PDA

View Full Version : ULT Bolt Stick??

jewie27
03-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Since everyone has ignored my post that I made YESTERDAY.......

What do I do to stop my LX bolt from sticking (not fully reseting) when I shoot my ULT? I have 5 shims in there. 3 shims in my LX.

Chronobreak
03-24-2005, 10:45 PM
oil?

is it new? might need to be broken in a tad/more

also goto the largest carrier o-ring on lvlX that doesnt leak.

do you have a STOCK rt on/off?

that way i suggest getting the lvlX working fine THEN tuning ult... both untuned can be a mess figuring out

jewie27
03-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I've had my X-Valve with level 10 for a year. It's tuned fine. When I use ULT, it sticks. The ULT is only 2 weeks old and has barely been shot. It's oiled with Autolube.

tonybhall
03-25-2005, 07:05 AM
my whole team had the problem when our ULTs were new.

We found several factors that would cause bolt stick. I'll list then and you can see if any of these help you.

1. Need more shims in ult. (seems like 5 should be more than enough though.)

2. Frame Screws need adjusting. Next time it sticks, try adjusting the rear frame screw just a tad in either direction. See if that frees the bolt. Do you have a ULE body? If so, they are really easy to tourque if you don't have both frame screws tightened about the same. This can cause the body to be warped just a tad which will bind the bolt.

3. Lube the ULT really good and work it in and out a lot. Helps break in the orings.

We used to keep a quarter lodged in out grip and when the bolt would stick during a game, we'd use the quarter to push the trigger rod in and that would usually free it up too.

hope that helps

jewie27
03-25-2005, 10:08 PM
i have five shims in there now. Maybe the frame screw is too tight?? I have a Mini Warp body.