PDA

View Full Version : need help with getting twist lock assy out of rail

atm743
03-15-2005, 10:01 PM
ok i jest sold a centerfeed mag body on ao and i am including the twist lock thing thats in the rail. well i am having some problems getting it out.

not first off im not sure if a push it out from the bottom were the little screw is or the top part were the pin that moves up and down a little on.

i have been wacking it from the bottm cuse it looks like it comes out that way cuse the top kinda looks like there a lip around it were it rest soo i know you cant push it though that way

now i have been wacking it with a happer really hard and it wont even move a little :mad:

im pissed off right now cuse i need to ship out this body and i cant get this damn thing out of the rail!!

i think someone put like tons of lock tight on it cuse it wont move??

should i soak it in water ?? i dont know help me out thanks

Destructo6
03-15-2005, 10:45 PM
It should come out through the top of the rail. So, flip the rail over and pound on the bottom of the twistlock (setscrew side).

MonsterMag
03-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Use a pieace of wood , I used my carpeted stairs , just give it a couple of good swings. Concrete floors work also ;)

BD_Paintball
03-15-2005, 10:53 PM
mine was very hard to get out but with a few big swings from a hammer i got it out. get some WD40 and put that on it to help with lube

ultralight
03-15-2005, 11:52 PM
ok, first put some lubrication on it. this could be anything from wd-40 to marker lube. now wait for 5 minutes.
then get a vice, or if you don't have a vice set up some books or weights or whatever seems sturdy enough like this:

''''']_[''''

basically you want to support the rail on both sides of the pin assy.
then place the rail bottom up on the blocks with the pin in between them.
now hit the twist lock with your hammer.

you may want something in between the hammer and the twist lokc assy. because the hammer blows could possibly damage it.

and use common sense, if it is bending or "mushrooming" instead of mooving then stop hitting it.

good luck.

mcdkid
03-16-2005, 08:44 AM
make sure you un screw everything on the twist lock assembly. so that the pind and every thing comes out. it won't be to hard after that.

atm743
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
make sure you un screw everything on the twist lock assembly. so that the pind and every thing comes out. it won't be to hard after that.

hey i did and didnt help really

i dont think thats a good idea because i could mess up the threads soo i wont be able to screw in the screw again.

ultralight

hey i know it is starting to bend a little but not much i dont think will be messed up now. i looked at it and i stopped tring to get it out when i saw it was starting to do that mushroom thing

my father took it to his work and one of his of his office guys can get it out at a shop they have.

ill find out later today if he got it out. cuse if he couldent then im screwed :D

BD_Paintball
03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
another idea is to use a vice and put two blocks of wood so there is a space where it twist lock is so the wood does not hit it. then take something that will push the twist lock out when you tighten the vice. then just close the vice and the twist lock sould come out.

GL :headbang:

atm743
03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
another idea is to use a vice and put two blocks of wood so there is a space where it twist lock is so the wood does not hit it. then take something that will push the twist lock out when you tighten the vice. then just close the vice and the twist lock sould come out.

GL :headbang:

oo i like that idea

ill try that :D

but im afraid that i will mess up the rail like crack it or somthing cuse that pin is in there preaty good