PDA

View Full Version : Are these kids idiots? Yes they are.

tony3
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Man, last 2 weekends at the field there has been a situation of a big fight or someone getting kicked out.

Last weekend, this team that is known for being whiney babies got in a fight with another team. Kid clearly gets shot first but says he shot the other kid first and walks right up to him from a few feet away and blasts him in the chest. This kid is also 14 that got shot in the chest, didn't want to start any trouble. Then of course everything just starts to snow ball, 1 kid gets punched, the owner does nothing.

Today, some moron claimed he shot a kid and the ref wouldn't check the kid, even though the ref was could see the kid wasn't hit. So the kid that was mad shoots the ref. The owner actually kicked the kid out which suprised me.

It is just like a small group of kids that are so stupid and tend to cause fights then the rest of the people are just cool. Oh well, just an observation I noticed.

tippmannsniper-
03-13-2005, 08:19 PM
well give it to em

beat them so bad that their too ashamed to come back you know a few extra bonus balls ;)

JoshK
03-13-2005, 08:23 PM
well give it to em

beat them so bad that their too ashamed to come back you know a few extra bonus balls ;)

Why did you add the " ;) "?!?!?!? :mad: ;)

SAW
03-13-2005, 08:25 PM
well give it to em

Yeah, let's do it.

One stupid action leads to another.

nt2004
03-13-2005, 08:27 PM
what field was this at?

warbeak2099
03-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Hire a group of disproportionally large bikers and take the "discussion" off the field. That way, no one is making a whiney fight zone out of the field. Instead you're using good, clean, American tactics. That is, getting big dude to beat the snot out of little whiney dude who thinks he's the big cheese. :headbang:

God bless America

gc82000
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
There are only tow feilds here so getting banned from one will more then likely mean you are banned from the other. That is why you dont see many fights here.

warbeak2099
03-13-2005, 08:53 PM
I was being facicious.

In seriousness though, you should take it up with the owner(s). Take a large group up to them and tell them that if they don't stop this foolishness then you and the large group are going to stop giving them money. Be blunt about it too. No regulation of the brats means no green for you!

mag88888
03-13-2005, 08:59 PM
at a local field......i got into a argument with some kid. he claimed i shot him out after i was out. i didnt though. at the end of the game im walking back to the picnic tables and stuff this kid shoots me in the back. i was pretty pissed but i kept my temperin control. ref just said "hey" and didnt do anything. oh well

JRingold
03-13-2005, 09:20 PM
The whole thing sounds to me like either inexperienced, or untrained refs... Or perhaps the refs are "friends" with the players. Sounds like you are striking at one of the problems with commercial paintball these days. The refs are not mature enough to fulfill their responsibilities, nor are they properly trained, in paintball nor conflict resolution issues.

White_Noise
03-13-2005, 09:33 PM
at a local field......i got into a argument with some kid. he claimed i shot him out after i was out. i didnt though. at the end of the game im walking back to the picnic tables and stuff this kid shoots me in the back. i was pretty pissed but i kept my temperin control. ref just said "hey" and didnt do anything. oh well

now normally im pretty good tempered, but if someone did that to me, i would have ran at him (mask on incase i didnt already have it on, from your strory sounds like a staging area) grabbed his gun, threw it out of his hands and palm strike him in the nose. followed by a nice punch or knee to the stomach, then a side kick to bust his knee. what he did was assault, and of fear of him doing it again, breaking his nose and his knee would be self defense.

now seeing as im over 18, if the kid was a minor and was doing it. id just grab his gun, throw it on the ground and then bring him to the ground.

as for your story Tony, thats assault too, and i wouldve made sure to call the police if i was anyway involved in that situation.

mag88888
03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
white noise......ahhhh that sounds pretty fierce but i just wasnt goingto do that. i was only 12 or 13 at the time, he was alot bigger and older than me. im older now.....so now for sure i wouldve.

tony3
03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
The whole thing sounds to me like either inexperienced, or untrained refs... Or perhaps the refs are "friends" with the players. Sounds like you are striking at one of the problems with commercial paintball these days. The refs are not mature enough to fulfill their responsibilities, nor are they properly trained, in paintball nor conflict resolution issues.

This is all team practice and for the majority of the day there are no refs. Towards the end of the day we get 1 or 2 refs because they are showing up to work for open play after team practice.

NT-This is at take aim.

abunkerer
03-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Take aim has a couple of cry babies. I brought my team there for a practice and this one kid threw a hissy fit because he felt like he was overshot by one of my guys. He was really freaking out bad, we stopped the game because he was walking accross the field yelling...I had to laugh becuase he was just a teenage kid, but he was getting himself all "pumped up" like he wanted to fight, and he was making threats to my player! We showed restraint, we just told him to stop being such a baby, and made fun of his hair and make-up (yes, make up) this isnt the first time that we have seen this situation.
These kids buy the 1000$ guns and wear all the newest gear, and then cry when they get bunkered. When I was new to the sport I felt honored to play against much better players, I still do! Not these posers I actually had some guys say "this isn't a tournament, Relax out there, we are trying to just have fun" this coming from a guy with a new intimidator and a full on "paintball outfit" . Isnt wednesday supposed to be a "team practice" night! These kids sucked and had bad attitudes...We stopped playing at that point and just did drills on the other field.

Carbon
03-14-2005, 04:07 AM
on a related note:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169502

New findings from brain researchers at the National Institutes of Health explain for the first time why efforts to protect the youngest drivers usually fail. The weak link: what's called "the executive branch" of the teen brain — the part that weighs risks, makes judgments and controls impulsive behavior

CrawforDry
03-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Humanity is a sad thing.

Thats all I have to say.

ben-afficial
03-14-2005, 11:28 AM
some of these kids are idiots....with this group i dont usually play with yesterday...they play a 20foot surrender rule..i was ok with that just no one realy fallowed it... one kid shot me in the back fromabout 15 feet away and then yells at me to surrender.. i so ok and put my hands up...so he shoots again and tells me to surrender...then about 10 min later a truck driven by flipped so we settled our differences and helped out the people...no one got hurt :dance:

SIGSays
03-14-2005, 12:29 PM
idiots will always be around

Nexus
03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
There are a few advantages to playing outlaw ball with a group of friends instead of going to fields; I know who the idiots are ahead of time :D .

Jackel411
03-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Eh you guys are lucky... My team mate and I were playing on Sunday , with the usual crowd of mixed noobs , and decent players. I tend to mostly play stock at the indoor field I work at and play at just because I know I can get away with it and the refs will pull kids when I hit them or I wont fix there guns on monday if they need them to be :)

So there were a group of kids all day that thought it funny to shoot our own team mates in the back , back of the head and what ever they can get away with. Now on about the 3rd time of them shooting me in the back of the head ( all bounces ) I was in the mood to basically rip these kids apart and feast on there innards... But instead I walked over to the bunker they were cowering in and just simply surrendered them.. yes on my own team..

Man what a controversy I caused but It was all a simple lie the kids told there mom.. the guy yelled at us and told us to surrender and he had his gun pointed at me!!!

New rule.. Kids should play paintball dont like it? too bad

tony3
03-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Take aim has a couple of cry babies. I brought my team there for a practice and this one kid threw a hissy fit because he felt like he was overshot by one of my guys. He was really freaking out bad, we stopped the game because he was walking accross the field yelling...I had to laugh becuase he was just a teenage kid, but he was getting himself all "pumped up" like he wanted to fight, and he was making threats to my player! We showed restraint, we just told him to stop being such a baby, and made fun of his hair and make-up (yes, make up) this isnt the first time that we have seen this situation.
These kids buy the 1000$ guns and wear all the newest gear, and then cry when they get bunkered. When I was new to the sport I felt honored to play against much better players, I still do! Not these posers I actually had some guys say "this isn't a tournament, Relax out there, we are trying to just have fun" this coming from a guy with a new intimidator and a full on "paintball outfit" . Isnt wednesday supposed to be a "team practice" night! These kids sucked and had bad attitudes...We stopped playing at that point and just did drills on the other field.

Side topic but what team do you play on?

abunkerer
03-15-2005, 01:22 AM
I play for the chicago conmen

WicKeD_WaYz
03-15-2005, 01:49 AM
Its sports man. Fights happen all the time in every sport where people are being competitive. It has always happened and always will happen. Live with it,fight back, or dont play sports.

Gambit1106
03-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Well this makes me think twice about heading up to play at take aim

stondroopy
03-15-2005, 05:19 AM
breaking his nose and his knee would be self defense.

I could be wrong but i dont believe that is self defense, If you were cornered and he kept shooting at you and you took action only to the point of making him stop, then maybe that would be self defense. And even then you still maybe at risk of assault or mutual combat. Just try and think twice before you act jail sucks

Lohman446
03-15-2005, 10:25 AM
now normally im pretty good tempered, but if someone did that to me, i would have ran at him (mask on incase i didnt already have it on, from your strory sounds like a staging area) grabbed his gun, threw it out of his hands and palm strike him in the nose. followed by a nice punch or knee to the stomach, then a side kick to bust his knee. what he did was assault, and of fear of him doing it again, breaking his nose and his knee would be self defense.

And any many many state statutes you would go to jail for it. You would find yourself on the wrong side of a civil lawsuit. What you have done is battery resulting in injury.

You have the right to use force in self defense if your attacker, and his method of attack, represent, to a reasonable person given the information you have, a threat of imminent and SERIOUS bodily injury and you cannot retreat. In virtually any place but your home you have a legal duty to retreat if possible before you can use force. (most states)

You do not have the right to escalate force if that threat is not serious - if you are wearing a mask and consider the use of a paintball marker on someone wearing a mask a threat of serious injury you are threatening a serious precident to destroy paintball as we know it if a court agreed with you.

50 cal
03-15-2005, 11:03 AM
I was at the old Nashville Pball field a few years ago and some guy shot me in the back after a game when we were off the field. He got upset because he stood up in front of me when I was shooting at someone else. I had already shot him out. He waited till I started shooting at his buddy then he stands up in front of me.
He waits till we all get off the field then shoots me int he back quit a few times. I asked to speak to him privately off the property. I couldn't believe he actually agreed to it. :p

White_Noise
03-15-2005, 12:28 PM
And any many many state statutes you would go to jail for it. You would find yourself on the wrong side of a civil lawsuit. What you have done is battery resulting in injury.

You have the right to use force in self defense if your attacker, and his method of attack, represent, to a reasonable person given the information you have, a threat of imminent and SERIOUS bodily injury and you cannot retreat. In virtually any place but your home you have a legal duty to retreat if possible before you can use force. (most states)

You do not have the right to escalate force if that threat is not serious - if you are wearing a mask and consider the use of a paintball marker on someone wearing a mask a threat of serious injury you are threatening a serious precident to destroy paintball as we know it if a court agreed with you.

technically, shooting anyone outside the arena of a paintball field with a paintball marker would be assault, as a paintball marker would have the same classification as an air rifle.

as for self defense, yes, you have to try to retreat first, even in your own home(which i believe is BS)

would i risk going to jail or paying fines if i did what i said id do? yes. does that mean i wouldnt do it? no. is what id do the "right" thing? not neccessarily. but it is what id do.

and again, if this was happening in a staging area, my goggles may or may not be on, as well as bystanders who dont have masks on. which would mean that there would be a risk of serous injury.

abunkerer
03-15-2005, 12:46 PM
I have seen grown men go insaine yelling at 12 year old kids. example (Tony3 you probably know of this guy -he used to have the multicolored "zip ties" all over his mask) There is this older guy (like 40-50years old) that gets kicked out of Badlandz every year for threatening kids on the field, you can't expect those kids to fight someone that is older than their father?
I agree that it is part of competitive sports & Some people just blow up and lose control, all that Im saying is that it is annoying, and it seems to be getting more and more common.

Lohman446
03-15-2005, 04:24 PM
technically, shooting anyone outside the arena of a paintball field with a paintball marker would be assault, as a paintball marker would have the same classification as an air rifle.

Technically it would be battery :) Assault is the threat of physical force, battery is the use of force.

The legal issues around shooting someone with a paintball marker are to me in very murky waters, considering under strict definition of statute in MI they are a firearm.

That being said.. even if someone attacks me - I do not have the right to aggressively defend myself if there is a reasonable means of safe retreat that would avoid serious bodily harm.

Have I never offered phyiscal harm to people who were jerks to me? Not at all.. I have a few times told people ok.. or bring it when they threatened me on field - I know I'm a jerk and tend to get threatened from time to time because I'm a jerk, I'm ok with that. But I know full well the legal ramifications of my actions and would hate to see someone not ready to deal with the ramifications of there actions... I am, should I choose to, prepared to deal with them. My actions, however impulsive or stupid they may seem to others, are more thought out than most would think.

tony3
03-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Well this makes me think twice about heading up to play at take aim

Since you'd just be playing open, I'd suggest it, heck I'll suggest it for team practice, just practice with teams you won't get in fights with. It is a great field. Awesome lighting and turf rocks.

Its sports man. Fights happen all the time in every sport where people are being competitive. It has always happened and always will happen. Live with it,fight back, or dont play sports.

I've played sports since I was old enough to walk, including basketball, baseball, volleyball, football. Not to mention, since I was 12 I have been umpring 20+ baseball games a season. I have never seen a fight EVER with physical contact involved in the hundreds of games I've watched and played in. How often do you see a fight in baseball? It happens but pretty rarely. How often do you see players fist fighting in any sport besides hockey? Not very often, yet, something is happening atleast everyweekend at the paintball field.

minimag03
03-15-2005, 10:03 PM
The field owners and refs should let the players know that that kind of action isn't tolerated at the field. If the person doesn't listen the refs when they tell them something then let the cops remove them from the field. We have done it at our local field before.