PDA

View Full Version : Need help from CA AO

Snap Shooter
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Just had a friend get ripped off on a marker purchase. He purchased a marker from an E-bay seller : Vinh Nguyen 11340 Elmcrest Ave, El Monte, Ca. Funny thing is the dude had perfect feedback.. over 70 and he had previously sold some markers... My friend purchased it on March 7. My friend sent a money order and it was cashed on March 11th, then on March 13th the seller sent an E-mail stating all his paintball items were stolen. OK fine. Seller claimed he sent a personal check to reimberse my friend (were talking $420 total here). No check received. He stated he would cancel that check and send another. Still no reimbursement.. and the dude will not respond to emails or phone calls (626-443-9550). Just wondering if anyone from the AO community in CA could offer any assistance on this.
Info of the seller once again is ..

Vinh Nguyen
11340 Elmcrest Ave
El Monte, CA
626-443-9550
lvstarpower@yahoo.com

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Z-man
03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
That is a bit north of Highway 10 east of Alhambra in LA. The zip code down there would be 91732-1805 I believe. Got the link to the ebay auction?

Snap Shooter
03-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Link to auction....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7138840359&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

SpecialBlend2786
03-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Thats pretty weird. perfect feedback, accepts paypal w/ buyer protection and everything too.

anyway, it looks like he's about 2 hours away from me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/SpecialBlend2786/map.bmp

Snap Shooter
03-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Yea, the guy looks like a stand up guy and my freind has been really patient with him... at one point my friend called his house and spoke to someone claiming to be his brother and just generally said he would have "Vince" to call my friend back... that never happened. My buddy is just trying to get through this without having to file a police report... but it's not looking good.

Steelrat
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, problem #1 is that almost all of his feedback is from sellers...not good.

Problem #2 (potentially) is that there was a guy in the LA area named "Vincent" who ripped off an incredible number of people on PBN a while back.

If he doesnt send anything, its definately wire fraud, but the problem is getting anyone to follow up on it. Tell your friend to send an email warning the guy that he will leave bad feedback, report him to ebay, and notify the appropriate authorities. But he may want to try a few more emails, since the best option is just to have the guy send the money. Also offer to have him refund it via paypal so there is no more chance of a "lost check."

Almeister
03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
You should call the El Monte police and file a report, give them all his information that you have. If the address is legit they will go by his house and contact him. I guarantee this guy will call you back after that. I had a similar problem with an ebay seller before and after I sent the cops to his house he called me right away and gave me my money back via overnight mail. I saw that the auction has Paypal buyer protection so you should get your money back but Paypal usually sucks at that from what I've heard. If your friend paid by credit card have them call their credit card company and file for non-reciept of merchandise and they will refund your money and they will go after the dead beat seller. I hope that helps. ;)

gortman44
03-27-2005, 10:52 PM
El Monte. well i live in covina and its not to bad of a drive to get there. maybe twenty min.. And if you give me some time i could get a ride out there to check this guy out. Ill have my team go with me too, so if any fishy stuff happens then we can run in and grab all his paintball stuff :D . pm me and let me know. hope i can help you out.

p.s. my mom wont let me get my license so that is why i have to get a ride. :rolleyes: . dont tell anyone. they might make fun of me.

Snap Shooter
03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Guys.. Thanks for all of your help. My friend has filed a preliminary report with the El Monte PD... I hope this takes care of the situation. If not then Gort, I will def be in contact with you and your team... ;)

Thanks.

jewie27
03-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Guys.. Thanks for all of your help. My friend has filed a preliminary report with the El Monte PD... I hope this takes care of the situation. If not then Gort, I will def be in contact with you and your team... ;)

Thanks.

My advice guys, is to NOT get physically involved with this guy...

You don't know who you are dealing with. Seriously. Let the police handle it.

I also want to let you know it's easy to file a complaint with Ebay. Tell your buddy to go on Ebay and file a claim.

jewie27
03-28-2005, 02:02 AM
LOL, I just emailed the seller through Ebay asking him "where is the refund check for the supposed "stolen" Timmy?

Big Weapons
03-28-2005, 03:03 AM
LOL, I just emailed the seller through Ebay asking him "where is the refund check for the supposed "stolen" Timmy?

Yeah thanks for helping. Cough.

Hopefully the authorities do it right.

Vex
03-28-2005, 05:01 AM
El Monte. well i live in covina and its not to bad of a drive to get there. maybe twenty min.. And if you give me some time i could get a ride out there to check this guy out. Ill have my team go with me too, so if any fishy stuff happens then we can run in and grab all his paintball stuff :D . pm me and let me know. hope i can help you out.

p.s. my mom wont let me get my license so that is why i have to get a ride. :rolleyes: . dont tell anyone. they might make fun of me.
I'm from West Covina, which is only about 15 mins. away, but unfortunately I currently live in Arkansas. I'd love to help dude, but there's nothing I can do for you, sorry! :(

SCpoloRicker
03-28-2005, 12:10 PM

Pointsandlaugh!

Best of luck getting this resolved Snap. I would also advise against anyone confronting seller in person. Just a bad idea from the onset.

xXHavokXx
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
find an italian food restauant. look for the guys in the shady corner wearing expensive 3 piece suits, tell them youll give them half the money....badda bing badda boom he sleeps witht he fishes.