PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ION ? vs thread

Chingis
03-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Howdy all i was looking for some advice on this thought im having

im tossing around the idea of picking up a ION , ive shot one and its not bad
i currently own a R/T ule Custom 92/4500 stubby, i play mostly woods play but also some speedball

here is what im looking for opinions on

would buying a Hyper frame for my R/T ule custom be a better option for me or should i go with having 2 guns the Ion and the Mag? I love my mag its just not gonna keep up with electros.

any help would be great if you own or shoot a hyper framed mag i would love to here how it is , or if you own both would be even better

thanks

SpecialBlend2786
03-14-2005, 04:03 AM
Personally I'd go with the Ion and Mag combo. but i bet there are others who'd beg to differ.

magmanl337
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Howdy all i was looking for some advice on this thought im having

im tossing around the idea of picking up a ION , ive shot one and its not bad
i currently own a R/T ule Custom 92/4500 stubby, i play mostly woods play but also some speedball

here is what im looking for opinions on

would buying a Hyper frame for my R/T ule custom be a better option for me or should i go with having 2 guns the Ion and the Mag? I love my mag its just not gonna keep up with electros.

any help would be great if you own or shoot a hyper framed mag i would love to here how it is , or if you own both would be even better

thanks

This is Automaggot68 On MagMan's username

I own a Hyperframed mag, and I love it. It's got the 20bos board, and I'm using the ULt, intead of the Stock Centerflag On/off. The thing has the stock switch on it, but after seven years of guitar and bass, the switch doesn't make tha tbig a difference in my ROF. I really like it, even with the stock grips it's comfortable for me to shoot. I think yuou should go with the Hyperframe, as in the event that it may fail, you can slap on your other mech frame on the mag and still play the rest of the day.

I havent had the chance to use the ION in a game though, so while this is a biased post ,I'm still giving it the beneft of the duobt tht it isn't a horrible marker. I mean, how many marker out there are straight horrible nowadays?

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 10:00 AM
You could get really crazy and get a devilmag :)

TheTramp
03-14-2005, 10:16 AM
I'd get the Ion. That way you'll have two guns in case you have a problem with one.

Chingis
03-14-2005, 10:25 AM
thanks for the input guys

does anyone have both of these guns? or has had both and can compare the two for me? im leaning twards the 2 gun thing myself so far , but i think the price on the ION will fall to 250ish maybe lower in the months to come, probly when the compition rolls around.as for now im not decided in anyway would love to hear more from you guys

thanks

hobbesTZ
03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
The ION price won't be going anywhere. If you have the $$, and it's not going to make you get rid of a gun to make room for cash, then go ahead and get the Ion.

Chingis
03-14-2005, 11:43 AM
you sure about the price thing, i know SP is back ordered like 3-6 weeks form what im told, but also the mark up on it is insane over other markers at least on the retail end of it just kinda thinkin that there will be somesort of price war(hoping better words) that will lower the price some,or the new XXXXX marker that comes out by XXXXXX company

yes as far as it goes i will not sell any guns to get the Ion this i know

txaggie08
03-14-2005, 12:00 PM
illd personaly just hyperframe the mag. even if the hyper breaks, you can go right back to the manual firing system.

ICP
03-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I would highly suggest having 2 guns regardless of what they are (even smart parts ;) ) I say get the ion. It's fun to switch guns every once in a while anyway.

yakitori
03-14-2005, 01:12 PM
hide and watch. I bet in 7 months, ppl will be ragging on the ion instead of praising it. Its not high quality. SP actually competed w/ themself coming out w/ the ion. Ill bet they dont sell as many shockers now.

Id say stick w/ the mag, wait on the ion. When ppl have had them for a while and find out they are not what they expected, there will be tons of them F/S/T.

But, its your money, and its not a lot of money, so if you are willing to drop 300 for one, go for it.

Glickman
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
hide and watch. I bet in 7 months, ppl will be ragging on the ion instead of praising it. Its not high quality. SP actually competed w/ themself coming out w/ the ion. Ill bet they dont sell as many shockers now.

Id say stick w/ the mag, wait on the ion. When ppl have had them for a while and find out they are not what they expected, there will be tons of them F/S/T.

But, its your money, and its not a lot of money, so if you are willing to drop 300 for one, go for it.

ok... thats a business practice... so, its a problem when sp does it, but not when any other company does it?

listen to yourself. "competed with themself".

it sounds like your just jelous, or ignorant, because the ion and shocker are priced quite differently, which is usually a good thing to have in a retail business. or what is it that YOU would suggest they do then?

as for poor quality. you should know right? what about this. the reason you hear of (note, its only FIELDS) fields getting them broken is because sp has had such a LARGE demand, they have been offering to ship them in only semi-completed, inwhich the fields sometimes put them together wrong.

i wish i had a 1/2 a penny for every time i said this.

its not anymore, not it ever was. fashionable to hate sp...

Chingis
03-14-2005, 01:43 PM
hehe now look what I started , opps

"ok... thats a business practice... so, its a problem when sp does it, but not when any other company does it?

makes a really good point how do they compete with them selfs? all the money goes to the same spot no?

does nayone have a video or able to make a vid of a hyperframed mag plain jane style,sokething like a r/t ule custom with ULT and X valve ,lvl X would be great , ive seen tons of vids on the ion but notone on a Hyper mag,

yakitori
03-14-2005, 01:45 PM
ok... thats a business practice... so, its a problem when sp does it, but not when any other company does it?

it sounds like your just jelous, or ignorant, because the ion and shocker are priced quite differently, which is usually a good thing to have in a retail business. or what is it that YOU would suggest they do then?

as for poor quality. you should know right? what about this. the reason you hear of (note, its only FIELDS) fields getting them broken is because sp has had such a LARGE demand, they have been offering to ship them in only semi-completed, inwhich the fields sometimes put them together wrong.

i wish i had a 1/2 a penny for every time i said this.

its not anymore, not it ever was. fashionable to hate sp...

no need to be a defensive smart arse. Since you obviously can infer what a writer is trying to say by reading a passage, let me explain it to you.

My post simply states It is too early to tell. And yes, it is low quality. If you dont believe that, then you must work for SP. I even compared it w/ the quality of a shocker. Shocker is higher quality, IONs = low quality. Thats the freakin truth, and that is why I said hide and watch. Send me a PM in a few months after everyone starts talking about what a POS IONs are.

Im not hating on SP. I could care less about them or their lawsuits.

you are a complete goof.

You accuse everyone of hating on SP.

Glickman
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
no need to be a defensive smart arse. Since you obviously can infer what a writer is trying to say by reading a passage, let me explain it to you.

My post simply states It is too early to tell. And yes, it is low quality. If you dont believe that, then you must work for SP. I even compared it w/ the quality of a shocker. Shocker is higher quality, IONs = low quality. Thats the freakin truth, and that is why I said hide and watch. Send me a PM in a few months after everyone starts talking about what a POS IONs are.

Im not hating on SP. I could care less about them or their lawsuits.
you are a complete goof.
You accuse everyone of hating on SP.

"defensive smart arse" eh? even we 16 year olds try to stay mature enough away from the name calling.

ok, so a 300 dollar marker is lower quality then a 650-750 dollar one. oh no! so whats so poor about its quality specifically? you said you compared the quality, ok, i took it apart head from toe, did you?

also, what about addressing sp "competing against it'self"? i asked waht you would suggest then? because in all business sense, i can think of anything. but then again im just a ingnorant little 16 year old :rolleyes:

"competed with themself".
makes a really good point how do they compete with them selfs? all the money goes to the same spot no?

that and isnt it a good thing to offer the consumer different things at different price ranges?

btw. should thank chingis for making the first interesting thread ive seen in months :cheers: :bounce:

phantomhitman
03-14-2005, 02:12 PM
i would say go ion and have a old backup mag. i finally got a chance to play with one this weekend and it was decent. very little kick, small and compact, and RELIABLY fast (no chopping, shoot down, etc). for $300 you cannot go wrong with an ion. all you really need is a barrel, some people prefer a better reg, and a clamping feedneck.
i wold also like to say there is a huge difference in my book between an ion and shocker. the shocker is def faster and feels more solid. there are also about 10 different versions of it to please everyone, but of course it costs alot mroe.

yakitori
03-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I say they competed w/ themself because maybe there are ppl who would have bought a shocker, but instead went w/ the ION, therefore the money that coulda been made by buying a more expensive SP gun, is not lost. You tell me then since you know SP from head to toe. Have Shocker/ impulse sales declined since the release of the Ion?

And I called you a smart arse because you type in caps and that is YELLING. And you said I must be ignorant. you call someone ignorant first, they call you a smart arse because of your snappy, unwitty post, and then you think I am the one starting the name calling. :rolleyes: Grow up dude.

Glickman
03-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I say they competed w/ themself because maybe there are ppl who would have bought a shocker, but instead went w/ the ION, therefore the money that coulda been made by buying a more expensive SP gun, is not lost. You tell me then since you know SP from head to toe. Have Shocker/ impulse sales declined since the release of the Ion?

And I called you a smart arse because you type in caps and that is YELLING. And you said I must be ignorant. you call someone ignorant first, they call you a smart arse because of your snappy, unwitty post, and then you think I am the one starting the name calling. :rolleyes: Grow up dude.

ok, look above, i didnt say i know smart parts head from toe, i said i took apart (this better? i dont want to offend you using capitals) the ion head to toe. nothing about even knowing the ion head to toe, nor smart parts itself. thats where assuming gets you.

i used 3 instances (or so i count) where i used caps to type single words to put emphasis on them. yes, indeed i called you ignorant. i dont consider that "name calling" because that has relavency to this discussion (thats part of my argument) , while you calling me a "smart arse" does not. your telling me to grow up? your 10 years older then me, and still calling me a "smart arse".

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 03:03 PM

OR maybe people who couldn't afford a shocker went and bought a Spyder instead...

Anyways, I'm skeptical too. $300 says it's built cheaply. But no one can say for sure how durable they really are since they're so new?

yakitori
03-14-2005, 03:10 PM
ok, look above, i didnt say i know smart parts head from toe, i said i took apart (this better? i dont want to offend you using capitals) the ion head to toe. nothing about even knowing the ion head to toe, nor smart parts itself. thats where assuming gets you.

i used 3 instances (or so i count) where i used caps to type single words to put emphasis on them. yes, indeed i called you ignorant. i dont consider that "name calling" because that has relavency to this discussion (thats part of my argument) , while you calling me a "smart arse" does not. your telling me to grow up? your 10 years older then me, and still calling me a "smart arse".

whatever jerk. :rolleyes: youre still immature. I was being sarcastic about you knowing SP head to toe.

when you act like a smart arse, dont be suprised when you get called one.

I will still stand by my "they are cheaply made" argument, and time will likely prove me right.

Glickman
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
whatever jerk. :rolleyes: youre still immature. I was being sarcastic about you knowing SP head to toe.

when you act like a smart arse, dont be suprised when you get called one.

I will still stand by my "they are cheaply made" argument, and time will likely prove me right.

whatever jerk. :rolleyes: youre still immature..

whatever jerk. :rolleyes: youre still immature..

haha. man. im tearing... dont need high school psych to know that you pretty much just addmitted your ceeding.

i havent seen that statement since i was on the debate team in 7th grade

game

set

match

moi

FlynnRuss Productions
03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
thanks for the input guys

does anyone have both of these guns? or has had both and can compare the two for me? im leaning twards the 2 gun thing myself so far , but i think the price on the ION will fall to 250ish maybe lower in the months to come, probly when the compition rolls around.as for now im not decided in anyway would love to hear more from you guys

thanks

I have both guns. Love them both. Probably like my RT a lil more though. :eek:

FlynnRuss Productions
03-14-2005, 03:20 PM
OR maybe people who couldn't afford a shocker went and bought a Spyder instead...

Anyways, I'm skeptical too. $300 says it's built cheaply. But no one can say for sure how durable they really are since they're so new?

thats kinda like saying an Rt is cheaply built because it is 340... right?

yakitori
03-14-2005, 03:22 PM
i havent seen that statement since i was on the debate team in 7th grade

game

set

match

moi

what was that....like 2 years ago? You are correct....I am ceeding. I look even dumber arguing w/ a 16 yo over a platic covered gun that just hit the market, that you are defending like it is the best invention since peanut butter. :rolleyes:

So screw off and stop posting.

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 03:22 PM

I'm not sure how much RT's were when they first came out, but I suspect they were more then $340 :)

EDIT: Not to mention the RT is a mech and still more expensive then the ION :)

yakitori
03-14-2005, 03:24 PM

not really. The reason we say it is cheaply built is because it is. PPl know the difference.

Why the **ck is everyone defending the ION? Its still too soon to tell, and IMO, ppl are going to start having probs w/ them.

Just like DM4s and their membranes. The same ppl that praised it as the best gun, I see selling them already because of maint. and probs.

Glickman
03-14-2005, 03:30 PM

feel free to check out any of the tons of reviews on pbnation.com and ionownersgrou.tk . personally the only thing i see cheaply built was the trigger. one of the best things it has going for it is the "plastic" (its a polymer, much stronger due to interweaving bond molecular bonds) body. I had a video where i smacked the body over a metal redz chair. nothing. :D

what was that....like 2 years ago?... I look even dumber arguing w/ a 16 yo over a platic covered gun that just hit the market

So ***k off and stop posting.

3, thank you. real cool to stooping to that level. real cool. and uh, no comment to the part after that :rolleyes:

TheTramp
03-14-2005, 03:34 PM
The A-5 and the M98 are both inexpencive because the are made "cheaply." I chalange anyone to say that they are "cheap" in the sence you are using.

Using inexpencive methods to produce something doesn't automaticly mean it's going to be crappy.

Like I said above. I wouldn't sell my RT-Pro for the Ion but I'd certenly pick one up as a second gun.

Chingis
03-14-2005, 03:38 PM
i would say go ion and have a old backup mag. i finally got a chance to play with one this weekend and it was decent. very little kick, small and compact, and RELIABLY fast (no chopping, shoot down, etc). for $300 you cannot go wrong with an ion. all you really need is a barrel, some people prefer a better reg, and a clamping feedneck.
i wold also like to say there is a huge difference in my book between an ion and shocker. the shocker is def faster and feels more solid. there are also about 10 different versions of it to please everyone, but of course it costs alot mroe.

Thanks for the reply to my question ,

if you other guys are going to keep arguing please take it to PMs im looking for honest response to my question not about SP or name calling

Glickman
03-14-2005, 03:38 PM
The A-5 and the M98 are both inexpencive because the are made "cheaply." I chalange anyone to say that they are "cheap" in the sence you are using.

Using inexpencive methods to produce something doesn't automaticly mean it's going to be crappy.

Like I said above. I wouldn't sell my RT-Pro for the Ion but I'd certenly pick one up as a second gun.

:cheers: just about to note that ;) .

another instance might be the army making new weapons out of polymers. (eh, yes, some enlisted's will agrue against this :rolleyes: expecially one of my friends, but the government isnt TOTALLY stupid )

im done arguing, because hes just stooped immatury.

but do yourself a favor, and take one for a test drive. im in the process of selling my shocker and matrix to get another one of these bad boys. they really are the best thing since sliced bread imo. :D

TheTramp
03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
but do yourself a favor, and take one for a test drive. im in the process of selling my shocker and matrix to get another one of these bad boys. they really are the best thing since sliced bread imo. :D

If you sell a Shocker and a Matrix you'll be able to get like 10 Ions. ;)

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 03:54 PM
I never said it was cheap, just built cheaply. However, I am a firm believer in the phrase: You get what you pay for. I admitted I am skeptical.

I also said that time will tell. It's pretty early yet.

Anyways, it seems people are ultra argumentative today :o It seems like some of you have a bad case of the Mondays!

SlartyBartFast
03-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Why the...

And that's twice.

Enjoy the Ban. :p

yakitori
03-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I didnt type any cuss words or put spaces to avoid a swear filter. I just typed **. That could actually mean

Why the heck. See, thats not a cuss word. I was doing everything to avoid cussing. :D

TheTramp
03-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Ask the guy that got a ban for that if the mods care if you tipped the filter or typed #'s.

yakitori
03-14-2005, 05:31 PM
whatever. If i get banned for doing something that small, then the mods must be really bored.

technically the last several posts are spam, so should you be banned too for posting TheTramp. Can we get banned for saying tramp, or mr poopy head?

besides, I answered the guys original question in my first post. I didnt type anything bad until Glickman quoted me and started saying ppl are ignorant, and arguing like the 16yo he is. :bounce:

Besides, like nobody has seen the word *#^##*#@!()()^&.

Can I get banned for that? it doesnt even mean anything.

btw, I just made up those characters.

Getting banned for something that small is juvenile, I can understand if ppl say the f word like 6 times, and mf a couple times, but screw and heck? cmon.

I guess we should ban all the threads w/ the word stiffi in it too. :tard:

TheTramp
03-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Not a complete ban more like a 3 day and unfortunatly yes, they'll do it. Not always but it happens.

SpecialBlend2786
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
You people are ridiculous. stop arguing and answer the guys question, or dont post at all.

I have a headache.

TheTramp
03-15-2005, 10:47 AM
His question was answered on the last page. Becides, it is "Yet another Ion Vs. thread" so he has to expect some crap posts. ;)

FlynnRuss Productions
03-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure how much RT's were when they first came out, but I suspect they were more then $340 :)

EDIT: Not to mention the RT is a mech and still more expensive then the ION :)

The reason I say that is because I own both of them. Neither is cheaply made. My RT has higher quality parts than an ION, but its a mag, thats expected. The ION is not cheap by any means. I was using a little reverse psychology, you know? HEHE. Anyway, I remember when RT's were 650-700 dollars so yeah, there used to be pretty pricey. You are right there.