PDA

View Full Version : AKA Information

Duzzy
03-20-2005, 05:53 PM
So I just bought a used Excalibur from DBN Paintball, probably shouldn't have but I did. At least I think I did, I have gotten money sent confirmation but no order status confirmation. Anyways, I did a search on PBN (even joined to do it) in the AKA Forum, and did a search on here but I am not getting any good (relevant) results. I am looking for FAQ, Most Common Problems, and Maintenance Info. Any ideas for search terms other than AKA and Excalibur? Thanks in advance for any help.

*Edit

Just found this one:

Excalibur Disassembly and Cleaning (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=855411&highlight=%2Bexcalibur)

Any others that are worthwhile?

WenULiVeUdiE
03-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Excalibur's are extremely reliable. Maintainence is just a few drops of oil in the asa each time you play.

Duzzy
03-20-2005, 06:12 PM
That's what I have heard, unfortunately I know I will take the gun apart and mess it up multiple times, I have no mechanical inclination but I am very curious... So it will be an adventure to say the least. Hopefully I don't scratch this marker with a wrench that slips. Anyways, thanks.

Target Practice
03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
There should be a bunch of stickies in the AKA forum on PBN. It's a whole 'nother subforum, I believe.

Duzzy
03-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Just found those, new to PBN so I didn't see them for a while. Thanks though.

GT
03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I wouldnt mess with it if I were. BTW you will need a tool kit to real get into the internals.

rkjunior303
03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
exactly..

I would post over on the AKA PBN forums.... A couple Master Tech's post there, including Dan Voils -- of DBN Paintball. I just bought an EBladed 2004 Merlin off of him myself. He is a great guy and always willing to help.

JoshK
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
That's what I have heard, unfortunately I know I will take the gun apart and mess it up multiple times, I have no mechanical inclination but I am very curious... So it will be an adventure to say the least. Hopefully I don't scratch this marker with a wrench that slips. Anyways, thanks.

HAHA!!! LOL!!! Thats just like me...you could ask REDRT when i was trying to put my new body on...i really suck at mechanical things, but i love to take them apart. Paintball is not the practical sport for me :rofl:

68magOwner
03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
whatever you do, do NOT touch the lpr unless you have a toolkit, other than that, most excal problems i have seen have just been with not having the right electronic settings, or not having a fresh battery. I am a tinker'er as well, and its hard not to screw up my viking, do yourself a favor and find a cheap cocker to mess with (what i did) it will save you alot of agrivation and money by keeping the excal working

yakitori
03-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Im glad you like that PBN post about cleaning the excal. ;) luckily those pics were saved by someone who emailed them to me. And they are a tremendous help.

I doubt that you will have problems w/ the excal. Plus if you ever do, just send it in to AKA and they will fix it for free, unless its a noid or a board issue.

few drops of oil is all you will need as far as maintainance goes. Dont go taking your gun apart because you are curious. If it aint broke dont fix it....there is truth to that. That being said, if you plan on doing your own maintainance, Id suggest you buy an Oring kit from Cdairman on PBN in the BST forums just to have them in case. As well as a tool kit.

You will love the excal Im sure. I love my viking, and I would like to shoot an excal someday.

AKA guns kick butt as you will see.

Duzzy
03-20-2005, 08:24 PM
HAHA!!! LOL!!! Thats just like me...you could ask REDRT when i was trying to put my new body on...i really suck at mechanical things, but i love to take them apart. Paintball is not the practical sport for me :rofl:

I know how that goes... Never had that particular problem, but I blew out the LPR in my Bushy 3 hours after I had bought it, took it apart and somehow cat hair got in the internals... Velocity went all over the place. Store owner finally got so tired of fixing it for free (he warranties guns he sells) that he set it up for me, told me not to touch anything but the LPR and to mess with that only to adjust the velocity. Guess how long that lasted... And I wondered why I no longer have that Bushy... I know the feeling though.

Thanks for all the help.

Bartman
03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey Duzzy,

If you have any questions, I can probaly answer them for you , just drop me a line or a PM and I will answer then as soon as I can.

Bart
AKA master tech

Duzzy
03-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey Duzzy,

If you have any questions, I can probaly answer them for you , just drop me a line or a PM and I will answer then as soon as I can.

Bart
AKA master tech

Now that is customer service right there.

Just FYI I did buy a cheap cocker to mess with, but it will only keep the Excal out of the water for so long...

Bart I appreciate the offer, but when I ask questions I ask alot, so be prepared... :eek:

Thanks though.

CrawforDry
03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
I've broken my excalibur quite a few times, but I always get it working shortly with some simple answer from the pbn aka forums. Thats the only forum on pbn worth anything. You won't be dissappointed in that gun. You might want to get a link cable that way you can play with the bolt timings and see how fast you can get her going thats always fun =P