PDA

View Full Version : IS IT WORTH IT classic mag with an x or rt valve

tec 09
03-24-2005, 12:13 AM
I have a classic automag tricked out and warped with intelifeed
it has a classic valve with a shocktech charger so i dont have the original charger
SO I DONT THINK I CAN DO THE VALVE EXCHANGE DAMN :cry: (or can I)

or can i?????????? SO IS WORTH BUYING AN RT OR AN X VALVE

IF SO WHICH VALVE SHOULD I GET AND WHY
what else do i need to buy to make that valve work and how much is this all going to cost me

i really dont want to get rid of it since i have put over 1000 in it but maybe its time to move on
i'm getting real tired of the old valve (shootdown shortstroke etc)

JimmyBeam
03-24-2005, 12:29 AM
i was so close to getting one, but the Ion came out for about the same price as the xvalve.......

BobDoleIsMyHero
03-24-2005, 12:36 AM
The only difference between RT and X is that the X is all aluminum where on the RT only the reg is aluminum and the rest is SS. So they function the same but the X weighs less. I really love the feel of the RT/X valves i think they are worth upgrading to but the feel is personal preference. It is hard to short stroke on these set ups as the return force is greater than the pull and there is no such thing as shootdown with RT/X. Happy Shooting. :shooting:

Vex
03-24-2005, 01:57 AM
X-Valve with a ULE trigger--you CANNOT go wrong! Sure you pay about the same for the X-Valve as you would for a new ION, but then again, you've already got the money and time invested into you Mag, and with AGD, you really do get what you pay for!

I believe that they will not take a Classic valve that is not in original configuration.

jewie27
03-24-2005, 02:03 AM
The ReTro valve is slightly MORE reactive than the X-Valve. I've had all 3 valves...

I started with my original Minimag valve, traded it in and bought a ReTro Valve, sold the Retro for $150 plus classic valve. Then I took the $150 got a $100 discount on the new X-Valve.($225-$100). I only paid $75 for my X-Valve in the end since it sells for $225.

The X-valve is 3 ounces lighter than the ReTro.

tec 09
03-24-2005, 02:16 AM
i really dont give a damn about wait with the warp its already an ugodly amount so who cares
is the retro as good as the x because i'm goin for price here BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT
SO SHOULD I DO THE RT
AND WHATS UP WITH THE ULT

jewie27
03-24-2005, 02:18 AM
If weight doesn't matter...

Then get a used ReTro valve. Sell your classic valve for 50 bucks. The ReTro actually is more reactive than the X-valve. The good thing about the X is that it comes with Level 10. Try to find a level 10 ReTro Valve.

BobDoleIsMyHero
03-24-2005, 10:35 AM
I also posted this in the tech section. This is copied and pasted from the AGD online store...

You may turn in a valve where the valve body has an AGD serial number and the other half is an aftermarket regulator.

In the tech section i posted the entire paragraph that describes what you can and can't exchange. :cheers:

peewee
03-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Get a new valve. The ion is still too new , Any major problems havent shown themselves yet. Give it a little time. See if there are any issues. With the mag your not going to have trouble. I have seen an ION on CO2 & it froze up after a little heavy usage. Local gun tech was setting up the anti syphon on a 20 oz tank. Worked great on N2. The way the internals are set up it reminded me of a Mag on off stack.

Eric Cartman
03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
You may turn in a valve where the valve body has an AGD serial number and the other half is an aftermarket regulator.

Yup. I exchanged a classic valve with a Diamond Labs Hurricane 8 hole mod back. They didn't care. They even gave me my venturi bolt back - not that I ever had any use for it again.

JimmyBeam
03-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Get a new valve. The ion is still too new , Any major problems havent shown themselves yet. Give it a little time. See if there are any issues. With the mag your not going to have trouble. I have seen an ION on CO2 & it froze up after a little heavy usage. Local gun tech was setting up the anti syphon on a 20 oz tank. Worked great on N2. The way the internals are set up it reminded me of a Mag on off stack.
i dont want to hijack this dudes thread, but i'll just say this, i did go with the Ion and I havent had any regrets.

if i can come up with an extra 300 bucks, i want an xvalve. my mag is so close to being finally finished, that I just cant see myself keeping the classic on.

but. when i do finally go xvalve, i dont want to trade my classic valve in though. i want to hold on to it, it works great and to know it would just be trashed would bother me to much