PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts Barrels

Rusty_Jones
11-20-2001, 05:29 AM
Hey everyone, The other day I was cleaning up my gear after playing and showing my buddy Jason how to strip and clean a mag. He asked about my 16" All American and my 14" Freak as he was holding them. He asked how long they were. So I told him. He asked "Are you sure?". Of course I'm sure of how long my barrels are. Then he put them next to each other. Here's where my question for anyone who owns any Smart Parts barrels comes in. Have you ever measured them?
I measured mine. The All American is in fact 16" long.
The Freak however is 15 1/2" long. So, go measure your barrels if you own a smart parts. I wanna know just how many people are using barrels that aren't the size they're supposedly are.

Mind you this doesn't bug me one bit, I actually find it rather ammusing. I'm still gonna call em up and rail on em until they send me a proper front to make my barrel 14"(also gonna rail on em about how I got NO stickers either, NO STICKERS! What's this world coming to when you can't even get a stupid sticker with your gear?!?).

Anyways, post some results for me so I know if my barrels are a fluke or if they really do screw up all the time....

davej946
11-20-2001, 08:36 AM
I have a SP AA 14" Stainless that is longer than 14". Correct me if I'm wrong, bt all mag barrels are ~2" longer than the advertised length because of the twist-lock system. Someone who knows better than I do?

cphilip
11-20-2001, 08:43 AM
The Freaks for mags end up longer because all Freak systems use the same tip reguardless of the back type. If you want a 14 inch overall Freak system on a Mag then get a "12 inch" Tip. A 12 inch overall Freak? get the "10 inch" tip. That will get you close anyway or about 1/2 inch shy. Strange but true...

There is already lots of this info on exact measurements already here on AO. Know how to find it? Thats right! DO A SEARCH!!!! :D

XspyX
11-20-2001, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Know how to find it? Thats right! DO A SEARCH!!!! :D

Woah! Somebody got slammed!

He eh :cool:

cphilip
11-20-2001, 09:34 AM
Oh well sorry I thought I was being polite and helpful...

Anyway there is even a post somewhere on here where I layed three types of tips side by side and included ruler in the picture along with measurements of each them. That was my real purpose in getting him to search at that time as I didn't have time to look for it for him right then. Not to slam him or anything. That would be ....well...Rude!

mitch
11-20-2001, 03:29 PM
i got a 14" aa and it is 14"
i have a mag too.