PDA

View Full Version : Emag, screw by LED screen, Problem???

KillingMe
03-19-2005, 04:27 PM
For the first time in two years I've had this problem. My emag doesn't work unless I play around with the screw inside the grip frame that holds down the board. It's the screw right above the LED screen. Sometimes when I loosen or tighten it up, the screw, the emag will work for awhile and then shuts off again until I again play around with the screw. What is wrong, I looked into the hole of the board or the frame of where the screw goes into, from both sides. but there's nothing wrong. It's not black or burnt or anything it's just at its regular color, silver. Plus after when the gun is activated and then when I shoot a couple of rounds, the solenoid begins to heat up and then it gets really hot and then that's when the guns shuts off and doesn't come back on until that particular screw is played with. Please help me out.

legion_02
03-19-2005, 04:53 PM
It sounds like the threads under the board weren't tapped properly after the frame was annoed. I think agd will usually fix that if the anno is origonal.

KillingMe
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Should I send in the gun to AGD so that they can fix it or is there another way I can repair it myself? Or maybe there's another problem then just the threading because the solenoid begins to heat up when the gun is activated. Before, it was my battery that would heat up because of this problem but now, it's been the solenoid. And playing around with the screw is still a big hussle. It's wierd, these guns somewhat different...

athomas
03-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Annodize and oxidization over time can cause a bad ground connection at this screw hole. Clean the threads out in the screw hole. Running a tap in is the best method. A tiny wire brush will work if you have nothing else. Sand the top of the post off where it makes contact with the board. These steps will ensure a good ground connection and you shouldn't have any more problems.