PDA

View Full Version : emag/air tank help

jenarelJAM
03-24-2005, 07:03 PM
ok, i have a dilemma
around 2 weeks ago i bought a nitro duck X-stream to put on my emag because it is *guaranteed* adjustable output from 200-900 psi. (btw, im running a brand new stock emag w/ xvalve, lvl10, and 3.2 software) so i get the tank from xpaintball.com and i air it up a couple days later(luckily not at the field). when adjusting the reg, t only gets up to around 760 psi max. and this is for a mag so this isnt good. more pressure = more reactivity right? so i send it back to nitroduck and they say, "yeah it shouldnt be doing that, send it in and we'll repair it". so i send it in, get it back two weeks later(two days ago). yesterday i take it to the local pb store and get it aired up again and it only goes up to 800 psi. not only that, but the other guage that tells what the internal tank pressure is is completely shot. when i got the tank back, it said 2000 psi. when filled (around 2800 psi) it said 4000 psi, and when i shot the tank dry, it was reading somewhere between -3000 and -4000 on the guage. seems to me as if nitro duck just figured it was a dead tank and sent me a new one.

so thats my story, i have a couple questions...
is it really that important to have a high input pressure, or should i just let it be considering that i still have e-mode on my emag anyways? (although i would have bought a cheaper/better tank) I either have the option to stick with it (pay $20 for a new couple of guages) and possibly have problems later, or i can return it to xpaintball.com with their 20% restocking fee :cuss: and get money back with which i can buy a new tank.
btw, i have the money, but ive just dropped over 1600$ into this sport and havent played with my new gun even once yet, so this is getting discouraging... and im saving for a car.

my other question is if anyone knows if nitro duck is having major problems with quality control? because i read somewhere that someone's nitro duck tank came apart from the reg and almost caused serious injury. am i just getting lemons or is nitro duck going down the hole?

thanks in advance...

Maggot6
03-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, I havn;t heard of x-stream as a "xtreme" uh, whatever the word is, so I'll give them credit on the cool name,. Yeah, I heard about that tank flying off the regulator, or vice versa, and now that you have 2 times from a nitroduck company, and they both well, screw up I'd say nitroduck is doing something wrong. If it weren't for the 20% restocking fee I'd say give it back. But why give them the glory? If you get over 50-100$ back from buying a new tank and sending that one back, I'd go for it. (I don't know nitroduck pricing) If not, suffer.... And never get a nitroduck product again.

AGDlover
03-24-2005, 07:16 PM
try new gauges if all else fails call em up and tell em your story

MonsterMag
03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
The best preset is a crossfire. For adjables I would find myself a dynoflow or a flatline. Nitroducks arent the best air systems around.

jenarelJAM
03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
well, the tank cost 233, and witht he 20% restocking fee that comes out to like $186 back but im going to have to put another $20 into the tank to get it "working" and i hate doing that when its been such a hellish experience. i would much rather get a cheaper tank that works for what it does than have a tank that could possibly have major problems later down the road

jenarelJAM
03-24-2005, 07:49 PM
hm... now im thinking of getting a centerflag 4CE. its relaly nice, because its got the reliability of a preset, with the semi adjustablility part which i like. (correct me if im wrong, but arent presets mroe reliable?)

BeaverEater
03-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Well considering its not your fault that its getting returned, i would argue against that restocking fee.

jenarelJAM
03-24-2005, 08:45 PM
they still have to pay to put it in their inventory again, so yeah, not their fault either. its nitro ducks fault for having a bad product...

Conversekidz
03-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Have them exchange it for you, they sold you a broken tank and you want a working one.

jenarelJAM
03-24-2005, 10:27 PM
i already did that with the manufacturer, it didnt work. anyways, that wouldnt work...
1. xpaintball.com wont give me a new tank for nothing
2. it says specifically on their site that they are not responsible for the products, talk to the manufacturers
3. i would still have to pay 4 shipping to/from (thats another 20$ or so)
4. there is no guarantee that the 3rd tank they give me would be any better than either of the first two...

"the FitZ"
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
can the company you got it from send you a diff name brand tank?

My PE works hella awesome on a rt classic w/ 850psi input.

Yes I have heard that nitro duck isn't that great by any standard. Personally I'd pay the restocking and add the $20 you'd spend on guages and get a nice preset like PE.

When it comes to adjustables you really really get what you pay for. but I guess that goes for anything.

Hope it all works out

jenarelJAM
03-30-2005, 02:59 PM
yeah, ive decided to get the 4CE. its $300 for a preset, so it should be top notch. alternatively, there is a spring kit which makes it semi-adjustable. it is absicly the centerflag regulator with a screw off top and interchangable mainsprings. im getting some money soon, and have a friend who can lend me his hpa tank until the return finalizes and i get the bulk of my money back. thanks for the suggestions.

yingyang
03-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Yea i got an X stream, got it used though its like 3 years old but thats beside the point, my works great im sorry for you but I agree about how they should send you a new tank free of charge, I asked for a new spanning wrench to adjust it and they just laughed at me pretty much ( how rude :cry: ) and when I get mine filled it just goes up to 4000psi I dont know if the filler is ripping me or the tank gauge is stupid like that, but good luck anyways

Z-man
03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
so thats my story, i have a couple questions...
is it really that important to have a high input pressure, or should i just let it be considering that i still have e-mode on my emag anyways? (although i would have bought a cheaper/better tank).

Tough call. Here is my take on that.

If money was no obect (which it is for many of us in this sport) then absolutely. I would ALWAYS suggest an night 4500psi adjustable system. The Air America Tanks, the CenterFlag tanks, the 4500 series Flatline, the Smart Parts Tanks, all of those are excellent choices and they do have a noticable effect not only in mech and hybrid mode, but E-Mode as well. A nice high pressure input gives you crisp clean stokes each time at slow and high ROFs.

Since money IS a critical factor in your case, YOU have to make this call. The E-mags WILL WORK with a standard preset tank that is set to 800-850psi. The WILL work and they WILL shoot 15-16bps (or whatever you can hit).

Since money is tight, the ideal thing to do would be to borrow a nice adjustable tank (like one listed above) and play a few games with it. Only you can decide if this increased performance I am talking about is worth the money to you.

It's just like anything out there. The "premium" factory speaker system in cars might be good enough for you, but others swear its nothing compared to dropping a $1K into an aftermarket system. Is it worth $1K to you?

You have to make that call.

TheTramp
03-30-2005, 04:18 PM
If you're shooting an E-Mag in E-mode I'd just stick with the 800psi output. There's really no reason to go higher IMHO. I don't think you'll have any problems with shootdown even if you drop the output to 750.

Z-man
03-30-2005, 04:21 PM
If you're shooting an E-Mag in E-mode I'd just stick with the 800psi output. There's really no reason to go higher IMHO. I don't think you'll have any problems with shootdown even if you drop the output to 750.

I meant to put this link is to that video I made on this subject

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154159

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Did you pay by credit card - return the item, and fight any restocking fee with your credit card company - its not a return because you dont want it, its a return ebcause its junk. Or talk to them and see if they will exchange it this time for something else (Crossfire) or credit towards a good adjustable (maxflo)

jenarelJAM
04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
thanks for the help guys. money is somewhat of an object, but im willing to shell out up to $300 for a good tank. if there's no way to do this other than an adjustable tank for $400, i have a feeling i'm going to cut my losses and buy a $200 crossfire preset, or possibly a pure energy because i've heard their output pressure i higher(but not sure, i havent really looked into it)
as far as the return goes, ive sent it back to them, and they are processing it. if they decide to be idiots and a problem occurs, visa is insured, so i dont have to be worried about the money coming back.
also, IS there a 4500 series flatline? all i've heard of it is that its great, but it only comes in a 3000 psi bottle. where are the 4500's sold?

TheTramp
04-12-2005, 08:31 AM
They did make a 4500psi tank system but it's not in production anymore. I don't know for a fact but I think either Tuna or Rouge might have NIB 4500 Flatlines still.

automikey
04-13-2005, 06:36 AM
My local shop was able to crank my X-stream all the way up to 800. Yipee.

Could someone post photos of the Air America Tanks, the CenterFlag tanks, the 4500 series Flatline, the Smart Parts Tanks, etc.? if you have them?

Also, a weight comparison? I'm trying to keep my setup light.

TheTramp
04-13-2005, 08:22 AM
I hate to be the one to say it but just search. All but the Flatline are commonly sold and are on PB store websites. Even the Flatline can be seen on AGD's site.

automikey
04-13-2005, 09:54 AM
OK, thanks. When I get all the info together I'll post it.