PDA

View Full Version : A couple e-mag questions

Mr.Grimm
03-17-2005, 04:20 AM
I have a set of e-mag lowers en-route, and was wondering what all is entailed in getting up and running. I'v had/have several mech mags, but never any experience with e-mags. My plan was to use my mech mag as a platform until i get around to getting a karta and a second valve..., so here are a couple quick questions for you guys.

First off i was wondering about the e-mag sear assembly, is it the same as say an rt pro sear assembly? Right now i'm running and x-valve with ult, will i be able to use the same sear assembly or will i need a specific e-mag assembly?

second question was about the rail, does the only issue with running a non e-mag rail (currently have an alpha rail on my mech mag) lie in the mounting of the battery pack? I was going to contact Big'N Slo about one of his classic rail battery pack adaptors, but i was just wondering if there were any other issues i need to take into consideration?

I think those those were theonly questionable area that came to mind, but if there is anything else I'm overlooking, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Later
Doug

Enemy
03-17-2005, 05:48 AM
the sear will come with the lowers or atleast should!

you will need to replace the on/off to a quad oring and a emag on/off i think its .712 but there is a thread that is stickied with all the info there!! your rt rail should work no problem as the grip frame actually houses the mounting bracket for the battery. its literally a bolt on porject have fun!!

Tunaman
03-17-2005, 06:30 AM
No. The rail wont work on an Emag. The Alpha rail uses the AM/MM sear and pin. You need to use an RT Pro or Emag rail and sear pin. ;)

Mr.Grimm
03-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok. thanks for the info guys, do i still need a battery pack adaptor with an r/t pro rail, or is it built to the same specs as an e-mag rail?

Later
Doug

Big'n slo
03-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Doug, no adapter is needed with the RT pro rail as long as your using emag lowers

Link44
03-17-2005, 05:34 PM
but if u use an RT pro rail, i think u need to punch out the hole for the batterypack. how would u punch it out anyways? just something to put in the hole and a hammer? i'm just curious.

Chris Nearchos
03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
iam just wondering, why cant you use a classic rail (alpha rail) on a emag? i only ask this because iam about to build up a emag and i was planning on using a alpha rail (because of the looks). i just dont want to be stuck with a plain stock emag rail.
thanks ahead of time,
chris

Boydster
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
The Emag only accepts Emag sears, and emag sears are built like RT Pro sears which mount on the rail differently than Classic sears.

The battery pack does not mount on the rail on an emag. The Grip frame has a rail, much like an ASA rail, on the front end of the trigger guard that the battery pack slides on to.

Chris Nearchos
04-01-2005, 08:49 AM
The Emag only accepts Emag sears, and emag sears are built like RT Pro sears which mount on the rail differently than Classic sears.

so i was thinking right. there is nothing wrong with the rail it self, just sear setup. cool, now all i got to do is figure out how i can get a emag sear into a classic rail.
thanks for your help guys,
chris

Boydster
04-01-2005, 05:47 PM
You can punch out the sear bushing and a Classic sear pin will fit through. Or you can drill it big enough if it doesn't.

athomas
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
The emag sear bushing is too wide for the standard rail. You would have to file the bushing flat to the sear and drill the hole out to the correct size to accept the standard sear pin.

Boydster
04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Idk but, is it possible to just punch the bushing out? Is it removable? And if it is, is the hole left there the correct size?

athomas
04-02-2005, 09:37 AM
No, the hole will be too large.

Get a micro-emag sear and drill the hole out. It already has the bushing cut down.