PDA

View Full Version : My E-Mag, Warp Feed and DYE sticky grips...

raehl
11-19-2001, 08:07 PM
Ok, so before I knew any better, I got some nice DYE sticky grips, which, as those of you more versed in these things than I would know, don't fit on an E-Mag grip. I have, however, noticed that it's more comfortable for me to hold the setup with my left hand on the front of the Warp Feed instead of the foregrip, which has led me to consider triming down those sticky grips and attaching them to the front of my warp feed somehow to make it a little more comfortable - that broad square front isn't exactly the most ergonomical thing in the world.

Question is: Are there already grips in existence for such a thing, and how would you go about attaching something to the front of the warp?

And in a more bizarre idea - I had a though that if I ran my air remote, pulled the WF under the gun, and modified the hopper to sit under the back of the gun behind the grip & trigger, I could really reduce the marker's profile, and make it much easier to shoot out the left side of bunkers. Anyone given any thoughts to this?

- Chris

Oregon_pb_
11-19-2001, 09:31 PM
Do they make any aftermarket grips for the emag?

I love the emag, just not crazy about the grips.

gimp
11-19-2001, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Try some epoxy or something.

Chaos
11-19-2001, 11:50 PM
I have a blueprint drawn out in my garage. I just need the bracket to be custom machine for me. If you want a really low profile gun, make a mounting bracket that goes in front of your grip frame, directly under the gun, and drops down about an inch or so. the warp will be backwards, so the hopper will be directly under your barrel, and the hose will go up to the bottom of a powerfeed. The warp will be under your gun and it will all be a straight line, no side mounted things. The only problem is with a full hopper and such, its a little front heavy, but with a mags SS valve, and if you have your nitro tank with a short drop (like the DYE drop foreward, drops like 2" by 1"), it should even out to something usable. I havent made it so I dont know how well it would work, but its an idea :)

kenshinkandon
11-20-2001, 06:43 AM
this poat was started a little while ago it may have a answer for you. There is also a guy floating around here that makes Exotic grips he may be able to make you some specialized grips for the E-Mag

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16465&highlight=emag+Grips