PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Problems

thecompany
11-19-2001, 07:09 PM
This is severe, guys. And, sadly, I know it's not an isolated incident. I just wanted to get this out to the public. What can we do to stop this crap?

http://www.rumbleme.com/article.php?sid=52&mode=nested&order=0

--Dustin

www.rumbleme.com

"Talk amongst yourselves... I'll give you a topic..."

TheTramp
11-19-2001, 07:49 PM
If they excepted money to play in the series they should have to follow though will the prizes. If they deside to end it early then they give the prizes to whoever is winning at that point (not that stopping in the middle is good either). It's just bad biz. practice.

I don't know what can be done to stop it. Litigation would probably be the only action that would be succesfull but do you want to be that guy who sues?

deded
11-21-2001, 02:18 AM
That sucks sooo much... I'd be pretty ticked if I knew I was going to get a Dark Angel and then they just took it away for no reason :mad:

You can trade dark angels for some really nice Emags... in those *other* forums.

PsychoMag
11-21-2001, 06:26 AM
Team SG's,
I deal with Tez on a regular basis as well. I am captain of a team he sponsors. I can't believe this. When I need something, he is always there. I know that he, as an Amateur A team, is sponsored by Smart Parts and such, but I simply cannot justify those Dark Angels. He has promoted Dark Angels from the start, and my team and I are to play the RPL2k2 next year. I will have to call my friend Tez.

kenshinkandon
11-21-2001, 06:54 AM
You should check out www.pbnation.com I see someone from roughneck paintball on there alot he does some testing and posts how their Impulse will look and tries to sell them on there also perhaps you could talk with him more on pbnation.com

snowman
11-21-2001, 07:55 AM
I am no lawyer, and you may have to check the fine print on the rules and prize specifications for the tournament, but doesn't a prize of X for winning first place constitute a binding contract? If X prize is advertised, I didn't think it could be substituted unless the replace was of equal or greater value. It would be interesting to see if someone takes the company to court. I mean I've played in tourny's before for specific prizes offered. It would suck if they changed that out at the last minute.

skipdogg
11-21-2001, 09:09 AM
basically if this is accurate, then you need to sue them on principal. obviously there is some money mismanagement on their part, and they couldnt produce the Angels. Perhaps you should also report them to the BBB.

AngelBoy
11-21-2001, 11:05 AM
Awww.... and I was gonna buy one of his impulses:( Well, sorry man, I'd sue em, but then where would I get my impulse?? lol. Congrats on 1st place though, and good luck with the Darks.

Team SG
11-22-2001, 10:15 AM
Guys,
I want to say that this story is very true. We were made to believe that first place prize was guaranteed (5 DARK ANGELS) until after the 5th event. The promoter has removed the information that was on hi web page but I have copy of everything promised. We are only making people aware of this because it is unfair to all of us who work hard to make the extra money needed to pay and play tournament paintball. Most of us try and help when we can to promote this sport that we are so fond of and promoters with business practices such as this will only hurt everyone.

Later,

Vince
Team SG's

THIS IS WHAT THE TOURNEY PAGE STATED UP UNTIL 11-01-2001:

RESULTS OF THE FIRST FIVE RPL EVENTS

Scoring Chart

Roughneck Paintball League
5-man
(RPL 2001)

April 29th - SG's take it home...
June 17th - SG's, yet again...
August 12th - Maximum Velocity takes first...
September 16th - Terminal takes the big cheese this time...
October 21st - SG's take it for the third time...
November 4th

Take the best of 5 out of 6 point totals overall...

$30 registration ($150/per team), $5 for air($25/per team), Total of $35 per player, $175 per team.

Paint available for:
$75 (Kick'N Paint) / 2000 rds.
$85 (Adrenalin Ball) / 2000 rds.

Discounts:
Prepay registration for 4 events ($700 per team) and get 2 for FREE ... Your team SAVES $350
Discounts on paint are also available, call in advance for more information...
Free drinks as always...

Updated Prizes:
Guaranteed Prizes

1st place...
Warped Sportz 2k1 Dark LCD Angels

2nd place...
$1000 (maybe Smart Parts Impulses)

3rd place...
Custom Products Barrels & Extreme Rage Packs

4th place...
Bus fair home

WANT TO REF FOR FREE POINTS LIKE IN THE NPPL?
Any qualified teams that ref an event will automatically get 1st place points for that day (100), no team may ref more than 1 event. All interested teams will be chosen by a lottery. Teams interested in reffing must be attending 4 or more events, please call for more information.

Sponsored by:
Adrenalin
Warped Sportz
Mac Developments Australia
Smart Parts
Inflate-A-Bunker
Extreme Rage
Custom Products
Kick'N Paintballs
and more.....

Magazine coverage by:
Crossfire, Paintball News, APG and/or Paintball International

Call 856-672-9428 for more info
Check us out @
http://www.roughneckpaintball.com/
for directions and pics of our concept fields
http://www.paintcheck.com/ or http://www.paintballcity.com/
on the events page, under tournaments for our future events
*all registration deposits are nonrefundable & rain dates will be announced at a later date
our new tech shop is up and all checks for entry fees, paint, etc. are to be mailed to this location:

Roughneck Paintball
741 Park Ave
Woodbury Hgts., NJ 08097

Please make checks out to:
Roughneck Paintball Inc.

i-luv-my-rt
11-22-2001, 12:09 PM
Well i know Roughneck makes great guns and all but this really sucks.

I would like to congradulate Team SG's on there awesome playing through the tourney. This are some top level amateur teams they were they playing and they must have played excellant. Dark Angels would have been beyond great but if you look at the good part you did beat there home team. It proves alot to you as a team to be able to go to there field and rock them.

GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!

Flamebo
11-22-2001, 12:24 PM
What did you end up getting? If it's really a big difference in prizes, I'd have a lawyer write up a statement to submit to him, which might cost you a hundred bucks, but I don't think he'd want to risk the legal fees + the Dark Angels on taking it to court. I don't have any legal background, but it's worth a shot.

Team SG
11-22-2001, 01:25 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the complements and help. We are not sure what to do yet we are trying to talk to the promoter and make him understand that he should honor his promise and give us the correct prizes.

If you would help us please let him know what you think of this situation.

You can see it all hear:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=30138

Thanks an HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!

Vince
Team SG,s