PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about an Angel

billybob
11-19-2001, 06:48 PM
I am hopefully gettin an angel in a trade for my impusle + $$. I still have my mag played with it sunday. but now my brother uses more.
But for those who own/used Angels let me know what u think.

nutz
11-19-2001, 06:54 PM
ok honestly if u saw the test tom showed us at the super tour, u would want to get an rt pro or emag. it proved how superior the mag valve was to an angels, but its ur choice

FooTemps
11-19-2001, 07:00 PM
nutz is right. The valve recharge is so much worse on the angel than on the rt... That's why I'm trying to win that rt pro from the fantasy emag contest...

billybob
11-19-2001, 07:08 PM
of corse the RT is faster all know that.(most) Nothin can match the RT recharge rate. yet...(may be never) But this was just to sweet of a deal. And i wanted an RT but i live no were near a PB store so i have never shot a RT. But i have shot angels and think they are pretty good.

I just wanted to know what i was about to get into by trading.

thx

Maghappy
11-19-2001, 07:22 PM
at the AGD super tour on saturday tom showed that the EMAG/Retrovalve recahrge was as instant as it will get..... the SUPERMAN DARK ANGEL TOOOK 10 SECONDS! YES 10 SECONDS! AND THATS AN 1800$ GUN. ok.... this is what i think.... the emag is less expensive, more accurate, shoots faster, has 2 modes when battery dies, better recharge x10 (literally). awesome tech support and warantee, more comfertable (IMO) over all alot better IMO. the only down side is that an emag is heavier, but thats only a problem if your a lady. get an EMAG over angel any day

AngelBoy
11-19-2001, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm just gonna hafta say something good since nobody else has. If you can get an angel + cash for an imp go for it. If you can get an emag then go for that one instead. I don't know what all this talk is about the 10 second recharge rate, but I've not had a problem with mine. I'd do it man.

oneshot
11-19-2001, 07:47 PM
That should be a good deal. The Emags and Angels both have there own feeling to them. I like both , but I like my emag better. go for it

hope this helps :D

Deadpool3
11-19-2001, 08:48 PM
Can someone tell me what exactly recharge means and what it does?

FeelTheRT
11-19-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Deadpool3
Can someone tell me what exactly recharge means and what it does?

recharge rate is the speed the regulator recharges because what a regulator really is, is a dohiky that restricts air. When your shooting fast on a fast shooting gun like an Angel for instance, and the recharge rate isn't as fast as the gun is shooting, you will ge drop offs meening the Angel is shooting faster than what the regulator can supply in a certain amount of time.

the RT valve is capable of cycling upto 26 times before drop offs. Sure you all say Angel's can't do that but are you going to shoot 26bps often? The Emag's electroincs is restricted at 13bps semi. Angels aren't restricted until 20bps (not that u need that kind of speed) on semi (B) mode, but i'm sure it can recharge fast enough for it to have little or non drop offs, just my 2 .001.

ChrisRT
11-19-2001, 10:57 PM
I had an Rt then the Angel limited edition came out and i had to have it so I got one and used it for a while, they are good guns but something about shooting an Rt trigger brought me back to AGD, so now I shoot a c/f RT Pro. Don't get me wrong you can crank out paint with an angel but when I see a 10 yr old shooting as fast as me (or Faster), it reminds me that it takes skill to shoot an RT not just a finger.

Ninja B0Y
11-20-2001, 02:27 AM
I sold my mag for a Defiant. I sold my Defiant for an Angel. I have shot an Emag and I liked it pretty well. It's a toss up between the two and I could go either way. And contrary to what "Maghappy" says that Emags are more accurate, the Angel is just as accurate as any other gun out there given the good paint to barrel match combination.

I won't dispute that the Emag has a faster recharge rate than the Angel, but then it does have a faster recharge rate than a cocker, an impulse, a Bushmaster, a Spyder...I can go on and on. What's the point? Does that mean it's better? Not necessarily, not if it's not going to do you any good on the field. From a technical standpoint the EMAG looks good on paper, question is, will it do you any good on the field? And the same goes for the Angel.

Personally, when you go past the $1000 range, you generally aren't buying a piece of junk. I don't think anyone out there is willing to spend that much money on something that's not proven and won't perform at the level they demand.

fuzzy
11-20-2001, 07:17 AM
i heard about the test tom did, and all i can gather is don't shoot the wdp reg on any other gun then an angel. i have been thru. two mags, a tribal and a tippmann 98. and shoot a tricked 2000 angel right now, and i don't think it could possibly get any better. i guess i'll just have to wait for the new e-mag with the aluminum bolt and stuff, maybe that can change my mind.

bobby emag 11
11-20-2001, 09:14 AM
Well i hope my 2 cents can help you decide one way or the other, I myself am thinking about getting a DYE IS angel but only as a second marker to my e mag. In my opinion there is nothing else out there more reliable and rugged that an rt or e mag because if you talk about down time and maintainance, mags and even e mags are far more superior that any electronics only marker. even when you are in the middle of a game, if the electronics on your e mag conks out you still have an rt at the very least which in itself is a pretty awesome marker so think about it. A very expensive electronic marker or a very expensive e mag which is really two markers in one.

duffman
11-20-2001, 12:44 PM
maghappy can you explain how the mag is more accurate than a angel?

fuzzy
11-20-2001, 12:48 PM
yeah i'm with duffman, i don't know how any gun could possibly shoot straighter then my angel, i just don't think it's possible, my gun is so dead accurate. granted i've got a freak but still.

Chris
11-20-2001, 01:05 PM
The angel is a very nice gun. The test that we did on the Supertour did not show that the angel had bad recharge, it showed that the reg on the angel had bad recharge. The reg was the stock wdp mini reg. Regardless, the angel is capable of compensating for the changes in pressure by varying the volume of air that is used to fire the ball.

If you like the feel of the angel, get it. You cant go wrong with them. I personally like the trigger on the Emag better. If you do get the Angel, change the reg over to a stabilizer or some other good regulator.

-Chris

fuzzy
11-20-2001, 01:15 PM
well said

duffman
11-20-2001, 01:26 PM
i own cockers,angel,shocker,mags and no one gun shots further or more accurate than the others.

mac2k4
11-20-2001, 03:50 PM
yeah there both good guns, but all guns shot from a controlled environment where the only variable is the gun itself (meaning, same velocity, paint, etc.) will shoot the same distance.
Accuracy is only effected by the consistancy of the gun, pain quality, and stability of the gun.

Maghappy
11-21-2001, 03:18 PM
lol, i guess i got a lil BSing with the accuracy thing. sorry :) from my experiences the emag was a little more consistent with accuracy though. honestly...... go to http://www.paintballstar.com/semiauto1.html and read the reviews on both the emag and angel. from how they tested the angel they said it wasnt very accurate, it doesnt look like it was either.... but..... you add in paint/barrel match up and it will be more accurate. id like to withdraw my statement! :) sorry.... read the reviews to help u decide and try both guns......

Cha0tic
11-21-2001, 04:19 PM
don't let us make your final decision. go to your field and find someone with an angel. ask him to shoot a few to see how you like it. then try to find an emag. ask to shoot that one. make your pick on which feels better.

AngelBoy
11-21-2001, 06:00 PM
I would go for the e-mag because of the manual mode. Your not ever gonna shoot 26 bps so what does it matter????? Angels have a nice feeling to them, and even if the electronics mess up, you still have a 1000$ thermomiter:rolleyes: I had trouble with the reg on the Angel when I first got it, but I just got a different one and now it works fine. If you try them both and still cant decide go with the emag because of the manual mode and the customer service at AGD.

FeelTheRT
11-21-2001, 07:11 PM
well i meen i'm not too hot about having a thermometer but it has some cool features such as a built in vibrator via game timmer. Also, the LCD has alot more mumbojumbo than the 99- LEDs so it might be a little more tolerant to the temp and humidity. If it were up to me, i'd have WDP make LEDs again. an Angel with out the bells and whistles, sorta like a Matrix but they are gas hogs and somewhat big :-b.

I'm not saying the M mode is usless, i meen, it's very creative that AGD came up with the idea but what are the chances you will run out of power or gun dies right durring a game? If your too lazy to drain the power and recharge them before a day of play, your not responsible enough to own a safistamacated electro. If you can afford a $1200 safistamacated Angel, then u shouldn't have trouble affording a back up machaniacal gun such as a Mag or Cocker.

billybob
11-22-2001, 07:43 AM
thx for help.

i am probly ganna get it friday (i hope) And i do have a mag for backup. so inacase of some unforseen batt. death i have my mag.