PDA

View Full Version : The Pro Classic vs gun x

yingyang
03-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I just was looking on the web in search for a new gun, I came upon the Pro Classic the 68 reborn pretty much. Right now I have a tippmann 98 custom with flatline and I run co2. Will the I see a great diffrence from the 98 WITHOUT the flatline to the Classic, and If I get the Pro Im gunna get the ULE body with it.

Also Can I run co2 on it of course with an anti siphon tube.

slade
03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
are you talking about the rt ule custom? it comes with an x-valve, which cannot run co2, even with an anti siphon tube. well technically it can, but its hard to do and you are likely to blow an o-ring. there are two main types of valves (design-wise), classic and rt, the classic can run co2, the rt cant.

personman
03-13-2005, 04:30 PM
The Pro Classic compared to your tippmann will be pretty nice. I went from a tippmann to a classic and I enjoyed it. The pull is alot different than that of a tippmann. You're probably going to short stroke it for a little bit until you get used to the pull. The mag is alot smaller than the tippmann, and I think since you are getting the ULE body with it, it will probably be lighter too. Also one of the changes I liked when I went from mag to tippmann that I thought was awesome, was that I didn't have to cock the darn thing. It was just cool that everything was inside. Maybe I'm just wierd :p
It will work pretty well on an anti syphon co2 tank. Mag really love compressed air though, you should get a n2 tank when you can. That goes for pretty much any gun.
If you live somewhere really cold, then you might want to take more precautions against co2 than just an anti syphon. Anywhere else, you should be fine.

yingyang
03-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks personman I think Iam going to get the Pro classic, did you run co2 on yours?

Chronobreak
03-13-2005, 06:55 PM
i had a classic on co2 that ran FINE just had to limit shots to strings of about 7-9 or less so the valve ddint freeze.

with an anti-siphon you should be EVEn ebtter off, i would still suggest nitro if possible and a revvy hopper is a MUST!

personman
03-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks personman I think Iam going to get the Pro classic, did you run co2 on yours?
I ran co2 on my mag for a very short while. The mag kept freezing up when I tried to shoot it. I think what happened in my case was that the anti syphon was set up incorrectly and it was actually feeding liquid into the mag. I got a nitrogen tank anyway.

But I have owned other classics since then and they have all run fine on co2. I think it was the bad anti syphon setup that made mine shoot snow. :)

Chronobreak
03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
yeah theyr gun specific once setup unless theyr markes so you know which way is the tube UP..

i wanted to get a straight anti siphon and an endo :ninja:

Creative Mayhem
03-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I ran my minimag on co2 for years with no problems what-so-ever, you shouldn't either. Just make sure that you keep the liquid co2 out. I ran mine with a 2oz expansion chamber on gun, and a 6 oz on the tank(remote), valve never froze, and i could sit there and shoot a constant stream of paint with no problems. IIRC I had a nice layer of ice on the outside of the tank a couple times too.:D

Xyxyll
03-14-2005, 01:23 AM
are you talking about the rt ule custom? it comes with an x-valve, which cannot run co2, even with an anti siphon tube. well technically it can, but its hard to do and you are likely to blow an o-ring. there are two main types of valves (design-wise), classic and rt, the classic can run co2, the rt cant.

http://store.airgun.com

TheTramp
03-14-2005, 10:26 AM
I just suggest putting a L10 in there because you'll be able to fire the Classic significantly faster than the M98 and you'll get chops.

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I just suggest putting a L10 in there because you'll be able to fire the Classic significantly faster than the M98 and you'll get chops.

Yeah level 10 for sure, although I don't know if it will work with co2.

yingyang
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Yea I think Im gunna get the Pro Classic, but Im limited to money as in I have about 300 right now , and dont have money for a nitro tank and I want the ULE body in blue for my gun and an Evil driver barrel( is that a good one? for the price) but I want the mag badly so i might have to rob a bank to get the money.

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 12:11 PM
You can get RT Customs for around $325 with an xvalve. I think about $10 - $20 more to get a ULE body.

I'm pretty sure they need N2 though, but that's a good price imo. You'll end up spending a lot more trying to upgrade the classic I think.

Dayspring
03-14-2005, 12:16 PM
It'll work for ALL AGD valves except the Sydarm and field rental guns, regardless of propellant.

Yeah level 10 for sure, although I don't know if it will work with co2.

SIGSays
03-14-2005, 12:25 PM
just save your greens and talk to roguefactor... he'll set you in the right path

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
It'll work for ALL AGD valves except the Sydarm and field rental guns, regardless of propellant.

I don't know, I'm just going by what they say on the airgun site. They say it's air only under the RT Custom description.

ICP
03-14-2005, 12:34 PM
That's because of the xvalve though. Not the lvlX. But I would also suggest getting the rt custom. It's a little more money than the classic but it's already got so many upgrades you will want in the future. Of course like you stated, you will have to get a N2 tank right away.

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah but Dayspring is saying all valves which would include the xvalve.

Anyways, I know how it is to be tight on cash. Maybe save up a bit longer and save some money in the long run is all I'm saying.

AGD-OfficeGal
03-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Dayspring has it right about the Level 10. Propellant doesn't matter.

The X-Valve only runs on compressed air or N2, not CO2.

You can put the Level 10 on a Pro Classic and still run CO2, but with the usual caveats...

Marcia

Dayspring
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks Marcia!

When's Secretary's Day? I have a box of chocolate with your name on it! :cheers:

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Cool I thought you meant the valves themselves.

yingyang
03-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I dont really play tounries I just am the weekend player and sometimes a senario player, so I dont really have a play for the xvalve no reason to get it, I just want a gun that is reliable and shoots well thus I think the Pro Classic is a good choice.

jenarelJAM
03-14-2005, 10:39 PM
my advice, get the pro classic, and use c02 on it for awhile, but dont buy the lvl 10 for a while. with the extra 70$ or so, buy a crossfire 47/3000 tank from pbgear.com. Then, if you find that you're shooting faster and/or want the reactivity, you can spend 85$ or so to buy a lvl 10 bolt, which you can stick on your classic valve, or use AGD's GO-Xvalve trade in thing for $225 (i think). But that way you can decide when and what to upgrade. as far as barrels go, i think it would be mroe cost effective to stick with the stock barrel and use some rainX in it so you can shoot through breaks (btw, i havent actually tried this, ive just heard that it works) because i think you will notice more of a difference with the hpa than with a new barrel (as long as the stock one isnt crap). i just dont see a point in buying a new barrel that still most likely wont have the correct bore size for the paint you're shooting. as long as your barrel is half decent, it would make more sense to wait until you can buy a cheap barrel kit with 3 or more bore sizes.

:headbang: :rofl: :shooting: :sleeping: :bounce: :hail: :dance: :cheers: :cuss: :spit_take

gawd i love smileys...

kurama
03-15-2005, 12:10 AM
I suggest saving up a bit of cash to get a used RT ule and a used (within 1-2 year hydro) HPA tank. Thats just my 2¢ though.

TheTramp
03-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I still suggest that you go with the Pro Classic and add a L10 to it before you do ANYTHING else including buying a N2 tank.

YOu could concevibly get by with a VL200 if you've got L10 (though I'd recomend at least a revy).

Lohman446
03-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro classic $229 + ULE body (upgrade price with classic) $65 + level ten $85 (can be had cheaper) = $379

Base RT Pro $340 + ULE body (price with RT Pro) $10. Includes X-valve and level ten already (you would have to use Nitro wtih X-valve, or you could sell it and get a used classic valve and upgrade level ten, making you $$ in the process) $350

If you plan on getting the ULE body, and level ten, I would look at the RT Pro

hobbesTZ
03-15-2005, 10:58 AM
I would suggest not buying the Pro Classic. You can find regular classics and minimags a lot cheaper, and they're the same exact thing. I can get basic like new Minimags for $100 here in NH. There are lots of other similar guns all over the BST and eBay. You'll save yourself a lot of money and will be able to afford the upgrades you want sooner.

yingyang
03-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I see these are very good points that I will take in, I might just wait few months and save up and get the RT pro and HPA.

Question: I know that gas effieceny is bad on the RT compared to a Outkast, is there a big diffrence that I will notice from chosing the Outkast from the RT ULE ( I know about the upgrades on both sides, ex: level 10, x valve)