PDA

View Full Version : AGD going underor being bought out

halfbreed
03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
I havent been around the forums much lately,is one the best companys going down or being bought out ,and who is running the agd now ,sent tom and jon are both leaving .Is agd going ot be arounf for another 5 years are is it going to go out with the spread of electric markers ramping around.

I love my mag in all it mechanical luster and would hate not see them on the web and at the fields i play at .

Hopefuly some one tell me some info.

Restola
03-17-2005, 12:39 PM
I haven't been paying attention to the paintball side of ao for a while.

Anyone have links to Tom leaving(?), or want to summarize it?

Dayspring
03-17-2005, 12:42 PM
To all my friends on AO and in Paintball,

It has been no secret that AGD has been under financial stress for many years. With the recent downturn in the industry it no longer makes sense for me and my family to pursue a living from this great game. Effective today I will be retiring and moving on to other business ventures outside paintball.

Dave Zupan who many of you know as my vice president, has bought out our inventory and will be taking over running the company. For most people AGD will still be in business as usual and you will still be able to call and order product. Please give him the same respect and feedback you have given me for so many years.

It has been a privilege to watch an industry grow from a spark into a raging fire that covered the world. I am proud to have contributed in my small way. Most of all I was glad to know the people of paintball, especially my customers. AO has been my constant companion for years now and I never expected all the benefits, joys and sorrows that came from knowing you all.

I will still continue to promote and participate in the Shatner event but its unlikely that I will be attending any other events during the year. I certainly didn’t think it would end like this but I am the last of a long gone group of paintball founders that are not around any more.

I sincerely hope that paintball gets past its recent flurry of issues and comes together as the great game and industry we all know it can be. To all of the players I want you to remember that its YOU who control this game and this industry. Treat it wisely and vote with your dollars so your kids can play along side you some day.

I will answer questions in this thread, please start another one for general comments and I will sticky it.

Thank you all for being the greatest customers and friends that a guy could wish for!!

Tom Kaye AGD

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160739

TERRY AGD
03-17-2005, 12:59 PM
no agd is not goin under,,we are doin the booth at the madness in april in huntington wv,so unless you hear it from zupan the new boss agd will be around for a while ,i think it was said 5yrs ago agd was goin out, but we are still here ,

MedicDVG
03-17-2005, 01:28 PM
no agd is not goin under,,we are doin the booth at the madness in april in huntington wv,so unless you hear it from zupan the new boss agd will be around for a while ,i think it was said 5yrs ago agd was goin out, but we are still here ,
Truth... I remember hearing that AGD was a "nowhere" company 5 years or so ago and that they would soon be in chap 11.. Last I checked, mags are still around...

Lohman446
03-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I have no basis for knowing AGDs continued success or removal from the marketplace. However, that being said, one cannot help but wonder considering TK's leaving, one of the long term office help, and now Jon. Unfortunately AGD has always been reasonably transparent and this looks to be like a brain drain from the company to the public- nothing against anyone else working there at this point, like I said you are likely the only people with enough information to know. The rumors are bound to be fired, and as others have pointed out it looks a lot like many business models that are designed as a quiet and gradual liquidation.

I do not know what I think is happening with AGD. I have thought about it for some time and I see the valid points that there may be issues resulting in its stepping away from paintball. However, I also see positive signs that contradict these. In the end it really is not as major concern to me as it is to like.. Zupe. Who with all the information seems to indicate AGD will be around for some time.

ben-afficial
03-18-2005, 11:30 AM
im glad there not going away, i love my mag very much so and im to lazy to try and even think about tuning a cocker. :dance:

Target Practice
03-18-2005, 11:44 AM
You know, I wouldn't be as up in the air as I am if Zupe would just make a post every once and a while, letting us know he's still working. I'm not saying he needs to tell us exactly what he's doing, but hell, tell us he's doing SOMETHING.

Anyhoo, it's kinda hard going from a boss who would open up his coolbox and show us the newest stuff, and who would actually post on his forums. I know Zupe's probably pretty damn busy, but does that mean he can keep his forums (read as "dedicated customer base") in the dark?

Muzikman
03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes it does. Goes WGP tell it's customers everything that goes of in the day to day operations?

Target Practice
03-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Yes it does. Goes WGP tell it's customers everything that goes of in the day to day operations?

That's what I'm saying. I'm not asking him to give us the low down on the newest projects. He's invisible. If he came on and told me what the weather was like in Wheeling, I'd be happy.

Okay, so don't say anyting about the business, I'll learn to deal with that. But say something.

I also remember what Tom said. He had over 5000 posts showing that he cared. Call me insecure, but I miss that.

PsychoBaller
03-18-2005, 12:38 PM
No more T and A ?? heh, I mean T and J... (tom / jon)...

I guess this is my chance to switch back over to the WGP side without being persecuted by the highest officials :hail: , :dance: haha.. jk. But seriously, it sux that they be bowing out. Well, Jons just gonna be lazier and werk less, but still sux.

Not that I've played recently, but maybe I'll stop playing paintball entirely, move to some secluded island, or find a cave and dediate my life to making ships in bottles... i mean, wuts the point if u dont have the coolest guys in the industry to hang out with anymore? :(

-da "im a saaaadddd panda" baller