PDA

View Full Version : alright ao i need computer hardware help

dirty_canadian4894
03-22-2005, 10:06 PM
a few weeks ago i got a new dvdrw drive, and this weekend i started formatting and reintalling windows xp on my spyware infested computer, i got it formatted and got windows xp installed and then i tore down the computer to put my new dvd drive in it and i got the drive in and got the wires routed good and then when i went to start the computer up all of the fans would turn on and all of the lights on the front would work(hdd led, power led, dvdrw led, and cdrw led) but nothing would display on the monitor and i couldnt feel the harddrive vibrating at all, but the cd and dvd drives would open if i pressed the open buttons and evrything else would work, i tried everything i could think of, like: check the videocard connections, and make sure the hdd was plugged in correctly, but nothing would work, so i tore everthing out of it and checked all of the connections and put it back together as tightly as i could and made sure everything was in the correct places and got the wires ran perfectly, and then when i flip the power switch on the ps a little green light turns on on the mobo and the power switch led turns on but nothing else happens no mater what i do, ive tried checking all of the connections and everything seems tight but nothing i try seems to work and i cant figure out what i did.

the computer is:
intel d875pbz motherboard
2.8ghz pentium4 with hyper threading and 800fsb
asus all in one 5650 videocard with 128mb
creative sound card
enermax 350w psu for pentium 4
seagate sata 120gb harddrive
liteon 52x/24x/52x cdrw
lg dvdrw
some cheap floppy drive
nice case

i have no idea what is wrong with it but im afraid that i might have burnt somehting up although i never smelt anything and i dont thin k anything got too hot.

ive tried disconnecting all non vital parts and turning it on and its still unresponsive i have no idea what to try next.

please try to help me this is my only good computer and ive got alot of money in it.

Tunaman
03-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Did the bios detect the new drive as the secondary slave? Delete all hardware for the boards in your puter. Shut it down. Pull out everything but the memory and the video card and see if it boots. If it does, Re-set Bios to defaults. Add cards back one at a time rebooting after every hardware change. Take the memory out and put it back it. Same with the processor. Make sure connections are tight. Let us know... ;)

dirty_canadian4894
03-23-2005, 08:06 PM
thanks tuna ,ive tried takning everything but the essentials out and it wont boot at all, the only thing that happens now is the little green light on the mobo and the blue power light on the front of the case, i took the cpu out last night and one of the legs was burnt up and stuck in the mobo chipset thing so im thinking that that was the problem im going to order a new cpu but which one would u recomend for under 150$ that will work with that mobo?

Tunaman
03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
thanks tuna ,ive tried takning everything but the essentials out and it wont boot at all, the only thing that happens now is the little green light on the mobo and the blue power light on the front of the case, i took the cpu out last night and one of the legs was burnt up and stuck in the mobo chipset thing so im thinking that that was the problem im going to order a new cpu but which one would u recomend for under 150$ that will work with that mobo?
Ebay for the processor. Make sure to check the CPU voltage in the bios before firing up the new one. I like intel... ;)