PDA

View Full Version : xvalve leak out barrel

padiwack
03-26-2005, 04:46 PM
im getting a leak out the barrel. when i lightly but not fully pull the trigger in, the leak stops, then when i let off it leaks again. I'll dry fire and sometimes it stops itself, but always goes back to the same leak after a few shots. Ive changed the reg seat, and that reduced the leak, but it still leaks kinda bad, causing short strokes every now and then too. is there a certain o-ring to change or spot that may need to be oiled more? thanks for the help

Andrew Cunje
03-27-2005, 01:46 PM
you need to drop a carrier size...

also do us all a favor

pull the trigger and hold it...
does the leak stop?
if not where is it leakign from...

alsoif changing the o-ring in the middle of your on/off doesnt fix that leak and a carrier doesnt... get bcak to us...

it coudl be a cracked power tube...DOUBTFUL since the leak stops...but it would also be a problem that we recently had with our entire power tube...we bought a new tac-one...and it had been doing just that...we took it to agdrob...and he checked everythign and then tested it for the powertube(silver part) leak...and sure enoguh it was that...he took it apart and found our horribly mangled o-ring(one that they dont sell) so we are shipping it off to agd.

padiwack
03-27-2005, 02:06 PM
pulling the trigger and holding it stops the leak. I'll try those other fixes and get back to you.

padiwack
03-27-2005, 03:31 PM
ok i switched carriers and added a shim when before there was no shims in the power tube. The leak reduced quite a bit, but there still is a hiss coming out of the barrel. any other suggestions? I really appreciate the help, thank you.

VFX_Fenix
03-27-2005, 03:38 PM
more shims and/or smaller carrier

The reason the leak is stopping when you press the trigger is because you've closed the on/off and the flash chamber isn't being recharged anymore. Might check your carrier O-Ring to see if it's been nicked as well if changing the carriers doesn't do it for ya.

Andrew Cunje
03-28-2005, 12:16 AM
he is right...if your leak doesnt stop with a step smaller on teh arrier....then u might have a busted o-ring.....but if the problem persists...try those other solutions...thus far we have narrowed it to your power tube...ill keep on checkin back till you get it fixed ;)

Andrew Cunje
03-28-2005, 12:17 AM
also...on average on here...the majority of the guys are running 2 shims in the power tube...i have from day one...same with my boys gun...no porblems with it...so i recomend the same

padiwack
03-28-2005, 11:40 AM
i actually ran out of shims, so i was trying to find some from a friend or hidden in my paintball cabinet.. thanks for your help guys, i really appreciate it. I'll let u know when i find a few more shims, until then i'll keep playing with the shims and hopefully have it fixed for the event this weekend.

padiwack
03-28-2005, 12:40 PM
ok i found a shim and dropped a carrier size, put it all in, aired up and there was no leak! heres the thing though, after shooting a while sometimes the trigger sticks.. i can pull the trigger but it doesnt shoot, then i need to degass and gas it back up to make it shoot again, then it sticks again. i went up one carrier size and it did the same leak as before. is there a way i can get rid of the trigger sticking or not shooting like that?

rb211
03-28-2005, 09:36 PM
How many shims do you have in it?

padiwack
03-29-2005, 02:38 AM
2 in the power tube

rb211
03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
What do you mean when you say "the trigger sticks"? Is there pressure behind the trigger or is it limp? Or are you talking about your bolt sticking forward? If the trigger has pressure behind it, try increasing your velocity. Drop back to the carrier that wasn't leaking and oil the heck out of it. Make sure that you dont damage the carrier o-ring, douse that one with oil too before you slide it in to your power tube. Gas it up and dry fire it to death. You have to break the o-ring in. Keep switching to a smaller carrier if it starts to leak again.

I'm on the #1 carrier and 2 shims.

Carbon Blue
03-31-2005, 02:29 AM
not too sure but have you tried oiling the on/off assembly? the pin could be sticking