PDA

View Full Version : AGD Prototypes and Projects

jewie27
03-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Before Tom left AGD, did he leave any projects or prototypes behind to be picked up later?

What will be new for AGD in 2006?

REDRT
03-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Before Tom left AGD, did he leave any projects or prototypes behind to be picked up later?

What will be new for AGD in 2006?

Most likely nothing from AGD. But the dealers at this forum are doing ok with custom stuff.

jewie27
03-24-2005, 02:06 AM
:cry: No more cool inventions/innovations? New guns???

VFX_Fenix
03-24-2005, 02:34 AM
AGD really hasn't produced a "new" gun since the 68 Automag, every version of the Mag since that one has been a refinement of the same platform, though I'm sure some would disagree unless you could the Sydarm, which is kinda iffy for me.

I would like to see some new AGD toys, a new gun I think is badly needed, or at the very least an advertising campain, I was thumbing through a 2002 issue of APG and saw an actual SFL E-Mag ad and an article by Tom Kaye. Kinda sad since that's probably one of the last times a Mag was actually being advertised and it wasn't even by AGD.

jewie27
03-24-2005, 04:15 AM
I was happy to see in APG last year an article testing out the Custom RT ULE with Y-Grip.

johnson88
03-24-2005, 08:20 AM
there was an issue with a tac-one in it but i dont think it was a big article if i remeber correctly

alouba
03-24-2005, 08:56 AM
apg isn't a quality magazine
people more experianced with the game don't read it
i'm pretty sure the new owner knows he has to step it up because he released the pro-classic

peewee
03-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Wow, APG is the oldest paintball mag around. Show some respect. Its aimed at all levels of play. I buy it & enjoy it. :D :hail: APG :hail: Its not just tourny oriented!!! :clap: Oh yea & I have been playing paintball for 13 years did the tourney thing BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The Action Figure
03-24-2005, 10:58 AM
nuff said yay for rouge

http://home.earthlink.net/~roguefactor/RogueCustom0223.jpg

VFX_Fenix
03-24-2005, 11:06 AM
that's a pretty slick Mag right there.

Jack & Coke
03-24-2005, 11:14 AM
I would have thought a natural progression would have been something similar to all the recent "pneumatic-mag", "hAir Trigger", style mods... but alas, nothing technologically impressive since the LvL10 and ULT from AGD.

I think the next "engineering" step (i.e. non-cosmetic) for the mag universe will come from PBX:

http://www.mqvalve.com/images/mqvalve_holygrail_001.jpg

Could this be the case like in Star Wars where the student finally becomes better than the Master... ;)

Recon by Fire
03-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Hmmm...is that a light sabre? :eek:

Maggot6
03-24-2005, 07:15 PM
It would be kinda cool if the "student family became a master" and like, they all got together on the Light side and bought out like half of agd, to make a super agd... :ninja:

FooTemps
03-24-2005, 08:02 PM
It would be kinda cool if the "student family became a master" and like, they all got together on the Light side and bought out like half of agd, to make a super agd... :ninja:

super agd wouldn't be very cool... i mean... who has a 4 letter acronym name anymore!? sagd!? that sounds like sagged... which evidently can be related to OLD AND SAGGY if you catch my drift. ;)

gc82000
03-24-2005, 08:12 PM
super agd wouldn't be very cool... i mean... who has a 4 letter acronym name anymore!? sagd!? that sounds like sagged... which evidently can be related to OLD AND SAGGY if you catch my drift. ;)
:rofl: I hope that never happens

If you want a merging of super powers think of Dragonball not Star Wars. only the Japanese could fill a 30 minute cartoon with standing and yelling and call an action sequence.

JoshK
03-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I would have thought a natural progression would have been something similar to all the recent "pneumatic-mag", "hAir Trigger", style mods... but alas, nothing technologically impressive since the LvL10 and ULT from AGD.

I think the next "engineering" step (i.e. non-cosmetic) for the mag universe will come from PBX:

http://www.mqvalve.com/images/mqvalve_holygrail_001.jpg

Could this be the case like in Star Wars where the student finally becomes better than the Master... ;)

NEAT!!! Thats the mQ valve for mags???? Never seen it...but it isnt the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Oh...and AGD definatly needs to step up its game...unless they have some secret beauty we know nothing about :mad:

Jack & Coke
03-24-2005, 09:02 PM
NEAT!!! Thats the mQ valve for mags???? Never seen it...

http://www.pbxbattlezone.com/forums/files/aggmag.jpg

read more here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151628
http://www.pbxbattlezone.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=412bad461df93dc64b235404937a2a49

WTF is the Q-mag?
The Q-mag is a proof of concept prototype using PBX Ballistix Labs' mQ-Valve technology.

How does it work?
It uses a reversed mQ-Valve with a large built in air chamber to push a Level 7 bolt foward and fire a ball. It does not have a sear and is operated by a single solenoid. We will switch the L7 for a delrin bolt with a very light spring.

When will the upgrade be out?
This technology will most likely end up being a complete gun. There is a possibility of a Mag upgrade if enough are interested.

How long did it take you to get it working?
Three days working part time.

Why did you use mag parts and an eblade?
We used those parts because we had them around. It's much quicker to build a proof of concept if I don't have to stand in front of the machines for hours making a body. We should have used a PBX frame on it, but we only had one prototype frame on the cocker at the time.

Who is that guy in the picture?
Mel Maravilla, owner of PBX.

What's this I hear about AGG-Mag?
It's made of mismatched and ugly parts, so therefore it's AGG.

Who the hell are you and how do you know about the Q-Mag?
I'm PBX Ballistix Labs' electrical engineer and prototype machinist.

This will be updated as more info becomes available.

Oh...and AGD definatly needs to step up its game...unless they have some secret beauty we know nothing about :mad:

I doubt it... :cry:

jewie27
03-24-2005, 09:37 PM
nuff said yay for rouge

http://home.earthlink.net/~roguefactor/RogueCustom0223.jpg

funny how people ALWAYS tend to bypass the GAS-Through foregrip and run the hose straight to the valve.... Isn't there a point in having a GAS-Through?

The hose get's in the way and is fugly.....

I must be the only one that does it the smart way.

jewie27
03-24-2005, 09:39 PM
wow, the MQ valve will be a drop in item??? looks cool, but Level 7??? What about the trigger frame??

alouba
03-24-2005, 09:49 PM
funny how people ALWAYS tend to bypass the GAS-Through foregrip and run the hose straight to the valve.... Isn't there a point in having a GAS-Through?

umm it doesn't go into the foregrip because the foregrip isn't a gas thu
mag's don't have internal air channels, so the air source has to be directly connected to the valve
and the hose doesn't get int he way, at least not for me
and how do YOU do it?

and the mq valve wll not be available for "mags" think about it. what makes a mag a mag? the valve. so if the mq valve is slaped on with a e-blade, what do you have? a mag/cocker hybrid that can mow like no other. maybe the littles gnomes are finally working toghther

JoshK
03-24-2005, 09:51 PM
mag's don't have internal air channels, so the air source has to be directly connected to the valve
and how do YOU do it?

and the mq valve wll not be available for "mags" think about it. what makes a mag a mag? the valve. so if the mq valve is slaped on with a e-blade, what do you have? a mag/cocker hybrid that can mow like no other. maybe the littles gnomes are finally working toghther

Actually they are gonna have a pbx frame for mags...but basically. (eblades will be compatable also).

jewie27
03-24-2005, 10:44 PM
and how do YOU do it?

just took a picture, will upload it later.

TMAXXKING1
03-24-2005, 10:54 PM

thats the point of going custom ....

and people cry about the price of gear and guns now
so add some more fittings and air lines add more to the price and listen to the public cry

jewie27
03-25-2005, 12:00 AM
here it is. I wasn't saying that the gun in the picture sucks.. I was just saying how the hose is routed. That mag is awesome.

alouba
03-25-2005, 01:14 AM
yes, it's doable

but not worth the effort according to the general public

you'll have to get 2 more fittings, make sure you cut the macro line well, get a gas through. and what do you get? nothing essentially.

the only think i would have over my currect air setup, macro from asa to valve, is hardline. but that's too expensive for me and i'll rather spend my money on other stuff

VFX_Fenix
03-25-2005, 01:18 AM
I'll admit I did that on my ULE Mag, but since I put E-Mag lowerson it, there kinda isn't a gas through to use anymore, ya know? :D

nippinout
03-25-2005, 01:19 AM
mQ isn't the next evolution in the Mag. It's an entire gutting out of the Mag and replacing what makes a Mag a Mag with an entirely different operation.

mQ =/= LVL11

vf-xx
03-25-2005, 01:34 AM
I'll admit I did that on my ULE Mag, but since I put E-Mag lowerson it, there kinda isn't a gas through to use anymore, ya know? :D

I can sell you a fix for that. I have a gas through battery pack....

White_Noise
03-25-2005, 01:35 AM
mQ isn't the next evolution in the Mag. It's an entire gutting out of the Mag and replacing what makes a Mag a Mag with an entirely different operation.

mQ =/= LVL11

exactly, thats what most fail to realize. what i dont get is why PBX just didnt come out with an entirely new marker using the MQ technology and just market thier own marker based on the MQ design. If i was in their position, thats what i probably would have done, made my own valve, own body, and own frame instead of using already made pieces and just offering it as an "upgrade" for current markers. the reason i say "upgrade" is because its not really an upgrade as it is an replacement of all internals, and just uses the old body.

Jack & Coke
03-25-2005, 01:42 AM
So by that rational, when people upgrade their cockers with this technology, they have to call their guns something else?

What about the difference between a 2002 and 2003 shocker huh? So much for the affects of transfering a popular name of an outdated design to a new one.

Really... so what if the internal design is different. If it looks like a mag (sans one part), feels like a mag, handles like mag, but instead, comes with a superior performance improvement (speed and efficiency), is it so bad to call it some sort of "mag"... how about QMAG? That sounds ok to me...

alouba
03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
its not an upgrade for cockers.....seeing the only part a cocker owner might have is the frame, but that's only if he owns a e-cocker......
think about it, what do people spend most on cockers? the body and the pneumatics
does this gun use cocker bodies or pneumatics....? no

this isn't an upgrade for a cocker then it is an upgrade for a mag

Jack & Coke
03-25-2005, 02:42 AM
forgive me, I did not understand your point.

vf-xx
03-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they had version of the valve that would work in a cocker body.

alouba
03-25-2005, 04:09 AM
you could be right
i'm not quite sure

JoshK
03-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they had version of the valve that would work in a cocker body.

You are completly correct. The upgrade on the cocker replaces the valve and hammer(actually it replaces the valve and takes out the hammer, and replaces the cocking rod with a dummy to just help guide the back block)...would that be considered a completly different gun?

Creative Mayhem
03-25-2005, 02:56 PM
and how do YOU do it?

What the hell are you talking about?!?!?! LOOK athe the pic. There is a tapped hole for an AIR fiting on the GASTHRU forgrip. You run an airline from the ASA to the bottom of the foregrip, then run another line from the top of the foregrip, to the valve. This is the way the minimag came out of the box back in the early days.

pump
03-25-2005, 04:47 PM
you know it does look like a lightsaber

that is a nice rogue mag

love the red accents
im doing that with my sniper2

why havent i been notified of a MQ website
ronin will hear from me!!!!!

alouba
03-26-2005, 05:28 PM
What the hell are you talking about?!?!?! LOOK athe the pic. There is a tapped hole for an AIR fiting on the GASTHRU forgrip. You run an airline from the ASA to the bottom of the foregrip, then run another line from the top of the foregrip, to the valve. This is the way the minimag came out of the box back in the early days.
that post was made before the pics were posted.....forgive me if i can't forsee everything

all i'm saying is that there isn't any point in re-routing the air

bleachit
03-26-2005, 06:35 PM
there is a point if you are using a classic valve with CO2 and have a reg instead of a forgrip..

ApexAZ
03-27-2005, 12:10 AM
that post was made before the pics were posted.....forgive me if i can't forsee everything

all i'm saying is that there isn't any point in re-routing the air

The point is to get rid of the hose clutter :)

jewie27
03-27-2005, 04:25 AM
The point is to get rid of the hose clutter :)

Exactly. It keeps things neat and tidy. Keeps the hoses from snagging anything.

alouba
03-27-2005, 09:27 AM
whatever
but personally think it's a lot cleaner looking to hook the valve up direct from the asa
and what was this thread about agian.......? :rolleyes:

TSalPaintball
03-27-2005, 11:29 AM
How can you call a mQ valve on a mag a mag?. There are no mag internals.

Custom ULE parts is where it is at right now with mags, there are some kick *** products out right now.

Muzikman
03-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Umm, an MQ mag is not a cocker either. The only thing on there from a cocker is the eBlade frame, but even that doesn't have to be an eBlade, just about any bolt on electro frame will work.

Jerhew
03-27-2005, 11:54 AM
How can you call a mQ valve on a mag a mag?. There are no mag internals, it is a cocker that looks like a mag.

i think a lot of people are confused about this mq valve thing...
it's definitely no cocker either.

the mq valve is an aftermarket upgrade(ok even the word upgrade isnt exactly appropriate)
they made one for a cocker and are making another that will fit a mag body(and i think they're making a whole new gun based on mq technology)
none of this has anything to do with the fact that they used an eblade frame for the prototype.

if you gave any thought to the brilliance of basing the mq in a mag....you wouldnt question it.
the ule body(and all if it's aftermarket cousins) is everything you could ask for in a body..
light, stylish, cocker threaded, replacable feedneck and detent
the completely modular design, makes it rediculously simple to swap out the valve for their own(unlike ANY other gun on the market)
it's really just like when AGD went to cocker threads...something that is out there and already established...that there's a ton of aftermarket stuff out for already...
call it what you want, i call it smart.

you can argue til your blue in the face that it's not a mag...and you do have a point...
but for simplicity's sake...being that it is based on the mag body/rail...
i dont have a problem calling it a qmag
i think that the engineering that went into the ule body and just the mag's overall design is still evident regardless of whos valve you drop in it

it's still way more similiar to a mag than the new shocker is to the old shocker

Jerhew
03-27-2005, 11:56 AM
eeek
that was my 666 post...
have to change that :)

Jack & Coke
03-27-2005, 12:49 PM
if you gave any thought to the brilliance of basing the mq in a mag....you wouldnt question it...
it's really just like when AGD went to cocker threads, something that is out there and already established, that there's a ton of aftermarket stuff out for already...
call it what you want, i call it smart...
but for simplicity's sake, being that it is based on the mag body/rail, i dont have a problem calling it a qmag...
i think that the engineering that went into the ule body and just the mag's overall design is still evident regardless of whos valve you drop in it...
it's still way more similiar to a mag than the new shocker is to the old shocker...

Jerhew has danced the correct and served AO on a beautiful Saturday morning!

http://www.sonypictures.com//groups/us/documents/image/gp050112.jpg

:rofl:

Jerhew
03-27-2005, 01:42 PM
:D

(it's sunday jack)

VFX_Fenix
03-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I can sell you a fix for that. I have a gas through battery pack....

what what? But then won't I lose my battery? I mean... there really isn't a whole lotta room in there for such things as gas passages...

FooTemps
03-27-2005, 03:51 PM
why don't we just settle that...

The MQ system is a conversion kit that is available to both the mag and the cocker.

This means that it is neither a mag derivative or a cocker derivative. The MQ sits by itself in its own category since it is a new operating system working in two different markers. It has also been said that the MQ system will be built into its own marker also. It's just like those THE ONE kits for spyders and such.

vf-xx
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
what what? But then won't I lose my battery? I mean... there really isn't a whole lotta room in there for such things as gas passages...

Nah, the battery pack is just a touch larger. ;)