PDA

View Full Version : What I Want, What I Need

MadPSIence
03-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Alright last night I was posting about the tough decision I had in what marker to buy next.. well I've learned a lot since then. A LOT. So now my problem is really what I want what I need because I'm sure they are 2 different things so some advice from you guys would help (because you guys know stuff I didn't know existed).

Last night I got hooked on the RPG Paradigm.. it's def cooler than the R/T Pro which is one of the guns I was considering. After I got introduced to it I went on a mag spree all over the internet looking at different custom mags and other guns.

I also at one point stopped and decided to learn a bit about timing cockers (for info sake)

Anyways.. I'm liking the Paradigm, I guess it shoots bloody straight and can get up pretty fast then again now I'm looking at one other gun that gave me major wood. Devilmag. I always kinda dreamed about an X-Mag but the price is nuts and even at 900 the Devilmag is pretty much stupid of me to buy in my current situation.

To repeat I play recball first and speedball second. Whatever gun I buy I want as a crossover between both but I want it especially functional in the woods. I don't mean rails and scopes.. I don't use that crap (even though some iron sights would be nice, I hate hip shooting)

So there I am torn between a mech mag, electro mag.... and curious about a VF-Tactical mech cocker.

Argh.

Argh..

p8ntball365
03-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I would go with a mag, but spydermag it, putting a spyder frame on it (fast) ill get you a link if you need it. But just pack another sear, and you can switch between a mech frame and a spyderframe. Best of both worlds IMO.

SteelSoul
03-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Look at it this way
A mag is something you will buy now and it will be around in 10 years still work.
For the speed part a mag can rip FAST and with the new stuff that is in the pipe like the Pnum mag it has the best of both worlds.
I have been going through the same thing as you should I get a devil mag Now and shoot ropes at peeps, or wait for the Pnum mag and do it with out Electro. I like the looks of this thing check out this post
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168243&highlight=rrfireblade

It should be here some time this decade so get a rouge mag and wait
be diffrent dont blend with the rest of the herd.

SS

MadPSIence
03-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Rogue Mag being the Paradigm?

Duzzy
03-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Look at it this way
A mag is something you will buy now and it will be around in 10 years still work.
For the speed part a mag can rip FAST and with the new stuff that is in the pipe like the Pnum mag it has the best of both worlds.
I have been going through the same thing as you should I get a devil mag Now and shoot ropes at peeps, or wait for the Pnum mag and do it with out Electro. I like the looks of this thing check out this post
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168243&highlight=rrfireblade

It should be here some time this decade so get a rouge mag and wait
be diffrent dont blend with the rest of the herd.

SS

No cookie for you, this is the LINK (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169652) you should have given him. It looks so much better.

warbeak2099
03-14-2005, 07:10 PM
The paradigm is an rt ule with a lighter rail. It will not shoot/rip faster. If you're looking for something without those ugly ss brackets then the paradigm would be good. An all black paradigm would be great as a marker being used for speed and woods.

GT
03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
To repeat I play recball first and speedball second. Whatever gun I buy I want as a crossover between both but I want it especially functional in the woods. I don't mean rails and scopes.. I don't use that crap (even though some iron sights would be nice, I hate hip shooting).

used classic mag w/ and intelli and a 68ci tank. drop maybe 300 bucks for the whole setup.

jenarelJAM
03-14-2005, 11:43 PM
i know exactly what you mean by rec ball first, speedball second. i play at a rec woods ball field(where i recently started working) and a rec speedball field(where occasional teams come to practice). I saved up my money for like a year, so i went all out and bought an emag, but if you're on a budget(btw, what price range are you looking in, if u mentioned it b4, i missed it sry) i would go with the rt pro or the paradigm. as far as i know, the paradigm is the exact same gun as the custom rt pro on airgun.com w/ an intellifeed and a couple other upgrades for basicly the same price. I would seriously recommend either gun. I almost regret spending the extra money on my emag... almost. if you have the extra money, you could go with a nitro duck x-stream because they come w/ bottomlines, the xstream is a screw-in, and the reactive trigger is sooo much better with an adjustable tank. you can get an x-stream for 233 on pbgear.com or xpaintball.com. or there was some other site where they were selling (i think) new maxflows ](68/4500) for 250$
bottom line, if you've got the money, the mag line is a great way to go, otherwise, you could always look at an ion, its fast and cheap. gl with whatever you chose.

AcemanPB
03-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Tac-one maybe?

The X-valve will be plenty fast for rec-ball but you will certinally be out gunned at any tournament. You just can't (legally) pull a mech trigger faster than an electro.

MadPSIence
03-15-2005, 12:57 AM
lol, I'll never sink into buying an Ion. Anyways my price range is basically up to 800 USD ... I wish so badly I could get an electric mag for that but the devil is 100 more and I am PUSHING my spending limit when I say 800 is the limit.

right now I'm real tempted to get the paradigm.. i just don't wanna regret not going electro..

the only marker in existence that I believe satisfies my woods + speed requirements as well as price range is the WGP Superstock... but I do not want an autococker... i don't want to spend time timing a gun and with pneu's sticking out I don't feel comfy.

Devilmag is tempting but just out of my range.. shockers probably aren' great for the woods and I don't know anything about them...

So I'm left with Paradigm. I'm close to getting it but just want to be sure.

Little_Ho
03-15-2005, 01:11 AM
HI
well did you consider an Emag??
Its works very good. You have a mech mode so when the electro goes down just switch it to mech and you have a RT. No need sto say the Electro Part. 20BPS max and nice trigger pull. Sugestion get a new Trigger maybe one from Logic. the you have a Hybrid mode half Mech half Electro.

Maybe consider that. get a Tac One or any ULE body and you are good to go.
Just look in the Sale/Trade/Buy secton there are always Emag lowers for around 350Buggs. Get a nice body and a X-Valve. You should be ready to go both ways.

Hope that helps a bit

LIL Ho

ApexAZ
03-15-2005, 10:47 AM
You can always upgrade the Paradigm with the devilmag lowers/eyes.

TheTramp
03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Like someone said above, if you don't mind used, you can get an E-Mag for ~$500.

If I were in your position and wanted something new I'd get the Tac-One.

dirty_canadian4894
03-15-2005, 03:55 PM
take a look at the icd freestyles, you can get a 2004 2nd gen freestyle for like 399$ and they are incredibly fast, small, light ,and uncomplicated markers, im saving my money for one because i tried one out at my field a couple of weeks ago and it was the nicest shooting gun ive held. and ive owned matrix's, angels, shockers, mags, and dozens of cockers.

sheck out the freestyle forum at pbnation.com its very informative and one of the best pbn forums.

Chronobreak
03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah sounds like you want a tac-one.

www.whitewolfairmsithing.com
themagsmith.com