went to check on my car (not so legally parked somewhere in Boston while I stayed over my girlfriends) and some LAZY SOB mangled the lock with a screw driver and smashed the small pane of glass on my back window, nothing stolen at all.

Sean

Creative Mayhem
03-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey furby... that sucks man. I hope you get your cocker back(even though it is JUST a cocker ;))

I have to agree with some others, it's partially your fault man. Despite the fact that some guy ripped your window off, YOU left it in your car, along with another big $$ marker. I never leave anything in my car for just this reason, if someone wants to break in and steal something from my car, they wont get anything.

On that note, I hope they catch the guy, better yet, I hope you catch the guy and get a chance to lay a beatin' on him.

Thordic
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
As a fellow convertible owner, I have to add in, never leave anything valuable in your car. Its not like it takes a lot of work to break into a convertible.

Enemy
03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
this is so rookie stupid kids need to learn how to steal!! i feel bad but you shouldnt leave all that in your car let alone in a convertable!! hey look the brightside if they had any talent they could have taken the car as well or thats what i would have done!!

maglover728
03-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Yeah man, that sucks. The bottom line is, unfortunately, that locks were invented only to keep honest people honest. You could play the "my fault???" line until you are blue in the face and the people that say that sill won't admit to having their entire living room behind a few simple panes of glass, open for many people to see and inventory each day. If someone sees something that they want, and they want it more than you do, they will get it. Sorry for your loss!

Thordic
03-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I wasnt trying to say its "your fault", but theres varying levels of risk.

Leaving a few thousand dollars of gear in a car with a cloth roof is pretty high on the risk ladder :)

nicad
03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Chris... really sux. :(

kenndogg
03-14-2005, 11:57 PM
man, I was at POV when I heard about this. Sorry man. I would try and inform all the pawn shops around the area. I doubt they would even show up at pov or mvp trying sell or play with it.