PDA

View Full Version : That Disheartening Hissing Sound

Mr.Danger
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Another thread, another question. Somewhere Mark is saying,"My God, not another one !" and smacking his head on his desk. I know that every one of my threads has posed a question so far (sorry), but I want to start this one by thanking everyone for their help, both past and present. But this isn't why I posted this thread. On to the question!

So I have two mags, one with a classic valve and a LVL 7 bolt, and one with a Smart Parts custom valve and a LVL 10. I took them out this afternoon and both had problems. The classic started sputtering and dropping off velocity every couple of shots. The Smart parts worked fine for a few shots, then it started hissing. I know that it wasn't recharging right. I would fire a shot, then it would hiss for about two or three seconds before it would be capable of firing again. Also, it also started to break balls and the shots that it did fire spun way to one side or the other. I've got a game on Friday so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. And thank you in advance.

Maggot6
03-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I have no idea how the smart parts custom valve works, so I can't help you there...I am not positive on the lvl 7, but wsa your velocity to high for it? I know it acts up after the 300 mark or so, Maybe that was it's way of getting it lower. Hopefully someone else is a better help for you than I am.
Oh- and always check your orings :)

Enemy
03-25-2005, 05:31 AM
are you running atleast 650 psi into the valve??idk did you check your velocity maybe it was way low on both??

athomas
03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
First thing to do is take both valves apart and clean them. Inspect the o-rings and oil them. Then try them. If they still don't function properly, go through the process of identifying where the leaks or hisses are coming from and what they sound like, as well and any strange operational occurances. These proceedures will help us identify the problems and offer a quick solution to your problems.

Also, identify all the non AGD parts that are in use on each gun.

The Smart Parts valve? Does it have the black magic box on the side of the valve?