PDA

View Full Version : Force Fly vs Cyborg

MarX740
03-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey I have a cyborg and have been looking at the force fly as it is one of if not the sexiest angel I have ever seen.What are the differences between the two? Is it really worth the price (Borg+$600 USD) to get one of these? Thanks

purple
03-23-2005, 10:28 AM
as far as i know, angels are sweet guns that are original, and cyborgs are just another timmy clone

hehe, let the flames begin :mad:

also, arent there rules against VS threads?

purple

The Action Figure
03-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I dunno, I shoot an angel and love it but if you like the way the borg shoots keep it. id personally sell the borg and get a 90 framed 05 speed

zeroack
03-23-2005, 10:58 AM
If your looking at getting a A4 force fly you might think about waiting till the G7 comes out. That should take a little hunk out of the A4 market. However if your getting the latest and greatest....gonna cost ya.

Zero

The Action Figure
03-23-2005, 11:26 AM
the g7s out

zeroack
03-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Shows ya how often I hang around the Angel forums.....well then the A4 Force should be "cheaper".

Zero

TheTramp
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
I can't imagine adding $600 to your Borg for one.

VFX_Fenix
03-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Skip the Force Fly and go to the 05 speed, unless you realy like the milling on the Fly. Speed is the Fly engine with a basic board and less agressive milling. Also the Speed doesn't have the annoying thermo-couple that'll tell you what the ambient temp is, a common part to go bad on the LCD boards, and when the couple is bad or "senses ambient above or below an acceptable range" the gun will not shoot and you have to replace the board.

The G7 has some interesting little features on it, nothing really "astounding" other than they moved the 'noid and changed the way the Rotobreach opens (it's a lever now instead of the traditional knob).

For what will be different in your 'Borg vs. Angel, well, gun profile, the Angel will be shorter vertically and wider from side to side with I believe roughly the same length. Sound signature will be a little different as well as ballance. As far as shooting goes, eh... I'm not sure you could say that one would necesarrily shoot better than the other, the Angel has a higher theoretical cycling rate that the 'Borg which means that you could possibly shoot faster, though with eyeQ and what ever MacDev calls their eye system you're going to be limited by your loader. The Cyborg by default has a MUCH wider range of barrels to choose from using what's practically industry standard AC threads and not everyone carries Angel threaded barrels. Much beyond that, well, shoot an Angel, see if you like it. I know I like Angels, but that's me, I'm curious about the Cyborg and actually got to hold one for the first time in Huntington Beach and I'd like to see how they shoot.

hope this helps, but bottom line, it's your money and no one can make the choice for you.

MarX740
03-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah ive looked at the 05 speeds and I’m not a big fan especially of that reg (not for performance but it just feels weird probably get used to it).But the other gun I’m looking at is the MT force 4 because I’m getting a new board which puts eyes and some "other" modes onto the gun. I really do like the Cyborg but I would like to try an angel and why not go for the nicest one out there :D Thanks for your help guys if you have any more suggestions I'd be glad to hear em.

FSU_Paintball
03-23-2005, 12:57 PM
That's a strange dilemma to be in. You don't see people trying to decide between those two guns very often.

No, it is not worth the $600 difference. And I would suggest that you do look at other guns as well, although the most important thing is preference.

I was not too impressed with the 05 speed my teammate had, even after he tweaked it and put in some real fast settings. But the Fly isn't really much better. Milling and a board are the main differences. So if you're heartset on an Angel, go for the 05 Speed. Same performance in a much cheaper package.

And please don't toss away the idea of a freestyle, matrix or timmy just because everyone else uses them. They're good markers.

MarX740
03-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah I've had someone offer me a DM3 with anderson board+pipe kit and cash but im not really sure on that one.I have been offering it on dm4's but no one takes me up.Personally i'm not a fan of timmies they feel cheap and I really hate the frames :P I'm going to be trying a dm3 soon as well as a freestyle and I'll see what I do from there.Thanks

JaredMeier
03-23-2005, 02:30 PM
go with the phantom! the xtra cash will pay for a years worth of field fees and paint. pump!

68magOwner
03-23-2005, 02:36 PM
teammate shoots an A4 fly (not a force, but, close, just milling difference i believe) anyway, i have used that some, and used ~5 borgs, honestly, no, the angel is not worth an extra $600 in performance if thats what your looking for, i would say it performs better for shure, but, not enough difference to warrent $600. But, if your looking for the feel or looks, then, its your money, go for it

MarX740
03-23-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah I think I've found a cheaper alternitive to the force fly which is a force 4 and pred :D One question though.Would it be at all possiable to get the same eyes and covers that are on the new angels(05 speed,force,euro etc)And retrofit them to the a4?

68magOwner
03-23-2005, 03:02 PM
yes, its called the MT fly conversion i believe, but pred is better anyway

CrawforDry
03-23-2005, 03:42 PM
An angel is not worth $600 over a cyborg. Once you get into high end electros its all preference, all. If you like it and its working well keep it, and if you aren't happy try something before you get it.

nt2004
03-23-2005, 04:11 PM
cyborgs are just another timmy clone

what? Please elaborate

68magOwner
03-23-2005, 04:14 PM
what? Please elaborate

just another goofy kid saying that all ram/hammer markers are the same :rolleyes: , has no idea what he is talking about, dont pay attention.

barrel break
03-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Personally, if you are satisfied with your 'borg, there is no reason to go for the angel. I would take the borg over it any day.

BeaverEater
03-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Well i was looking at either a borg or an 05 a month ago. I went with the borg and im really glad that i did. I am the only borg at my field, and there are 6 05 angel speeds there. All 6 chop a decent amount, i dont at all. I see them down working on their guns all the time, ive never had anything happen to mine. Unless you really like the feel of an angel, or hate the feel of the borg, i would say stick with the borg.

tru_flip56
03-23-2005, 11:07 PM
ahahahaha....add 600 dollars...thats a joke....sell your borg and then you could juss buy a new one and save money...

jewie27
03-24-2005, 02:30 AM
the g7s out

I held it on saturday at Super 7 Huntington Beach. It's hot. Especially in that girl color; matches my paintball thong. :p

The Action Figure
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
never speak again