PDA

View Full Version : Any other Companies gonna do specially milled Extreme eMags? (Dye, etc)

DiRTyBuNNy
11-19-2001, 10:13 PM
Just wondered if Tom had been in contact with any other paintball companies to do specially milled Extreme eMags..like maybe Dye, or 32* Degrees...just wondering..(i have apprehensions about Dye doing an Extreme eMag because there stuff does tend to be a little trendy and expensive, in Cali at least, but their stuff is top notch and because of Earon Carter the milling designs are always beautiful)

JanStah
11-20-2001, 07:34 AM
Eclipse Emag! Eclipse Emag!

Pleeeeeeese!

Tom, if you havnt already, please send Jack Wood a few extreme bodies to mill around with; I'm sure the results will be special!

Jan.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-16-2002, 10:46 PM
I know that this thread has been quite dead for a while..but i just wanted to see if there was any news on let's say a Dye eXtreme eMag...

liigod
04-16-2002, 10:50 PM
from what eclipse said to my friend while he was in the eclipse store when he was in england, they will NEVER eclipse an emag cus they say they are blenders.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-16-2002, 10:54 PM
You'd think a company with a reputation as eclipse wouldn't say something totally ignorant like that...(Dirty, I found those comments to be offensive. Keep those thoughts to yourself - cphilip)

Snooky
04-16-2002, 11:23 PM
I would definetly buy an extreeme eclipse emag. who wouldn't?

BTAutoMag
04-17-2002, 09:40 AM
i want the emag extreem to stay with AGD. if people start making different mods on it and selling them thats a chunk out of toms profit.

thecavemankevin
04-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
i want the emag extreem to stay with AGD. if people start making different mods on it and selling them thats a chunk out of toms profit.

Yes, but look at the sheer number of cockers and angels out there that have all sorts of different company names on them too. This helps "individualize" the marker from the factory issued ones. In general this seems to be a big driving force in the paintball world. I have the adrenaline angel, oh i have the dark.....on and on.

Furthermore, think of it in terms of computers. Remember back in the 80's when Apple was the driving force and leader, then IBM (along with all of it's knock off's/clone systems took over). Companies like Dell, Gateway, Acer, HP, on and on. These other companies can give consumers exactly what they want sometimes a little bit better then the originator.

I personally would like to see other versions of the extreme out and about (other than Pro Team). Not saying i would purchase one, however it would increase the demand of the more "individualized" emag.

Evil Bob
04-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Actually, Jack Wood did probably the best review of the EMag in PGI that I've read to date, he likes the EMag alot, especially the trigger.

The quote about the EMag being a blender and that Eclipse won't work on it because of that fact I'll take as hearsay since its not first hand knowledge from Jack himself. Until I hear from the horse's mouth otherwise, I'll ignore what your friend said. I'll pop over to the PGI forums and ask Jack what he thinks about it.

-Evil Bob

MagDog68
04-17-2002, 01:19 PM
Not to be calling your friend a liar, but I find it hard to believe that any company would officially regard the E-Mag as "a blender." More likely than not you had some die-hard "cocker/angel" using salesperson who didn't think before he spoke. Unfortunately a large portion of Tournament wannabe player work in dealerships and love to trash talk the Mag. I can't tell you how many times I have been to Cousin's Paintball and heard them making outrageous statements about mag performance. It makes you realize why so many newbies have misconceptions about the gun.

~Fred

Originally posted by liigod
from what eclipse said to my friend while he was in the eclipse store when he was in england, they will NEVER eclipse an emag cus they say they are blenders.

p8ntballa
04-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Dirtybunny...., did you get the money order?

AGD
04-17-2002, 07:20 PM
There are several different gun customizers that once they saw "Bad Blue" the C&C Extreme, they said they would be interested. We told all of them including DYE that once we finished the internal mods, we would send them one to check out and think about customizing. I would say there is a very good chance you will see at least a few custom Extremes out there.

AGD

BTAutoMag
04-17-2002, 08:02 PM
but tom.... how could you

tranman
04-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Well even if AGD isn't selling the extremes under their name but under say DYE's, AGD is still making money by selling their parts to DYE, etc. And would you not rather have more mag users, i think that custom e-mags would attract more customers and more people shooting mags is always good to me!

DiRTyBuNNy
04-17-2002, 11:00 PM
YYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! The Great AGD has spoken!!

p.s. P8nt..nope..nothing yet...

liigod
04-17-2002, 11:26 PM
actually, it was a guy at eclipse who worships shockers who called emags a blender.

Bad Dave
04-18-2002, 01:21 AM
I would think it very likely that there would be an eclipse e mag made by planet, especially now the extreme is in the works.

the standard e-mag did not have enough to work on or with really, with AGD working on the internals only the milling annodising is left, hence the potential of the extreme.

Incidentally I can remember an article that Jack wrote a few years ago telling people that cockers had an unfounded reputation for chopping ( it was a mag vs cocker article) he said it was possible for both markers to chop. However in that day and age it was the mag that had the reputation for not chopping paint.