PDA

View Full Version : Toughest marker ever?

punkncat
03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I have seen quite a few abused markers be made to work with very little effort, but this takes the cake.

A buddy of mine has an older rf cocker. The cocking rod had a bad habit of coming loose and he, having no patience for it, threw it into a huge mud puddle in his back yard. It stayed in that mud puddle for several weeks before I went out and rescued it. I gave it a spraying off with the water hose and aired it up. It worked somewhat, but definately had problems.

I took the marker apart and it had a great deal of trash inside. It appears that buddy had been using WD40 to lube the marker for its entire life. I dunno if you know anything about WD, but it actually attracts dirt. The valve chamber was filled with so much goo that I ended up having to put the parts into a vat to get it all out. I took apart the ram, 3 way, and regs cleaned them out, re-oiled everything, and put it back together. This thing works as well as the day it was made and with all the original parts and orings.

Gotta give it to ole Bud, he knows how to make em...lol

p8ntball365
03-14-2005, 07:37 PM
sounds like a tippmann. What advantages are there to use WD-40?

master_alexander
03-14-2005, 07:44 PM
i had a friend lube his gun up with rainex... it was halarious!

and it was a cocker

p8ntball365
03-14-2005, 07:45 PM
isnt that for cars?

68magOwner
03-14-2005, 07:51 PM
its for car winshields, to repel rain

anyway, from my personal experience- my viking, have done NOTHING but drop oil in the asa and have had zero problems, ever

personman
03-14-2005, 08:33 PM
sounds like a tippmann. What advantages are there to use WD-40?
WD-40 eats orings and you should never use it in your paintball gun. Ever.

I'd have to say a tippmann or a classic mag falls under the toughest catagory. :)

p8ntball365
03-14-2005, 08:37 PM
dont tell me this i think you need to tell punkats friend

matmc89
03-14-2005, 08:42 PM
lol...ill post the team eleven cocker durability test vid soon. We ran over an old pf cocker with a car, dropped metal rods on it from 20 feet, lit it on fire, hit it with bricks..ect.

VIkings are very durable aswell.

p8ntball365
03-14-2005, 08:47 PM
awesome!^^ post hurry!

spectre184
03-14-2005, 08:53 PM
VM-68, or when i bought mine it was called PMI III. Built like an M1 Abrahams tank!

Dryden
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
No marker durability thread is complete without the miata pics!!! :cool:

http://www.bininger.com/paintball/miata1.jpg

http://www.bininger.com/paintball/miata2.jpg

p8ntball365
03-14-2005, 09:17 PM
hummm, is that real?

Fathom
03-14-2005, 09:40 PM
It wouldn't be the gun i would be worried about.

It would be wether my welds are strong enough ;)

magman007
03-14-2005, 09:56 PM
toughest electro? has to be the old angel lcd. you could beat the hell out of em, submerse em, fill em with sand, and keep going...

Scott Hudnall
03-14-2005, 10:28 PM
toughest gun in the world was the VM68.

I knew several guys who went from the original angels to the angel LCD's, only to have their LCD boards go fritzy a month later.

evildead420
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
WD40 isnt a lubercant, it drys up after time.

best stuff is Corrusion Block. good stuff for a substitute for lube. expensive though for 20 bucks a spray can.

tipp-ed off
03-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Old M98 or a Pro-Carbine.

jewie27
03-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Stainless steel Auto/Minimags

SpecialBlend2786
03-15-2005, 03:55 AM
m98 / 98 custom.

next inline would be the stainless automags i think.

Teamslayer76
03-15-2005, 07:29 AM
m98 / 98 custom.

next inline would be the stainless automags i think.

Both could be shot under water. :ninja:
Both could be dropped of the famed 10 story build of marker destruction and survive :ninja:

Creative Mayhem
03-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I have to chime in here... the VM68 was a friggen boat anchor, but a damn tough SOB, but I have to give the Classic AM/MM the award for the toughest gun. My minimag has been through hell over the last 13 years, and in all honesty, I have changed the orings only ONCE in that lifetime. Can't beat the classic for durability.

hobbesTZ
03-15-2005, 10:10 AM
My LCD shot through sand and paint sludge...Not well enough to really keep me in the game since the detent was stuck back. Tippmanns and 'mags are both durable. Same goes for Palmer markers.

Temo Vryce
03-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Toughest Marker...

Well the VM68/PMI 3 has been mentioned as has the Mag. I had one friend completely forst a cocker(1/4" thick frost) in a tournament, while running on co2 and still be able to crono off the field. But for me, the one marker that sands out in my memory is the 1st gen stingray. When it first apeared in APG, they showed pictures of it being run over by the Snakebite monster truck. Show me another plastic body marker that can stand up to that.

matt-o
03-15-2005, 04:43 PM
my classic was left out in the rain for a loong time while it was my brothjers and the thing still works, that theing went through hell. tmaxxking owns it now and he can probably attest to that things condition. but its over a decade old and it still works

*edit* unless he did something to it :mad:

SlartyBartFast
03-15-2005, 05:32 PM
they showed pictures of it being run over by the Snakebite monster truck

Actually, there is nothing particularily impressive about that. Tire pressure is propably about the same in a Maonster truck as in tires on a compact car. About 32 psi.

A concentrated load may prove much more damageing (say a bicycle with 100psi inflation which would place the entire weight of the bike and rider on one point).

peewee
03-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Classic mag hands down. :headbang:

ICP
03-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Haven't had a chance to abuse my mag yet. But I've got a tippmann 68 carbine that has been through hell. Been dropped from the roof of a barn, run over, dropped in mudpuddles, and buried in sand. I've had it for 6 years (bought it used) and I have never replaced orings and only oiled it once, and that wasn't until this last year.

Good stories though, glad to see I'm not the only one that beats the crap out my stuff. :shooting:

SAW
03-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Our field owner found a Pro-Lite during the production of a new course.

It looked like it had been buried for years, completely caked in mud / dirt / grime.

We cleaned it, threw a CO2 on it, and took it to the chrono.

It fired.

minimag03
03-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Our field owner found a Pro-Lite during the production of a new course.

It looked like it had been buried for years, completely caked in mud / dirt / grime.

We cleaned it, threw a CO2 on it, and took it to the chrono.

It fired.

The hammers can rust very easily on the Pro-Lite.

1st - Air valved automags
2nd- VM-68s
3rd- most tippmanns
4th- AKA markers (maybe)

SpitFire1299
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
I use my paintball gun oil for all different things... Door creaking, old controlers for like sega with stuck buttons, anything. It always works, and it never didnt.

Toughest Mech- Tippmanns, Automags
Weakest Mech- Anything under $50 :rolleyes:

Toughest Electric-
Weekest Electric-

:( Ive never had an electric gun. I got an angel LCD a few days ago, i hope thats tough.

ultralight
03-16-2005, 12:20 AM
classic mag probably takes the title over my precious VM-68
but only because it's not as complicated a design.

VM-68 magnum. the thing just will not die!
the barrel on mine is a 14" non ported solid bull barrel. you could use it as a nightstick and it would still shoot straight.

but every superman or gun has it's kryptonite...

i don't mean to hijack but has anyone ever made the mistake of taking apart the trigger machanism on a VM? :eek:

TMAXXKING1
03-16-2005, 02:01 AM
my classic was left out in the rain for a loong time while it was my brothjers and the thing still works, that theing went through hell. tmaxxking owns it now and he can probably attest to that things condition. but its over a decade old and it still works

*edit* unless he did something to it :mad:

that mag was through hell and back thats for sure ..
that mag was in super rough shape ..
i got the broken feild strip screw out of the valve and sold it the rest of that mag sad to say is gone ..
i had to cut the frame to get the front frame screw out after about 45 mins of heat . i got that off ..

that valve is still going .. i dont own it but i know it is still in use ..