PDA

View Full Version : cp or freek that is the quiestion!

nelf
11-20-2001, 10:40 AM
Looking for input on barrel kits!

Have heard good things on both cp and freak kit.
Which one is better, more durable, more acurate?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks for any info
Nelf

If this helps
I whant to use it on
Automag powerfeed
Air
retrovalve
inteli frame

PsychoMag
11-20-2001, 11:34 AM
DEFINITELY THE FREAK, MUCH MORE VERSATILE, AND CHEAPER THAN THE CP. $200 vs $350? THE FREAK GIVES YOU BASICALLY 8 BACKS OVER THE CP's 3. THE CP DOES OFFER YOU 5 TIPS, BUT REALISTICALLY HOW MANY TIPS DO YOU REALLY NEED. A SHORTY 10" OR 12", AND A 14" OR 16" DEPENDING ON YOUR STYLE.
JUST BUY A SECOND TIP AND YOU'RE STILL SAVING $$.

AND DONT FORGET THE VERSATILITY OF THE FREAK. CHANGE THE BACK TO ADAPT TO ANY MARKER. YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE WITH THE CP, THATS 3 BACKS. WASTE OF $$.

JUST MY $.02

SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I JUST NOTICED THEY WERE ON :)

Russ
11-20-2001, 01:03 PM
I've been asking myself the very same question as of late. I'm right now leaning towards the CP kit, with 5 backs and 1 tip. It's MSRP is $250. A kit with 3 backs and 1 tip goes for $175. A freak set, with a stainless steel back and a colored tip goes for around $235.

I have been able to handle a CP set, and the quality is top notch. I also like the idea that the control bore (the back) is the same diameter all the way through, but in the freak the ball drops into a large diameter, then gets pushed into the control bore. I don't like that step in the freak system.

http://www.customproducts-az.com/kits.html

Xzion
11-20-2001, 04:52 PM
I personally love my freak barrel, with the right matched insert, you can really shoot darts, works flawlessly for me. As for the CP version, I havnt had the chance to try them, so I cant really give an opinion on it. but for now, I wouldnt trade my freak for the world :D

nelf
11-20-2001, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all the info :)

As for lengths is it

10 - 12" short game

14 - 16" Sniper

I have all so heard that a longer barrel uses more air!
Is that correct?

Sorry for all the stupid question
And thanks again
Nelf
:p

big_scott
11-21-2001, 04:44 PM
You are wrong, the freak has the control(tight fitting)
bore first , thats where the insert goes, then then there
is a step to a large .700 acceleration bore(that the tip)
And the inserts do go the length of the barrel back just
like the CP.

The only advantage the CP has over the Freak
is the CP has an actual SS back for a smoother control surface where the freak merely has Annodized alluminum sleeves.

I have a freak and love it. I personally like the looks, especially with an SS back, better on the freak. Also you have the choice of different types of tips, I have an All American tip and and an extra Freak tip for rainy days(the frek tip has fewer holes)

Russ
11-21-2001, 06:15 PM
First off, welcome to AO, big_scott!

But now I must disagree with you.

First, the Freak insert for the Automag does not go all the way to the end of the barrel. The area where the ball drops and where the nubbins protrude remains constant, that is the insert is after where the ball drops. This is unlike all the other Freak systems. Think or it, how would the ball be able to drop into the barrel unless each Freak insert had a perpendicular hole that was keyed to the back?

Second, ALL the CP backs are made of aluminum, CP doesn't make, or has ever made, stainless steel backs for their barrels.