automikey
03-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Get ready for the "Quest" in 2 weeks.

Jerhew
03-18-2005, 08:49 PM
and im getting ready to defend the castle in 6 weeks :D

Carbon
03-18-2005, 10:19 PM
mother of god. i love urban type settings. Though its looks cool and full oddly shaped obstacles, i kanda wish they aren't all barrels.

MagManULE
03-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Nice job on the "collage", I cant wait for castle ill probably be defending this time.

automikey
03-18-2005, 10:31 PM
"Quest" will be my first time at EMR, but me & my little woods/scenario team will probably go back for the castle conquest.

Should we hope to attack or defend for our first time there?

Anybody want to describe a typical day at EMR?

Will I have to walk far for air and paint refills? Can I come back to my car frequently/easily to reload, get food from the cooler, etc.?

Yogster
03-18-2005, 11:44 PM
This looks like a fun place to play

Jerhew
03-19-2005, 12:15 AM
"Quest" will be my first time at EMR, but me & my little woods/scenario team will probably go back for the castle conquest.

Should we hope to attack or defend for our first time there?

Anybody want to describe a typical day at EMR?

Will I have to walk far for air and paint refills? Can I come back to my car frequently/easily to reload, get food from the cooler, etc.?

as a veteran of 7...going on 8 times at castle conquest...and second time defending....
here's what i can say

i'd suggest attacking for your first time...
you'll use much less paint...and there probably aren't many defend spots left...as ccq is 4 to 1 odds
that said...attacking and defending are both an incredible rush
storming the wall and hoping not to get shot on the way...
then rushing through the door
it's indescribable

a typical day at EMR...
for my team anyway...
we plan to get there friday afternoon, get settled in and have some dinner...
we always stay in a bunkhouse...imagine a large toolshed with build in shelves for bunks, it's not that bad really, and i prefer it to sleeping in a damp tent(though that is also an option)bring something soft to lay on...bedroll, etc
we bring plenty of beer and lots of good food...EMR is like paintball camp to me...

saturday morning...(attacking)get up early, get registered if you havent already, get your air and paint, if you havent already and chrono in(this tends to take awhile for 1000+ people)
the head ref will give a rules and safety speech, then its time to play
(defending)get up even earlier, get paint air etc, as above, and head straight for the castle, your deadzone is inside the castle and so is the chrono for you, safety meeting etc

from the (attacking)deadzone/insertion area the castle is a short walk/uphill climb
which you will undoubtedly do under fire, and do many times that day
when you get shot out, you can go back to the deadzone and reinsert every 15minutes on the hour. but you don't have to...
you're free to go get some lunch...get air and paint...take a breather....etc
and you can come back whenever you want, chrono and reinsert on the next insertion time
as far as how far away it is to get fills, paint...get back to your car... well, it's really not that far, but you'll definitely be doing a bit of walking; though it never really bothered me.

anyway
after the main castle game, depending on how long it takes, they usually throw together a second castle game, followed by basically free play for a few hours, again, depending on time. Then they usually run a few night games for anyone that's interested, under the lights.

Usually we skip the night games and have a big bbq and drink...a lot :)
there's always a big bonfire saturday night...and theres always a band at the rec hall...as well as food...beerpong...
good times.
everyone is extremely friendly and we always have an absolute blast

sunday, we drag our sorry butts back out of the bunk and go play some more games...
the castle is fun, but in my opinion, their other fields are even better...and anyone who leaves without playing sunday is missing out on half the fun!
the ghost town is always a blast...the little castle is surprisingly exciting...the rats nest...the firebase...and i havent even played in the new fort yet!

any other questions...feel free to ask
as far as quest...i've always heard it's a great time too, though i haven't ever gone...I imagine you can expect a lot of the same...of course the game itself is a lot different, not as high paced from what i hear

ps
can you tell im excited
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

"Hewett"
Riverside Regiment

automikey
03-19-2005, 01:23 AM
Thanks for all the info, it's a huge help and just what I wanted to know. I'm only 80 miles north of EMR so we'll be driving. But now I know to stay longer.

and im getting ready to defend the castle in 6 weeks :D

Jerhew
03-19-2005, 04:01 AM
ugh
LUCKY

we have to make the 4 1/2 hour drive from Buffalo...
and it's still well worth it :D