PDA

View Full Version : x-valve leak out small hole at side of unit.

vmanvman
03-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I just bought the whole x-valve setup . What I underrstand is that all I have to do is put iit in and it is ready to go?? When I hook up the air it leaks out a small hoke in the side of the valve. I have pulled trigger about 500 times ( because someone said I needed to seat a washer or somthing?) The guns shoots but leaks air out the small hole, I did not chrono it yet?

I also tried to turn up and down the velocity.

Thanks in advance.......

Baby Huey
03-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey. Thats pretty funny. Got my Mag today and air is leaking out of the small hole in the side of the x-valve. What is the best way of breaking these in, dry fire or with paint? How many shots? Thanks.

kevdupuis
03-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Air is leaking past the regulator piston o-ring. Try putting some oil in the asa about 5-6 drops, (a little extra oil to make sure everythings lubed doesn't hurt) and dry fire it 20 -30 times should do it. If it still doesn't seal then there might be a piece of dirt or something preventing the o-ring from sealing, in which case degas the marker, unscrew the reg nut and pull the piston, wipe it down, check the oring and where it slides inside the valve, relube it, put it back together and try cycling the marker while slowly turning the velocity nut in.

Breaking in a x-valve and lvl 10 usually requires 2 tanks of air and plenty of lube.

Tunaman
03-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Its not the reg piston orings...its the reg PIN orings. The probably need to be lubed up. ;)

vmanvman
03-19-2005, 11:43 AM
OK, went through on suba tank of air, still the same leak. If this x valve broke? or do i still need to break it in more?? I would think for $240 the thing would not leak. Break in or not!!

richie
03-19-2005, 12:28 PM
My friends was leaking out the hole so I removed the valve,unscrewed the two halves of the valve and found a small piece of brass down in there.wiped it out,dropped some oil in it and reassembled the two valve halves and shot it.Solved the problem on his X valve.Good luck

vmanvman
03-19-2005, 12:59 PM
First I would like to thank those of you who have tried to help me.

I have taken the Xvalve apart over 12 times, cleaned it, lubed it, and ran two scuba tanks of air
through it! IT was sent to me with a leak and for $240 they can have this one back. I would expect to set the gun up on a chrono but this problem is a joke! I will call AGD on Monday and ask them and if i get the run around back it goes!!!!! :mad:

Baby Huey
03-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Hey. My leak is gone. Removed the x-valve from gun, seperated two parts, used paperclip to pull out pin, cleaned the o-rings (the 2 at the end with the plastic piece in the middle) with my finger nail. Cleaned out where the pin goes w/ q-tip. Dumped a ton of lube on everything, put back together, no leak (thanks rogue). Good luck.

dj89
03-19-2005, 05:59 PM

I have taken the Xvalve apart over 12 times, cleaned it, lubed it, and ran two scuba tanks of air
through it! IT was sent to me with a leak and for $240 they can have this one back. I would expect to set the gun up on a chrono but this problem is a joke! I will call AGD on Monday and ask them and if i get the run around back it goes!!!!! :mad:

If its that bad send it to me, I'll get it working.

vmanvman
03-19-2005, 08:21 PM
You can have it for $240!! I expect things to work for that kind of money, and I don't mean adjusting the trigger pull or chrono of the gun. It should not leave ADG with a leak that is washers or oil. I expect more from ADG!

11_Mile_TMaster
03-19-2005, 08:40 PM
You can have it for $240!! I expect things to work for that kind of money, and I don't mean adjusting the trigger pull or chrono of the gun. It should not leave ADG with a leak that is washers or oil. I expect more from ADG!

Oil can dry, man... and any particle of dust getting in the reg pin set can cause these sorts of issues.

CKY_Alliance
03-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Have you set up your lvlX yet. mine leaked out the side and i changed carriers and it quit.

dj89
03-19-2005, 10:46 PM

Whats "ADG"?

AGDMAN
03-20-2005, 11:37 AM
air dun gesigns duh

jewie27
03-21-2005, 01:40 AM

There is no run around with AGD. My X-Valve is about a year old, I just lube it and it works.