PDA

View Full Version : New magger needs advice

ICP
03-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok, so I'm new to the mag world and traded for a classic with dye 2 finger, and 16" AA. After reading for weeks on here about upgrades and everything I can find about mags, I am in a slight dilema.

I want a ULE/xvalve setup. Ule body, ULT,X valve, and keep my frame and get a new barrel.

Is it worth upgrading a little at a time, or would it be better to try and sell my current mag then buy a RT custom with what I want. Of course if I just had money laying around I would do the latter. And with paintball season coming up for me, I would rather not be without my mag.

Right now I have about $130 and can get the ULE body(and scrape up some cash for a barrel) and then save money and get the xvalve trade in progam deal.

I know ultimately it's up to me (and the wife of course),but just wanted to get a few idea's from anyone that's been in this situation. Thanx in advance.

EDIT. If i upgrade a rail to like a alpha or one of rogue's rails, would I need to get an RT Pro sear or just use the classic one I have now?

p8ntball365
03-18-2005, 10:26 PM
I think this is what you need.

To keep the one you have now and upgrade:
X-Valve-$225
ULT-$47
Barrel- ~40?
this equals=$312

To buy a ule custom:
The base is: $340
another $19 for U.L.T.
and $10 for the ULE body
this = $369.
That is w/o barrel keep in mind^^
A difference of $57. I would buy the ULE custom.

Wait, are you saying keep the mag you have now, and buy one of these once the money appears. Or saying sell the mag you have now, and putting that towards a ULE Custom? Either way to buy the ULE Custom seems a better deal because you will be getting, another rail, VA, Foregrip etc. etc.

p8ntball365
03-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh and yes you will need an RT Pro sear/pin. These were designed for higher rates of fire. I own a shadow rail and I like it. Choose which one you like.

ICP
03-18-2005, 10:30 PM
The only way I can purchase the Custom would be to sell my current mag(including trigger fram, then I would have to get an intelli). Unless of course I win the lottery or something :rofl:

p8ntball365
03-18-2005, 10:31 PM
I know the feeling, what do you think your'e gonna go with?

ICP
03-18-2005, 10:37 PM
At this point I'm leaning more toward just upgrading. This way I can use the mag ALL season. Of course my old 68 carbine needs a workout ;) Really depends on how ancy I get with spendig the cash before the wife finds it. And wants to get something unnecessary like food or clothes. :D

p8ntball365
03-18-2005, 10:38 PM
you can always buy the parts from me, i got what you need. :headbang:
must...have.....trix

j.storm
03-18-2005, 10:49 PM
i've upgraded slowely since 1995. I went from a stock minimag, to a black body, benchmark dbl trigger frame, intelliframe, ule body, x valve, ult, chimera frame....in that order. I enjoyed upgrading over time and taking said time to learn about all my new parts. Of course, it's more expensive that way...... :rolleyes:

ICP
03-19-2005, 11:54 AM
you can always buy the parts from me, i got what you need. :headbang:
must...have.....trix

If your wanting to part it out, PM me some prices

p8ntball365
03-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Id be more than happy to part it out. Ill pm you in a little bit.

ICP
03-19-2005, 08:42 PM
sounds good. Right now I'm leaning towards getting the warp body/warp feed deal and just selling the warp feed. Because I think I want a WR body for my Qloader. But I'll gladly look at your stuff, it could just be a better deal.

p8ntball365
03-19-2005, 08:52 PM
sounds good, warp and qloader are awesome. Let me know if you can get the X sooner, cause i need the money.

ICP
03-19-2005, 08:59 PM
will let you know as soon as possible. I want it, just as bad as you wanna sell it.

p8ntball365
03-19-2005, 09:00 PM
k, do you have anymore questions?