PDA

View Full Version : Bunker rubs, splatter and kneels

abunkerer
03-27-2005, 12:16 PM
It seems that every tournament I play lately, I keep getting called out for at least one of these. With all the paint flying around the field, and all the people "playing on" refs are starting pull people for anything that resembles a hit.

Bunker rubs, especially if the rub is on the hopper... or if you lean into a bunker and get one on your hip and it has some shell on it. your pulled.

Spatter..easy to get a lot of splatter with todays guns.

Kneeling on balls behind a bunker, if a fresh one breaks on your knee then it looks like a fresh hit.

yesterday the game came down to a 1 on 1, I was in the dorito and their back was lighting my bunker up, yelling "Get out! Get out! Get him out" I wasnt going anywhere because I wasn't hit, well he kept shooting and I snapped out and put one right on his face. He was called out and I grabbed the flag and started to walk it for the hang. He starts in on the whole "I know I shot him" line, and the refs checked me and I had a bunker rub on my hopper and they called me out.
I explained that I was not hit and showed the refs where I picked up the paint, but I didn't feel like getting into an argument, but believe me, It was complete bull poop, I know I was not hit and the rub was not even the same color of paint that they were shooting. We lost the points for the pull & hang, which knocked us out of the semis.

So, aside from "staying clean" what do you do to keep this from happening to you?

tony3
03-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Any decent ref can usually tell the difference, if they can't, just call the ref to your bunker and inform him that you have paint on your knees and not call you out on it if possible.

Enraged Monk
03-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I can relate to you, but theres not much, that i can think of, that keeps it from happening.

Chronobreak
03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
bunkers backsides should be cleaned after every game

trynot to lay on paint.

most qualified refs can tell a fresh hit from a bunker rub, and laying on paint would be mre of a goopy mess than a splatter

but refs arent gonna spend time trying to be a csi investigator.

i dont know what to say but get over it and let it go.

i would however at the minimum suggest that they wipe the bunkers clean after games.

FSU_Paintball
03-27-2005, 04:58 PM
That could have all been solved quickly if you pointed out that they weren't even shooting that color paint.

MarkM
03-27-2005, 07:17 PM
That could have all been solved quickly if you pointed out that they weren't even shooting that color paint.

That doesn't fly because the answer we always give to a ref if they ask what colour paint we are firing is "All of them!".

flyinasian016
03-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I always show the closest ref rub, spray or kneel before i even think about shooting. I dont ever want to have a 1 for 1 because i "played on". So just let the ref know, dont yell at him, just get the closest ref show him the spot whre the paint is on you and the spot where you got it from DURING the game and they should wipe it off for you. If not, they can always vouch that they knew it was there..

Lohman446
03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
There are a lot of good points. If I am in a situation where it is iffy I call a ref over. I have found that about half of the refs around here can be told this is a rub and just nod and agree with you - regardless of where the paint came from. The others tend to look and make sure it was

personman
03-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Better safe than sorry eh?

gc82000
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
I have a similar story to that. In the last league day. I was in the first game in our division and at the snake I slid into some balls of paint. Knowing I was not hit, I went to move around the corner. And about half way around the corner I was stopped and checked called clean, but this was when I was in the open. So once the ref called clean I was lit up by two of their players.

I got mad told the ref that it was an unfair call and explained that I should not have been stopped i the open. He said he was wrong apologized. And we continued to play a great day.
Man bad calls will happen, refs are only only human too, you know. It sucks we all know but man you just got to move on.

Kallahan
03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I had one ref who almost pulled me due to bunker rub on my barrel, he figured it out when I poped out the other side of the bunker and my barrel matched the bunker sludge like camo.

Lohman446
03-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Better safe than sorry eh?

Umm don't ask me how I know but a lot of refs if you call them over before they are coming because of the other team yelling, point to paint and point to paint roughly in the same heigh area on the bunker will wipe it off, or ignore it, regardless of where the paint on you or your equipment actually came from.

gc82000
03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
kind of makes you wish they sprayed down bunkers after every game, eh.

firebanex
03-27-2005, 11:07 PM
never been called out on rub YET. but I was almost called out for a redish/pink oval shaped sticker (Derder) on my hopper. had a little disagreement with the ref but he realized it was a sticker when he was running over to pull me and said sorry your still in.

HarrysSon
03-28-2005, 04:12 AM
every several issues, APG has articles about bunker rubs and cheaters...i hope u guys read that :p

abunkerer
03-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Harry, enlighten me...