PDA

View Full Version : what the heck is wrong with my HALO???

rayc
03-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Halo worked.........took apart to install rip drive........put it back together.......doesn't power up anymore.......What the heck is going on????????? I followed all the directions and can't figure out what's wrong. please help.....

VFX_Fenix
03-27-2005, 03:17 AM
you might have pinched a wire when you screwed the shell halves together, in which case you'll need to take the thing appart then resplice the damaged wire. I'd advise using a e-tape, but soldering would give a better result with a little shrink tube over the patch.

rayc
03-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks, I'll check and see if I pinched something. Maybe I should buy one of those "Coldheat" solder guns.....AS SEEN ON TV :D

Blennidae
03-27-2005, 04:12 PM
You might also check the direction the connectors are in. Its easy to put them on in the wrong direction, since they will connect both ways.

TSalPaintball
03-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Do not buy a Cold Heat, they do not work. I hope you can figure out what is wrong.

VFX_Fenix
03-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Have you ever used one? I can say it looks like it'd be a lot better for doing a quick patch job than a traditional iron which takes days to warm up... at least mine does :tard:

ben-afficial
04-07-2005, 10:19 AM
my halo b is experiencing the same problem...there is a pinched wire that is now exposed....would that make the battery heat up to the point of melting...cuz mine did :dance:

93civiccpe
04-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey,
If you have exposed wire then please resplice, use heat shrink wrap or a good coating of electrical tape.. lol. If a battery is metling the you have a problem

As for the cold-heat soldering irons, if you get a good one they do work. I think they are sold at Radio Shack now or something. I've used one once, and it is great for smaller wires like that. For more industrial sized stuff then you need a real soldering iron. Personally I just use a regular one anyways.

ben-afficial
04-07-2005, 10:58 AM
i agree on the iron jiggy....and thanks for the ?info? :dance:

ben-afficial
04-08-2005, 10:15 AM
tobad it didnt work :mad:

rayc
04-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I just installed a new board, and that didn't fix the problem. I can't find any exposed or pinched wire either. If I understand it right, this would have to be a problem with either the board, or the motor wiring, correct? The sensor wiring wouldn't effect it powering up would it? Either way I can't find any damaged wiring. Should I just send it in to Odyssey? Anyone had good luck with that?

I just figured out what was wrong. There was some type of problem with the fitting that snaps onto the battery case. I snipped the wires, and touched them directly to the positive and negative on the battery case and it started right up. Tomorrow I'll go to Radio Shack and buy a new 9 volt snap on piece and some shrink tubing and I should be set.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

ben-afficial
04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
i did the same thing but it stopped working after a minute...,.bummer :dance: