PDA

View Full Version : air effeciency

txaggie08
03-17-2005, 03:47 PM
ok, First off, absolutley love my xvalve/ult :). shot one it for the very first time yesterday. however, the little sucker is using WAY to much air. im fixing to go electro, so i think im gonna ditch my ult. im also gonna ditch the lvl10 in favor of an eye(going to use predator board)

will this improve air effeciency? its bad enough right now im thinkin i may have to get something a little mor gas effecient to play with on a regular basis and save the mag to goof around with.......... :confused: . My old classic wasnt this bad of a gas hog, so im hopin its the lvl10 and ult makin it suck gas so much

Chronobreak
03-17-2005, 10:42 PM
lvl7 wil help a tad.

also dryfiring uses more air then actual shots.

i would say fill the tank FULL w/paint count the shots.

also depending what your velocity is you might be able to gain a few more shots if you lower it.

txaggie08
03-18-2005, 12:22 PM
alright. i thought about the dry firing thing after i posted. it did get about 200+ shots and only knocked 800psi off my tank when we ran paint yesterday. thats not great but its acceptable

Paintmanmike
03-18-2005, 03:33 PM
MTCW - I do not beleive Lvl 10 is a gas hog once its properly dialed in. I used to have that issue but since I've got mine really set up nice I think I'm actually gettting better performance than I used to get at Lvl 7. I know there should be some toll theoretically but it should be small. If your really using up the bottle quickly my guess is that you have not found the right set up yet.

txaggie08
03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
i actualy dont have anything but what came installed on the valve. i bought it already assembled :( i may try to pick up some more parts

Enemy
03-18-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah dry firing drains the tank faster than all get out!! and the fact that mags stop working at 1k doesnt help!!

fyi you will need to keep the ult if you go electro unless you get an emag frame in which case you will have to ditch it!

txaggie08
03-18-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah dry firing drains the tank faster than all get out!! and the fact that mags stop working at 1k doesnt help!!

fyi you will need to keep the ult if you go electro unless you get an emag frame in which case you will have to ditch it!

nope itll be electro pneumatic(same thing the electrician and phish is running, except with a solenoid actuating the three way. SHOULDNT need to ditch the ult