PDA

View Full Version : New RT owner with Porblems

kaeso
03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
First things first,
I just bought a ULE RT w/ x-valve and took it out the first weekend and I shot fine. But the next weekend...
I gassed up and screwed in my N2 tank only to find that the trigger never reset (ie there was no tension in the trigger and thus nothing would happen with a trigger pull. Undeterred I unscreweed and screwed it back in to have the RT fire once (without the trigger being pulled as I was plugging in, not unusual right??), however it continued to leak air after that and the trigger never reset. I repeated this cycle after replacing o-rings and checking out the valve only to have it leak again, this time I was able to determine it was leaking through the barrel (ie bolt). Being the only automag owner on the field nobody could help me figure out what was up so I lost that weekend. If anyone can help me figure out what is up I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Kaeso

ColdFuzion
03-15-2005, 09:30 PM
AO pride! I'm the only Magger at our field, too... Put some of yer lube in, make sure field strip and other trigger frame screw are both equally tight, and air it up. If it doesn't stop, make sure you have the right carrier in (You'll have to test on this one, all Mags use different carriers). Also, did you mess with the RT pin thingy that the trigger hits in order to make the gun shoot? If so, set it like it was before. You may have to put yer finger down the breach and recock it once.. See if any of this helps.

-Cold

chairman_mao
03-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Do you have the ULT installed? It sounds like your on/off is not resetting this happens frequently in the teething period of the ULT if you don't oil it.

1. Take the valve out of the body
2. Take the on/off out of the valve (the goldish looking square towards the back end)
3. Oil the living crap out of the on/off
4. Repeat proccess as neccessary

fifthmag
03-18-2005, 02:33 PM
It's the stone cold alright. I had the exact same problem. Coldfusion and chairman here have hit on the head; the only thing I could possibly add is that I felt a tiny bit of a stick in the on/off bottom. so after lubing it (a lot) I worked the pin (gently) through its normal action for about ten minutes after which it was a little freer. A final lube, wipe off excess reinstall and now my only problem is stay with my Y or buy a Rogue Chimaera!

I'm sure the above will sort your teething issue. And Hi to Cold, I'm the only Mag user at my field too, proud to shoot mech!

SLICEnDICE
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I used to ram a squege down the barrel causing the valve to reset it self and catch the sear. The forcing of the bolt back caused the air chamber to fill completely allowing pressure to the on/off forcing the sear to engage.

TMAXXKING1
03-20-2005, 09:05 AM
now my only problem is stay with my Y or buy a Rogue Chimaera!

tell you my opinion .... i liked the chimera frame so damn much i had to buy a second one for my project ... man all i know is i have had like 6 intelli frame's a y grip and the first gen logic frame ...

and hands down i like the rogue frame more then any of the others ...

TMAXXKING1
03-20-2005, 09:10 AM
try this for the leak ...
tune it in your warm house ..
take the carrier out of the valve slip it on the shaft see how tight it is if it seems a lil snug and not to tight take out one shim put the valve back together and see if you still have a leak ...

also use the medium size spring ....

here is a thread all about the lvl 10..
killer info on this thread,,,

it is a sticky at the top of this forum...