PDA

View Full Version : Working on a Cruise Ship

Will Wood
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Anyone ever done this? I've always thought it would be fun and a good experience to do something like this, and at lunch today I was talking to a guy who did it last summer.

Anyone been on a Cruise and can maybe point out the better cruise lines that I might want to pick out? I'm completely clueless as to were I even want to begin with this.

MedicDVG
03-20-2005, 06:37 PM
You had better speak portugese or spanish as that is the most common of the languages spoken by the staff... Unless you get one of the better high end staff positions, you are sardined into a bunkroom with 5 other people, have no privacy, and you work like a dog. I don't think that it is glamorous at all, but then again, I have never seen the attraction to be on a big expensive floating hotel in the first place.

Will Wood
03-20-2005, 06:38 PM
No living expensive, crapload of hours, semi decent pay.
I'm gonna try to land a job on one as a bartender. That would be nice if I could do that so I wouldn't have to be a deckboy or something.

SlipknotX556
03-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Actually most of the staff on my cruise ship were from like Finland, Denmark, Germany. There english was pretty good, I wouldnt like it though you work your butt off on a cruise ship.

CasingBill
03-20-2005, 08:34 PM
No living expensive, crapload of hours, semi decent pay.
I'm gonna try to land a job on one as a bartender. That would be nice if I could do that so I wouldn't have to be a deckboy or something.

Bartender???...Whats Isaac gonna do?

Bear_Claw
03-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I actually wanted to get in to ship mehcanixs and basically be like the engine babysitter on a cruise ship lol. Its hard work and you sepend alot of time away from home but the pay is awsome and Well you just dont get mutch bigger and engine that that lol.

PyRo
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Seems like fun but I bet it would suck. I hear they make you walk the plank for initiation too.