PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm going to get my Minimag up & running...need advice.

Pr0d1gy
03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I decided to get The Relic up & running & just use that for now. Here's the thread with pics if you're interested:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169905

Well, I need to know what problems I should expect to run into when trying to get this back up & running right. I still have the original oil & O-ring kit that came with the gun, but would they be too old to use? Keep in mind this stuff has been in a closet in my parents' house for 10 years. I can't wait to use this :shooting: cuz it is so :ninja: .

gothsqwd
03-24-2005, 08:53 PM
If you have a lot of oil, you can always try letting the orings soak in the oil for a while to try to get them fully revived. let them sit for an hour or two and then wipe off the excess.

If you don't have that much oil, try rubbing oil into the orings before you put them on the marker. Then oil it well through the ASA or valve air fitting. repeat a couple of times, then let sit for an hour or so, then repeat. This will revive the orings as much as is possible. If that doesn't work you'll have to get a new oring kit.

Pr0d1gy
03-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the tips. I can't wait to go play again (10 years since I played). If anyone else has any good advice please let me know.

One other thing. I got a tank from mad-medic here, along with reg & cradle, here and am not sure what I will need to do to get the air going on my gun. Will I need a gas handle thing up front or will I be able to just run the braided hose to the reg?? I have no idea how the air would be setup on a Mag. All I know is I got a peanut tank, cradle, and adjustable reg. for a stock Minimag.

Pr0d1gy
03-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Bump, anyone?

gothsqwd
03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
You can run the hose directly from the on/off or ASA to the valve, or you can run it to a gas thru grip and then another line from the grip to the valve. Either works. Jus remember if you're running direct to the valve that you need to make the loop long enough that the hose doesn't interfere with your grip.

Pr0d1gy
03-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Cool, Mad-Medic sold me his air tank (Crossfire peanut) with an adjustablt reg on it. He said I didn't even need an on/off because I could turn the reg down to 0psi. I really know nothing about it, but it sounds like it would make sense.

So I don't actually have to use a gas thru fore-grip? Interesting.