PDA

View Full Version : AO, need you input for my pump project.

Creative Mayhem
03-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I usually have no problem with getting everything straight in my mind, and as most of you know I am working on a Classic RT pump project. I need your ideas/input.

What I would like to do is keep it looking as much like the Classic RT as possible. This is what I have planned so far:

- have the rail milled for a pump slot

- cut tha back of the RT body off to accomodate a classic ss valve(co2 compatibility)

- have a hardline made to keep the appearance of the Classic RT

- change the drop to some sort of rail or mini drop

- have grips, forgrip, and pump handle made with the same basic design, to tie it all together

My dilema is, I don't know what to do for a pump handle design. BradAGD is making one from scratch, and there are soo many options, I CAN'T DECIDE!

Some suggestions so far have been

- use the forgrip as tactical style handle(I would like to leave the forgrip as is for now, although I may have a block made to give the look a shot)

- some sort of undercocking handle(but what shape? I want it to be different)

- use another forgrip mounted horizontally in front of the forgrip

Is there any other ideas out there? I am at an impass, there are soo many ideas, I just can't think of/decide on one.

http://www.creativemayhem.com/DSCF0270%20(Medium).JPG

rkjunior303
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I say do the pump handle built into the foregrip... I would have it run through a slot cut in the Foregrip bracket... Keep that RT Pro look but secret squirrel like -- you won't realize it's a pump unless you grab it.

chairman_mao
03-21-2005, 02:32 PM
What about trying to actuate the foregrip to activate the pump? It could go from 90* to 15* when pumped. you could even make it go negative so the pump action brings the foregrip back toward the trigger frame. Not sure if this is what RK ment but it would keep the original styling and be ubercustom as well.

peewee
03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
check out PBMAXX or punishers customs for cool pumps. Purple pool ball maybe??

deadbox101
03-21-2005, 03:16 PM
What about trying to actuate the foregrip to activate the pump? It could go from 90* to 15* when pumped. you could even make it go negative so the pump action brings the foregrip back toward the trigger frame. Not sure if this is what RK ment but it would keep the original styling and be ubercustom as well.

i think he meant have the handle come down off the pump handle. However this is a sweet idea and would be kick***.

WenULiVeUdiE
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
I think it would be cool if you used the holes over the barrel as the pump handle. But that may be too small of a handle.Try to hide it someway. Make everyone think it is a semi.

wyn1370
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
next time you talk to Brad tell him to start returning emails. Haven't been able to get him to respond for like 6 months. He's had my RT "almost done" for more than a year.

Creative Mayhem
03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
lol... I know, he doesnt respond to my responses, i have to start a completely new email.

RRfireblade
03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Oh man do I have an idea for you. You need to PM me about this one. :ninja:

Duzzy
03-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't know how possible this is, probably not very, but is there anyway you could modify Classic internals to fit into a Retro Valve? That would keep it the most original looking I think. As for a pump handle, how about an undercocking one with a wild cat's head at the end, or shaped like a dragon.

Creative Mayhem
03-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I don't know how possible this is, probably not very, but is there anyway you could modify Classic internals to fit into a Retro Valve? That would keep it the most original looking I think. As for a pump handle, how about an undercocking one with a wild cat's head at the end, or shaped like a dragon.

Trick is to find a retro valve first. I had thought of having the classic valve turned down to the smaller dimensions of the classic RT valve, but it may weaken the valve's strength. Then again, i'm not sure that turning it down would do anything either.

Duzzy
03-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Trick is to find a retro valve first. I had thought of having the classic valve turned down to the smaller dimensions of the classic RT valve, but it may weaken the valve's strength. Then again, i'm not sure that turning it down would do anything either.

Ask either Tom, or AGD about modifying the classic valve. I personally think it would be cool to have the classic internals in the RT valve, but again I don't know how plausible/possible it is. If you need one, post in the B/S/T Forum.

Also, my comment about an undercocking pump handle with a carving on the front, here are some pics:

Something Weird (http://merchants-medieval.com/cockerel/cat-images/carved_heraldic_lions.jpg)

Cat (http://www.texancultures.utsa.edu/memories/TEXT/Woodcarving/ImagesJohnson/0RLJ38_EgyptianCat1986.jpg)

(The Pumping Rod would have to go into its bum, but it might look cool, just have the cat looking down.)

Just some ideas.

JoshK
03-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Could you make a little mechanism to have a foregrip cock like those old style shotguns (wild west type)...that would be pretty sweet.

RRfireblade
03-21-2005, 05:14 PM
After a quick look, I don't see any reason why a Classic valve can't be turned down that much or more.

vf-xx
03-21-2005, 05:18 PM
next time you talk to Brad tell him to start returning emails. Haven't been able to get him to respond for like 6 months. He's had my RT "almost done" for more than a year.

Eh, I've never had any trouble catching him on the phone....

Anyway, I like the rocking foregrip idea.

Another idea would be to put a small clear plastic block that fits inside the foregrip bracket. If you make it just big enough to work, it should hide nicely there.

Creative Mayhem
03-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Some good ideas... but it seems everyone wants to make the forgrip the pump handle..... I'm not quite sure I want to go that route, although I will look into it.

Any ideas for a good horizontal handle?

Duzzy
03-23-2005, 03:33 PM
See post #12

Big'n slo
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Stainless tubing thats slightly larger than the RT front shroud with matching holes. Slip it over the shroud so the holes match.
Same concept as the standard around the barrel phantom.

Or a Labatt Blue 16oz can? :p

PsychoBaller
03-23-2005, 07:00 PM
JEREMY !!! I used to own an Oldschool RT, traded it to Tuna. IT MUST HAVE THE OLD HIGHLINE AIR RAIL... from the Valve to the Foregrip. Air line that was a pice of metal, in shape of a mishapen L, a Hockey Stick, hahaha. Oldschool RTs has them, nice piece of craftmenship.

Found pic, other than hardline.. wut about the old 90* elbow adapter. thing felt like it was 2lbs, brass i believe it was, or goldish colored steel or wuthaveyou.

-baller

oh yah... MORE PUPRLE MAN !!!.... aye? :cheers:

Muzikman
03-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Problem with that hard line was that it went from the foregrip to the rail and then the air went from the rail to the valve via the banjo bolt. A custom hardline with a good looking quick disconnect is gonna be quite pricy I am sure.

Creative Mayhem
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
HAHAHA I actually like the beer can idea! :p

I think the classic look is what I want... so i am prolly gonna go with a horizontal handle. The airline/QD is gonna cost a bit for what I want, but hey, if it has the look I want, then it's all good. :D

RRfireblade
03-24-2005, 10:08 AM
How about a Twist mech on the Foregrip to pump it. Maybe a 1/4 turn is all it would take.As for the valve,why not just use the correct RT valve so you can keep the air set up stock too?