errr... So today I finalized what kind of mag I want

Exile body
Strangler neck
Splinter rail
LX bolt and black X-valve
black intelliframe
15* ASA
ULT

and it came out to $600 which in my own words might be ****ing ridonkulous for a mech mag...

like I said a couple days ago I was thinking of getting a WGP VF-T Cocker which comes with a barrel for $499.00

but I chose mag for the fact I won't have to worry about timing and crap.. Now I'm wondering...

SpitFire1299
03-16-2005, 08:26 PM
By far get the automag. Ive had an autococker, ive had a few mags and ive known a lot of people with autocockers and used them.

MadPSIence
03-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Isn't a Tac-One just a R/T Pro that comes with an Intelliframe.. essentially ? :tard:

SpitFire1299
03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Thats like an add-on for more money.

gc82000
03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
No it the bodu that makes it a Tac-One, not the frame.

tippmannsniper-
03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
i have a vf-t

ive had it for over a yeay and havent had to time

you ony have to time it after 8 monthst or so and have your local shop do it

its a really great gun especially with the E2 :cool:

MadPSIence
03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Okay does the Tac have a clamping feedneck or anything? I mean it's basically an R/T with a body made for mounting crap and an intelliframe..

Where's the real difference. The specs of the custom mag I posted up there are drastically different from an R/T or Tac...

MadPSIence
03-16-2005, 08:35 PM
i have a vf-t

ive had it for over a yeay and havent had to time

you ony have to time it after 8 monthst or so and have your local shop do it

its a really great gun especially with the E2 :cool:

my only problem is I don't have a local shop so I'd have to time it myself. The closest shop is 10 hours away.

cra2y86
03-16-2005, 08:42 PM
If you buy the tac-one ($425), you can sell the body and rail and get upwards of $200 back for whatever you want. You already have an intelliframe, x-valve, barrel, lvl 10, etc.

-cra2y86

punkncat
03-16-2005, 08:48 PM
This is so much like one of the many cocker vs. mag threads.

Try a search and look through the many other responses that have already been given.....but let me leave you with this. Adjust timing on a cocker, or adjust LX on the mag....nuff said.

tippmannsniper-
03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
my tactical is anything but tactical rogue

http://www.pbvidsupload.com/upload/my%20autococker%20003.jpg

http://www.pbvidsupload.com/upload/my%20autococker%20010.jpg

MadPSIence
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
dude you would have saved so much money buying a superstock..

tippmannsniper-
03-16-2005, 09:28 PM
if i knew they were coming out with one a year and half ago :rolleyes:

and id still prefer this

hobbesTZ
03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Buy a Blazer.

Jerhew
03-16-2005, 11:27 PM
get what you want.
don't let someone else make your decisions....
which one do you really want?
get it.
there's more than enough information, pictures and opinions on mags and cockers...

ps- rogue is right...you're comparing a completely custom mag to a basically a stock mass produced cocker

JaredMeier
03-17-2005, 02:14 AM
if it will be any cocker.. get a ccm series 5 with the vert gripframe upgrade for about $415http://www.hunt101.com/img/200476.jpg

if you dont mind the simple body design, this cocker is one hell of a performing bargain. greatest mech trigger IMHO and awesome customer support. go check out the ccm owners forums to hear how much these guys rave about the quality... ccmowners (ccmowners.com)

JaredMeier
03-17-2005, 02:19 AM
plus, shooting a ccm cocker makes you a maverick of sorts. unique.

Jerhew
03-17-2005, 02:24 AM
plus, shooting a ccm cocker makes you a maverick of sorts. unique.
and he won't stand out with the custom mag?
even moreso than with any kind of cocker?
i'd take it over the vf-t though...

Skywalker
03-17-2005, 02:29 AM
$600 is too much for that mag, I don't care how upgraded it is. You can buy an E-mag for less than that.

tyrion2323
03-17-2005, 03:44 AM
CCM all the way!

Or..., my personal fav: the Omen.

MadPSIence
03-17-2005, 03:53 AM
$600 is too much for that mag, I don't care how upgraded it is. You can buy an E-mag for less than that.

well 600 is what fragtek is charging for it...

MadPSIence
03-17-2005, 04:07 AM
the CCM looks tempting.. but.. is the S-5 really better than the mag? I mean S-5 is 390 .. add bottomlines + good barrel + clamping feedneck and the prices are EQUAL.

I guess I'd like whichever will get the job done better. I have no doubt in my mind that customer service will be excellent whether I buy a mag or a ccm.

Enemy
03-17-2005, 05:13 AM
do realize that a stock emag is all stainless steel!! a stock cocker is just that a stock cocker.. the mag you listed is custom. do you know what custom is!!! custom= time on a private mill and time to be assembled. you are asking alot and only wanting to pay a little if you dont wanna pay so much buy an rt ule package im not sure but not to long ago they were on sale for just 340!!

SOAD8789
03-17-2005, 08:35 AM
my bro used to have a series five. best cocker ive ever shot. period. it was very small, way smaller than WGP cockers. The pneumatics are top-of-the-line. The S5 already comes with a barrel too. Its a 12 inch barrel that can be a kit if you buy different bore sizes. bottomline and macro is what, like 30? oh yeah, the CCM comes with an adjustable feedneck.

so to madPSIence, you dont need to add a good barrel and an adjustable feedneck to the S5. it already comes with it.

i dont like cockers though. If i were to pick, id go with mag. The series five is probably the best cocker you can get for less than 600.

tippmannsniper-
03-17-2005, 08:56 AM
ccm cockers are amazing

and ccm is known for their electric feeling mech frames

Skywalker
03-17-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm not trying to make you change your mind or anything, but I found a good deal for you on an E-mag. Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=7141896971&rd=1

There is still 3 days left, so the price will go up. I think this is a decent setup. It's got a Morlock board too!!!

tyrion2323
03-17-2005, 09:09 AM
MadPSI,

May I suggest the Evil Omen? If you're looking for an inexpensive, fast, reliable marker, it's my personal choice =)

It's easy to tune, has a great anti-chop system, and comes ready-to-go for $329 at PBGear.com. If you're even slightly interested, I'd be more than willing to tell you why I think it's a great choice.

Of course, 'mags and cockers are great choices too, this is just another suggestion.

Jacob

SOAD8789
03-17-2005, 09:14 AM
id say let him stick with his choice between the cocker and the mag. the omen has a completly different feel than both of them, and last time i owned an omen, it wasnt reliable. they are decent guns, nothing great though. the 05 bko is going to be fast, reliable, inexpensive, and will also have a great anti-chop. the proven design of the bko is much more reliable than the Omen, imo. im not saying the omen is bad, i just wouldnt recommend it.

yakitori
03-17-2005, 09:56 AM
forget them both and get a used viking w/ eyes.

ben-afficial
03-17-2005, 12:12 PM
the guy asked about a mag or cocker....and half the people here are trying to sale him somethin he didnt ask about :dance:

JaredMeier
03-17-2005, 12:21 PM
if it were between a series 5 and a custom mag.. i would say that both have their own little quirks. I am trying to make the same decision as you.. exept that I dont really have the money for either right now. you would probably be happy with either one, just as long as you give yourself the time to get to know how to maintain them. a cocker can seem daunting until you learn the pnuematics and timing. since I am leaning towards another mag for my next purchase.. i will recommend the mag.

Jerhew
03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
the guy asked about a mag or cocker....and half the people here are trying to sale him somethin he didnt ask about :dance:
yep.

try to get your hands on guns similiar if not exactly what you're looking into...
see if you can try them out...
and don't compare a lvl 7 classic mag to a ult ule rtp...there is virtually no similarity other than size...weight...balance.....trigger pull...severely different
however(and ill probably get strung up for this one)...most hinge cockers are relatively similiar in weight...feel... trigger...etc

i tried, but never got into the feel or trigger on autocockers...
the ult is like butter though :)

Codekevin0403
03-21-2005, 12:06 PM
i'm not sure if anyones said this yet...

But if you got 600 bucks, why not shell out 39 more and buy one of those new 05 superstocks. They look like they have E2's too! I think that's the best way to go if you're looking for a gun in that price range.

JaredMeier
03-21-2005, 01:01 PM
the CCM looks tempting.. but.. is the S-5 really better than the mag? I mean S-5 is 390 .. add bottomlines + good barrel + clamping feedneck and the prices are EQUAL.

I dont know if it is better, it really comes down to personal preference. The series 5 comes with a pretty decent barrel.. you wouldnt necessarily have to upgrade right away. it also comes with a locking feedneck. either way.. wouldnt you have to also add a barrel to the mag? so imo you are still paying less. but the slight difference in price wont matter if you later are kicking yourself for not buying the mag. so thing about which one you will enjoy shooting with more.

zeroack
03-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I own both...
http://www.hamilton.net/~tron/junk/svmine.jpg

I love my SV and mag both for different reason's. My mag is very small(no pics yet but soon) and light. My SV is very accurate and cosistent. How ever if your going bang for the buck...I know a place where you can pick up a SV brand new for less then $350 but that's with out drop and asa.

I've spent a good chunk of money on my mag and right now I'm trying to get it running. The Xvalve is giving me fits. I think the on/off is a little stiff.

When it comes down to it...go with what you feel more comfortable with. For me I can shoot both...so I do.(not at the same time)

Zero

93civiccpe
03-24-2005, 07:24 AM
www.cockertech.com... a college kid who has an excellent video on how to time an autococker along with tons of other technical help. Shows how simple it is to time an autococker if you understand what you are doing.