PDA

View Full Version : cell phone internal antenna?

wyn1370
11-19-2001, 12:49 PM
Anybody using one of these. I got a new cell phone and it came with one. So being the smart guy I am, I put the antenna in and didn't try out the phone first. Has anybody used one and had a good experience, or are they worthless?

Army
11-19-2001, 03:20 PM
Since it isn't attached to the actual antennae, there is no way it will allow more signal to pass.

Those silly teardrop shaped antennae tips they say were "top secret military signal booster technology"? LOL, the "hi-tech copper disc" inside them is nothing more than a push nut so it will stay on the antennae. The military uses those not to boost any signal (it can't), but to cover the pointy tip of the antennae so as to not poke you in the eye! It is nothing but a plastic safety bulb.

Save your money, get a quality phone that has a reputation of getting weak signals to work.:cool:

wyn1370
11-19-2001, 03:26 PM
Problem is I've got the phone already and put the atenna in. Now I'm thinking it might be doing more damage than good. But I figured I'd see if anybody else had heard anything about them.

bornl33t
11-19-2001, 04:58 PM
what model phone do you have? I have a friend that works for US cellular a analog/digital service provider. He's taught me to service every phone that nokia makes along with tricks and stuff to help with connectivity. I have a 8260 Nokia and it has a " built in" antenna. There's no knob or anything on the top of the phone. When I take the antenna out I definatly have problems.

wyn1370
11-19-2001, 05:13 PM
It's a touchpoint 5200 so it has it's own external antenna. I'm talking about one of those aftermarket atennas that you stick behind the battery. I'm thinking it's screwing with my speaker, but I'm not sure since I've never used the phone without it.

Restola
11-20-2001, 11:42 AM
from what i have learned about TV ads you have to listen for what they DONT say. on every one of those commercials it says "cell phones", and if i understand correctly digital signals are not the same as "cellular". my area (NE ohio) is basicly completely digital, i havent been on a cellular signal for a couple years i think. my phones tells me which im on, and it always says digital. if its free use it, i wouldnt spend $19.99 + $5.95 S+H and get the second one at half price!