PDA

View Full Version : ION and RT in hand, what vid to make?

FlynnRuss Productions
03-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I am going to be making a vid either this weekend or next weekend. I need some suggestions from you guys on content. Just lemme know what you would like to see done in these vids.

phantomhitman
03-14-2005, 02:16 PM
consistency over a chrono (shot to shot, not a string of paint)
how bad the stock barrel sucks on the ion
how fast the ion is properly setup
maybe the internals of the ion if not a huge pain to do

68magOwner
03-14-2005, 03:11 PM
consistency over a chrono (shot to shot, not a string of paint)
how bad the stock barrel sucks on the ion
how fast the ion is properly setup
maybe the internals of the ion if not a huge pain to do

the stock barrel is fine, a vid of that would really reflect the paint to barrel match rather than the capabiliteies of the barrel.

internals....just go look for pics, not really worth teh time to make a vid

FlynnRuss Productions
03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
the stock barrel is fine, a vid of that would really reflect the paint to barrel match rather than the capabiliteies of the barrel.

Agreed.

jgaudreau
03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I shot of the Ion's amazing "interchangable body" getting split in two by a barrage of paint from the RT would be pretty cool too. I mean, if it' not too much of a pain or anything... :ninja:

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Would be neat to test durability vs. the two. Run them both over with a minivan and then shoot them to see which one fires. Or drop them both in mud puddles, etc.

I guess that's not very cost effective though =/

teufelhunden
03-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Would be neat to test durability vs. the two. Run them both over with a minivan and then shoot them to see which one fires. Or drop them both in mud puddles, etc.

I guess that's not very cost effective though =/

And entirely stupid.

FlynnRuss Productions
03-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Now I know why I havent seen any of the people above making vids. You would make too big of a mess. LOL :shooting: :dance:

Chingis
03-14-2005, 03:43 PM
I would like to see distance accuracy
any chance you have a hyper frame for the R.T?

Glickman
03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I shot of the Ion's amazing "interchangable body" getting split in two by a barrage of paint from the RT would be pretty cool too. I mean, if it' not too much of a pain or anything... :ninja:

i have a video that i posted ill look for of me banging the crap outta the body over a metal redz chair.

:) nothing :)

as soon as the spare bodies come out, im gonna show you a real trial :D

-Paintballs
- BB
see how it stands :D

consistancy with speed is what im curious in

ApexAZ
03-14-2005, 03:50 PM
And entirely stupid.

You never dropped your marker? You never played in the rain or mud?

Obviously running it over with a minivan is a bit extreme (read sarcasm) but durability is a concern for me personally. I don't want to spend money on something that will break in a month.

Where's your input/ideas?

FlynnRuss Productions
03-14-2005, 04:32 PM
i have a video that i posted ill look for of me banging the crap outta the body over a metal redz chair.

-Paintballs
- BB

Definately isnt going to stand a chance with a .22 a BB maybe... paintball yes.

CKY_Alliance
03-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Definately isnt going to stand a chance with a .22 a BB maybe... paintball yes.

Still be fun to see. Might wanna wear goggles on that one.

ICP
03-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Ease of maintenance for each one. The amount of pressure the bolt puts on the pball (pinching) Consistency, efficiency, I'm sure I'll think of more. A durablity test would be nice, but since they are both YOUR guns, couldn't ask ya to be exsevily rough on either of them. Maybe just shoot both of them with the other, and different distances, could be done before a segment about cleaning them.

phantomhitman
03-14-2005, 05:41 PM

thanks for your great wisdom there?! :confused:
i could care less about this gun, but other people might not want to search around for pics of it, or even internals of it. the stock barrel does suck, and a barrel kit would indeed help out alot in the paint to barrel match. its better to have barrels to match the paint instead of looking for paint to match your barrel.
but whatever, lets see another great video from FlynnRuss Productions.........

E r y k
03-14-2005, 06:03 PM
co2 on ion.

thorn
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM

-Paintballs
- BB
-12 gauge
- .50 cal.

FIXED

SCpoloRicker
03-14-2005, 07:04 PM
but whatever, lets see another great video from FlynnRuss Productions.........

yep.

FlynnRuss Productions
03-15-2005, 08:03 AM
I will probably do it this weekend or next. Thanks guys.

ojhspyro89
03-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Take the ion and either put it loosley in a vice with a towel and see how close the paintballs are with the stock barrrel at diff bps and such. Or make a stand and dont move it at all and see if the balls will stay in a fiarly tight pattern. But shoot through paper or something cause after a while on wood you wouldnt be able to tell where they are hittin on a vid.

MadPSIence
03-15-2005, 05:46 PM
smack the barrel of the ion on a bunker or something. I hear stories about how weak the barrel and receiver + other parts are...

also.. try and point out how ****ty the feedneck on the ion is.

tha flynnrod
03-15-2005, 09:30 PM
we will test the RussRods ION durability by peeing on the circuit board Then i will pee on my intelliframe (beacause im sure the RussRod will not want two pee soaked guns). Then we will shoot from several angles and distances at both the pee soaked ION and my pee soaked RT with the RussRods RT. Then we will pick up both pee soaked guns with our bare hands and see how they both fire. :headbang: :rofl:

oh...and ill also see if i can walk my rt better than ive seen other people do it...or at least one other person do it...

68magOwner
03-15-2005, 10:07 PM
the stock barrel does suck, and a barrel kit would indeed help out alot in the paint to barrel match. its better to have barrels to match the paint instead of looking for paint to match your barrel.

ok, so not being a kit makes a barrel suck? the way I see it, a single bore barrel it a single bor barrel, bar none, dosent matter if its the stock ion barrel or a $100 ultralite, they are both pipes of the same diameter, that do the same thing.
So you want a kit proving that it is indeed a single bore barrel and not a kit, just to make shure it sucks by your standards? :tard: :rolleyes:

FlynnRuss Productions
03-15-2005, 11:06 PM
smack the barrel of the ion on a bunker or something. I hear stories about how weak the barrel and receiver + other parts are...

Go use an ION, then say how ********************** it is. There is nothing of poor quality about them. Sorry I couldnt help you out there buddy. :wow:

tha flynnrod
03-15-2005, 11:50 PM

the gun is made of ALUMINUM...not balsa wood :bounce: :bounce:

phantomhitman
03-16-2005, 08:35 AM
ok, so not being a kit makes a barrel suck? the way I see it, a single bore barrel it a single bor barrel, bar none, dosent matter if its the stock ion barrel or a $100 ultralite, they are both pipes of the same diameter, that do the same thing.
So you want a kit proving that it is indeed a single bore barrel and not a kit, just to make shure it sucks by your standards? :tard: :rolleyes:

ok, let me ask you this. would you rather have a barrel kit or a stock ion barrel? jeez, the stock barrel is not worth this much hastle to argue about. and there is a gigantic difference in quality of barrels between manufacturers. wether it be the material it is made out of, or the quality of the bore smoothness. then there is the size issue.
but whatever makes you happy man, play with a stock ion barrel and smile :confused: have fun with it, i will just spend some of my milions of dollars and get barrel kits for all of my gun :rolleyes:

FlynnRuss Productions
03-16-2005, 08:56 AM
the gun is made of ALUMINUM...not balsa wood :bounce: :bounce:

lol :clap:

68magOwner
03-16-2005, 03:33 PM
ok, let me ask you this. would you rather have a barrel kit or a stock ion barrel? jeez, the stock barrel is not worth this much hastle to argue about. and there is a gigantic difference in quality of barrels between manufacturers. wether it be the material it is made out of, or the quality of the bore smoothness. then there is the size issue.
but whatever makes you happy man, play with a stock ion barrel and smile :confused: have fun with it, i will just spend some of my milions of dollars and get barrel kits for all of my gun :rolleyes:

...so how will a video proving that "the stock barrel is horrible" (which, it is the same thing as any other single bore barrel) be any different than ANY other marker with the stock barrel. Your arguing that a kit is better, well no ****, but the ion barrel is no worse than any other single bore barrel, so its flat out stupid to attempt to make a vid trying to show that it is bad. :tard:

logicmag19
03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
or you could make a video telling people how they are all wasting their time posting their dumb ideas and telling them they are wrong about every word they have ever said in this thread. :cry:

or instead of that just make the video u said u r and show us :clap:

FlynnRuss Productions
03-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I will probably do it this weekend or next. Thanks guys.

I will. More than likely this weekend :headbang: