PDA

View Full Version : bolt stick- lvl 10 or ult??

finchyo
03-16-2005, 10:07 AM
hi all,

Didn't know which thread to put this in really so i opened my own,

This is my set up at the mo:

New Tac-one
Lv10- longest spring
Snug carrier- one line on it, i have moved up one from no lines and the next one after this i think is too loose
2 shims in Lv10- from standard
285-295 fps
800 psi input (still probs at higger psi)
ULT- 7shims
Sear- 1mm from trigger

Well the problem is that when i fire the gun it will work fine sometimes but every now and then the spring will not push the bolt back fully in to place and push the sear back against the trigger (Usually when rapid fire/short stroke). What i have to do is take my hopper off and push the bolt back with my finger a few mm's until it clicks in place. I have oiled all the nessercerry parts and oil in the ASA but i think it is a carrier problem, maybe i'm wrong, but i can't think of anything else but the oring might need to be worn in as it is a new gun (put about 500 balls through it up until now). But also could it be that i have too many shims in the ULT?? Also does the tension on the field screw effect it alot? :confused:

Also my brother with his old RT is having the same problems. He has had his level 10 in it for about a year so it can't be the oring needing to be worn in. Looking in the ULT thread people are having similar problems but there seems to be no real answer. The only thing i can think of is that i need to heaverly oil the on/off each time i play but should i realy have to do this all the time.

Plan:

Put stock on/off in
No shims in lvl10
Use silver spring
Put largest carrier in that dosn't leak
Put back 2 lvl10 shims (or more until leak again??)
Put ULT on/off in with 2 shims
Add shims until problem occurs, then take one out

Is this a good plan to try and solve the problem?

I will have to experiment this week end when i get more air but dose ne1 have ne ideas??

Sorry for the long thread...

Thanks, finchyo

Dayspring
03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Set up one thing at a time. Get the level 10 completely done. Then do the ULT. You have 2 new systems in there that can give similar problems. Eliminate one variable.

finchyo
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
yeh thats what i was thinking.... also maybe i just need to let my ULT bed in or try and alter the tensions of the field screw at the back