PDA

View Full Version : ?? Anodizing ??

bushmasterm16a2
03-19-2005, 10:00 PM
I am thinking about re-anodizing my gun. I noticed that Dye DM5 "dust" finish still has a gleem to it and so does WDP's but when I go to an aftermarket anodizers website their "dust" version looks matte, I mean matte matte, No shine at all. Does anybody know why the difference? Does anybody know of a company that does the "dust" finish without looking like a matte one?

cra2y86
03-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Maybe the DM5 "dust" is really satin?

-cra2y86

slade
03-20-2005, 11:44 AM
i think theres no actual difference in the anodizing process between a "gloss" finish and a "dust" one, its just how well the part is polished before being ano'd. so my guess would be that the difference between the two "dust" finishes is just how well the piece is polished. i think dm4s are bead blasted with fine grit probably, so they might have a slight shine to them. an anodizer probably bead blasts the piece with a heavier grit before anodizing, giving it less of a shine.

RRfireblade
03-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Basically thats it. It's how the piece is dusted prior to anno.Everyone (it seems) has thier own particular way of doing it but generally the finer the blasting material the more 'satin' it will come out and the courser the material the more 'matte'.

You just have to specify the texture you really wnat and see if they will blast it to suit your needs.

peewee
03-21-2005, 09:06 AM
If you want the skinny look up Crazy Ivan over at pbreview. He's an old time baller that does hands down some of the best anno out there.