PDA

View Full Version : Need help on an ion

Codekevin0403
03-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok, i just got the ion, and i put an evo II with z-board on it and a 90/4500 nitroduck adjustble system on it. I know absolutelly nothing about ions, this was all a gift, so i have a few questions;

1) Is it anything like a shocker? I own one but i don't know how they compare.

2) What's the best operating pressure so that i can get the best efficiency but still get decent fps?

3) And the stock feedneck is piece of s***, so i was wondering if the feedneck threads were impulse? so could i use an impulse feedneck on an ion?

Any help would be appreciated

Chronobreak
03-15-2005, 06:58 PM
ion takes imp feedneck threads i think so yeah thatl work

its a shocker, but smaller and with less parts and cheaper made ones.

i think 160 is the recomended op pressure

SAW
03-15-2005, 07:00 PM
It's a shocker, only not.

Codekevin0403
03-15-2005, 07:02 PM
k thanks guys

RRfireblade
03-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Ok, i just got the ion, and i put an evo II with z-board on it and a 90/4500 nitroduck adjustble system on it. I know absolutelly nothing about ions, this was all a gift, so i have a few questions;

1) Is it anything like a shocker? I own one but i don't know how they compare.

2) What's the best operating pressure so that i can get the best efficiency but still get decent fps?

3) And the stock feedneck is piece of s***, so i was wondering if the feedneck threads were impulse? so could i use an impulse feedneck on an ion?

Any help would be appreciated

1) Similar in function to a Shocker w/ minor differences.

2) FPS is controlled by operating pressure so that's not where you can look for efficiency. Things like dwell,cycling pressure (LPR) and bolt design are where improved efficiency will most like be found but you'll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up for that.

3)Yes, Impulse threaded all around.