PDA

View Full Version : Stiffi Mamba pics ?

yakitori
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
I just ordered a Red Mamba Stiffi switch kit, and I was wondering if anyone knows where some pics of one are that are on a gun.

Im just wondering what it will look like.

Thanks,

ben-afficial
03-17-2005, 12:22 PM
just go to google and enter paintball.....youll find stores and such that have lotso pics... :dance:

yakitori
03-17-2005, 02:19 PM
did that too, no luck. I actually did that before I posted this thread. I am looking for one ON the gun, not just a pic of one.

Ive found pics of a black mamba on an 05 speed, but I would like to see pics of a red one.

If nobody has seen them, I guess when I get mine, I will post them up in this thread.

yakitori
03-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I said I would, so here they are. Just got the kit today. I like it although it is a different look than the regular stiffi one pieces.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0266.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0268.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
03-22-2005, 03:51 PM
wow, lookin good bro :headbang:

PIT
03-23-2005, 06:12 PM
looks good,

I'm contemplating picking up a kit myself.
Is there any truth to the whole quietness factor with this barrel?

I've always wondered what barrel properties makes one quieter over an other.

Porting may have an effect but apart from that, I dunno.

I've also wondered why many reviewers of the PIPE kit believe they are very loud.

any ideas?

Codekevin0403
03-23-2005, 06:51 PM
I think the stiffi is quiet because of the material it's made of, but i'm not sure how, haven't really been a fan of a stiffi. (that looks hot on your gun though!!) But i think many people have said something about the front of the pipe kit to be something like "plastic" because the build quality is bad. Maybe that might tie into why the pipe kit sounds quite loud.

yakitori
03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
I think what makes this barrel quiet is the smooth finish inside, stepped bore, and the porting combined. Dont think this barrel will make your gun super quiet, unless you already have a gun that is quiet. This gun is very quiet compared to some other guns. Ppl who dont know better ask if it is a matrix. I run my LPR at 70-72psi, dwell at 12 w/ WAS, and I dont know the operating pressure, but I believe it is around 180-190 or so. Ive never checked it w/ a gauge.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about carbon fiber barrels vs. aluminum/ss/etc.

From my personal experience it has been one of the nicest for me.

ben-afficial
03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
looks good....sorry my idea didnt help

rkjunior303
03-31-2005, 01:00 PM
just remember, use a rubber squeegee only in these. voids the warranty to use a normal cloth squeegeee.

yakitori
03-31-2005, 01:19 PM
just remember, use a rubber squeegee only in these. voids the warranty to use a normal cloth squeegeee.

right now I only use the straight shot, albiet the viking doesnt need it often. I do however occasionally get a barrel break cause of crappy paint. Even that is rare.

I want to get a proflex squeegee, the pull through ones. Does anyone know a local department or sports store that might sell them.

Ive tried walmart, oshmans, and dicks, w/o any luck

ben-afficial
04-01-2005, 11:29 AM
you could always try your local proshop :dance:

yakitori
04-01-2005, 11:31 AM
you could always try your local proshop :dance:

I did, but they only have battle swabs, and a straight shot.

The next proshop is about a 30 minute drive, so I will have to wait.