PDA

View Full Version : HPA Regulators??

NakedMonkee
03-28-2005, 03:06 AM
I've got an ACI Bulldog fixed output 800 psi. And I was wondering is there a regulator I can attach to the end of this to lower the output to 700-750 psi? I just got a Xvalve and seen that's AGD's reccomended operating range for the LVL10 upgrade. I don't have 360 bucks to blow on a brand new tank with adjustable regulator, so my second question would be. Does anyone know where I could get a reasonably priced tank with an adjustable psi output?

jenarelJAM
03-28-2005, 03:36 AM
seriously dude, stick with what you have. im going through the exact(well almost) same thing as you wth my new emag and am actually trying to get Higher pressure air than i have. i bought a nitro duck tank because its "guaranteed adjustblae" and was only 233$. DONT BUY IT! its a POS. you do realize tht the xvalve is rated for 3000 psi direct input right? i dont see any reason to lower your input pressure. more pressure makes for a mroe reactive trigger. if anything, you should want a higher pressure. anyways, to answer your question, my suggestion would be to (if you're running it on a non emag/xmag) to switch out the front grip with an inline reg. im not sure what a good one is, becuase ive never needed to buy one, but you could go to pbgear.com and see what they have there. they have a great selection and the cheapest prices that ive seen. unfortunately they have alot of stuff out of stock alot of the time. hope this helps...

athomas
03-28-2005, 08:19 AM
AGDs recommended input is 750psi or higher. The higher the input the more quickly the valve recharges. Most 850psi output tanks work wonderfully on the xvalves.

NigelF
03-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Trying to lower the input pressure by only 50 or 100psi isnt neccasarily going to yield very consistent results. I believe most regs operate best when their input pressure is 200 or so psi above what they are trying to regulate down to. I think you'll be fine sticking with the preset 800 psi from the tank.

Nigel F

NUCKING FUTS!
03-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I have a similar question.

I currently have a Crossfire 68/4500 HP, which has an output of 825 psi. I was thinking of getting an adjustable so that i could mess around with reactivity. Someone offered to trade his Armageddon 68/4500 (5 year hydro, good cond) straight up for my Crossfire. Is it worth the extra weight of the Armageddon to have adjustable pressure? Or would the Crossfire make it reactive enough already?

Its an X-valve with ULT, BTW.

undescriptive
03-28-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm currently running a crossfire with an X-valve and ULT...

while I can't (and don't want too) have it go into rapid fire, it is very reactive (shooting @ 14-15bps on the chrono consistently) and is a pleasure to shoot....
the only downside is that the higher pressure means that the pull is a bit heavier (compared to my fiancee's ULT'd e-mag valve - which doesn't have so many shims in)

I could just be chatting junk, but that's how it seems to me :D

athomas
03-29-2005, 10:32 AM
I
...the only downside is that the higher pressure means that the pull is a bit heavier (compared to my fiancee's ULT'd e-mag valve - which doesn't have so many shims in)

The input pressure does not affect the force of the trigger pull. The input pressure only affects the return force on the trigger (ie; charge rate).

It is recommended that you maintain at least 200 psi between high pressure regulators for them to function properly.

Little_Ho
03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi
i did a little while ago a thread which i shoot my mag with an Armageddon output set to 1000PSI.... here is the Link:

Need ROF help (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170230)

Check it out...I think the Armageddon switch is worth every cent if you want more recativity

lol

NakedMonkee
03-31-2005, 03:30 AM
Thanks guys, when I get my tank back from hydro'in i'll just hang on to it!

jewie27
03-31-2005, 04:56 AM
DO NOT ever add a second regulator to any 'Mag what so ever. Just screw in a tank and you are set to go. The 'Mag has a built in regulator in the valve. Adding another reg can starve your gun, triple regulation is unneccessary.

850 goes into the gun from the tank, the valve regulator drops it below 450 psi automatically. The 850 going into the valve is what also kicks the trigger back for you on a X-Valve. The higher the input, the more reactivity you get.

jewie27
03-31-2005, 04:59 AM
I have a similar question.

I currently have a Crossfire 68/4500 HP, which has an output of 825 psi. I was thinking of getting an adjustable so that i could mess around with reactivity. Someone offered to trade his Armageddon 68/4500 (5 year hydro, good cond) straight up for my Crossfire. Is it worth the extra weight of the Armageddon to have adjustable pressure? Or would the Crossfire make it reactive enough already?

Its an X-valve with ULT, BTW.

If you want reactivity, first off; dump the ULT. The stock trigger with a high input beats the crap outta the ULT for ROF. Unless you play tournies.

I would take the Armageddon if I were you. I set my AGD Flatline to 850 - 900 psi and get mad trigger bounce. I estimate 15 bps on rapidfire. All I do is hold the trigger halfway back and it goes on it's own. Kinda like the same thing that you can do on a WGP Karnivore. (Sweetspot)