PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone NOT have a problem with their mag?

MadPSIence
03-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Just testing the water.. I've got a custom mag on order and after reading this section I'm probably more scared than someone shaking a bottle full of chlorine and alcohol. :ninja:

athomas
03-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Mags are quite reliable. I have three. They always work and never let me down.

wageslave
03-28-2005, 08:32 AM
There are over 24,000 registered users on this forum. How many of them are posting about problems with their markers? My point is that people who don't have problems don't make posts describing how well their marker works (typically). After all, this *is* the tech forum...people aren't going to post here saying "my marker works, no extra tuning needed, not planning on any upgrades right now, thanks, bye."

I work at a place with a lot of computers (over 10,000). If 10 hard drives fail, people suddenly start thinking that they are crappy hard drives...but if that's 10 failures out of something like 1,000 hard drives by that manufacturer, is a one percent failure rate that bad? No, that's actually quite good.

Sorry for the crappy analogy. The vast majority of Automag users are very happy with their markers, I am sure. I know I am! :D

BigEvil
03-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Nothing to worry about bro,

Just remember, there is a learning curve to almost every new peice of PB equipment you will ever buy. Mags are no exception. Once you learn how things work, what does what, and how to tech them you will say "Duh" to yourself.

Most of the people who post a problem in the tech forum, are asking questions because they are learning. It is very rare to be truly 'stumped' by a problem with any kind of mag.

Spacemanvic
03-28-2005, 11:39 AM
No worries mate!

My Automag is almost 10 years old. I just oiled/gassed it up after having it sit still for almost 3 years in my basement. Not even so much as a leak!! These guns are reliable pieces of metal. I really dont think you can do better by way of a gun purchase (well, Tippmanns customer service is legendary and I have used them - all good).

Now, as with all guns, there is a break in period for the gun to gun owner that depends on how much time you invest. But really, Mags are BY FAR, among the simplest designed markers out there and the easiest to maintain and use. My old school mag is getting a facelift, and Im getting rid of the Tippy A5 I just got (momentary lapse of reason). Cant wait to take on the young bucks.....

Just testing the water.. I've got a custom mag on order and after reading this section I'm probably more scared than someone shaking a bottle full of chlorine and alcohol. :ninja:

Eric Cartman
03-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I've been shooting a mag for at least 10 years now and have never had it go down while playing. Maintenance is very easy and the marker is extremely reliable. Now that the Level 10 and the ULT are available, people like to tinker with their setups and that's where a lot of the problems come from. I got my level 10 broken in and set up my ULT with the number of shims I like. The only thing I ever do now is run a few drops of oil through it every other time I play.

You've got nothing to worry about :cheers:

Paintmanmike
03-28-2005, 04:01 PM
MadPSIence,

Like all markers the Mag takes a little time to dial in but unlike other markers once you get it right it can be relied upon. That does not mean there is no maintenance to do, clean it well and put a few drops of oil thorugh it after cleaning and when you next gas it up is needed.

And the Lvl 10 bolt seal will leak after some time, when it does you change to the next half size down and it stops leaking until it wears more. This is a part that doies wear out, when the seal will not stay tight with the smallest carrier you start a new o-ring at the largest carrier that will not leak and begin the sequence again.

Replace all the seals need to be replaced once a year or so is good practice.

I've gone more than a year without any more than oil and a Lvl 10 sequence and no broken balls! That is worth a lot of the field.

kevdupuis
03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
We've never had a complaint with any we've sold plus our personal mags haven't had a real problem, just standard lvl10 tuning.

richie
03-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Have three mags and never had a problem.Biggest problem I have is they are on the shelf more than on the field :D

onedude36
03-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Mags=set it and forget it :D I still have to set mine

yes I saw that on an old comercial. :D

AGD202
03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
i have never in my life had a problem with any of my mags.... xcept when i was tuning the Level 10 bolts

gamer
03-28-2005, 07:28 PM
my original mag will be 10 years old this summer, the only thing i done to it was ansi phaseII valve and new bolt,( always shot great except cold weather on co2) bought another one about a month ago and love it and just bought an rt pro that shouuld be here anytime.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I have been customizing my Mech Mag for a year and it is a Rippen Beast. I can play for 26 hour games and never break a ball. and when i do have a ball break, it is so far and in between, i can tell you where, when and why!

Tom Kaye thought of everything when he made these markers. They are the best made marker on the playing field. I ask other marker owners if they even know the name of the guy that makes there guns, have they ever met them, played with them? NOT!

I can say I have, And so can you!

These are our AGD Team E-Mags and X-Mags and Mech/Mags

Eric and Marco Team Captains

Team Extreme Measures

http://teamextrememeasures.com/v-web/gallery/albums/Arsenal/Eric.thumb.jpg

http://teamextrememeasures.com/v-web/gallery/albums/Arsenal/mymag.thumb.jpg

http://teamextrememeasures.com///xmag12.jpg

http://teamextrememeasures.com///Ericswebemag.jpg

D-Block
03-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Its all about that break-in period man. I about sold mine the first week I had it, but after a couple of tanks through it, it finally started working. Tuning everything can be a pain at first, but after that learning/break-in period, a few drops of oil will do for an entire day of play.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Know when to give up and Send it to TUNA!!!

He is the MAN!!!

Eric

danheneise
03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
i no longer have problems, it just took a while for me to tune my ULT and L10 correctly, especially for it being in a classic valve. other than that, i've never hadd to replace an o-ring even with using co2, and i've had it for probably about 1 1/2 - 2 years

Z-man
03-28-2005, 08:43 PM

Consider also that when you go to the tech forum, you are going to go where all the problems are. Go to any user group and look in their tech section and you can read all day about all the problems each gun is having. It does not mean they are unrealiable or whatnot, it means that everyone with a problem comes here to get it solved.

rb211
03-28-2005, 09:33 PM

Dont sweat it. Once you learn the gun (which won't take long!!), you'll look back on your post and laugh. I have had a Mag for over 12 years and it has never let me down. 3 things to remember when you have a mag, clean it, oil it, and laugh at all the electros when they stop working :shooting:

tonybhall
03-29-2005, 08:25 AM
no problems with mine. :shooting:

VFX_Fenix
03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Initial learning curve and set-up, beyond that mine's shot like a champ.

Vigilantrix
03-30-2005, 09:40 AM
I recently got my first Mag and it was a pain for a bit. I got the ULE RT Custom with ULT trigger kit installed & Intelliframe. The Level 10 bolt was a bit frustraiting to set-up, as it requires a bit of trial and error till you get it right.

My one piece of advice is not to overtighten the rear frame/valve screw (whatever you guys call it, I'll get all the Mag lingo down sooner or later). This has caused so much frustration for me. My trigger wouldn't kick back and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, this solved all my problems. So I got it working fantastic now, all you really have to do is tune that Level 10 bolt and feed the gun some oil.

Overall I am pleased with my purchase. I have shot primarily Cockers for the past 3 years, so I was was ready for a new mechanical challenge. If you have little trouble tech-ing other "complicated" guns like the Cocker, it should only be a short while before you completely understand the Mag inside and out too. Read manuals, do research, you shouldn't have a problem!

Scott Hudnall
03-30-2005, 10:03 AM
I've got 3 mags. None have the L10 or the ULT. Some people like 'em with those add on's, but I like mine the way they are. Most of the tuning frustrations are with those items. The stock on/off and using a foamie stock bolt will do ya just fine.

no problems, no hassles....set it and forget it. your velocity will stay consistent also, from the end of one season to the start of the next, even if you just keep your mag in your equipment bag all winter and don't touch it.

undescriptive
03-30-2005, 10:55 AM
I have 3 mags as well, and I'm picking a 4th up in 2 weeks time...

I have the ULT and LVL10 in 2 of my markers and they were a joy to set (though it was pretty straight forward) and since I have get them set, I have never had a problem with any of them....

the new mag is going to a real oldschool delight including the 3.5Oz vert CO2 expansion chamber!

I might put a bunch of ceramic beads in there too to help get the CO2 into it's gas form as well, but I digress!!

LONG live my mags!

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 11:25 AM

Your in a forum by AGD in the section devoted to troubleshooting that has existed since (how long has AO existed?) and your surprised to find people who have :gasp: problems posting? :D

But seriously, once you get to know your gun, there pretty intuitive, a little breaking in of the LX and the ULT and you'll be good to go. You're on the right path, cause you have probably no read about almost every remotely likely problem

jackbauer
03-31-2005, 12:55 AM

go to www.zakveeter.com and watch the video of him putting the marker in a bucker of water and then shooting it and stuff. should make you feel better. :rolleyes:

Z-man
03-31-2005, 12:58 AM
go to www.zakveeter.com and watch the video of him putting the marker in a bucker of water and then shooting it and stuff. should make you feel better. :rolleyes:

"Vetter" http://www.zakvetter.com/ thanks for the props though ;)

txaggie08
03-31-2005, 01:24 AM
added it up the other day and im actualy pushing nin years with my classic. never had an issue with it(actualy barely ever even lubed it so)

Miscue
03-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Problems I've had were problems I caused - and fixed. Otherwise, my Mags have been as reliable as can be.

new_guy
04-16-2005, 01:19 AM
I have two mags, and I've never had any serious problems with them. The only thing I can recall in the 8 yrs I've been a proud owner is shooting the heck out of my 68 clasic running co2 and having it freeze up. There was one time in a tourney I was cleaning up inbetween rounds, I pulled the valve out and my on/off shot out. Found the bottom and pin, but the top was gone. Luckily we had a few other mag owners on our team who were more prepared then I was. Got a replacement on/off top and I was good to go. Dang good guns, extremely dependable, just remember a little oil will go a long way.

treeguy1
04-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I started playing in '94, started with an old pump (tracer), went to a vm68, then to a 'cocker, then finally to a mag. I now own one ebladed cocker (which hasn't been used in over a year), and three different mags. Two of my mags are over ten years old and I've never had any problems with them. The most I've ever had to do is replace valve o-rings and the occasional foamie or nubbin. My e-mag has never has any issues. The board is outstanding, the level ten does what it's supposed to...shoots straight and is one fast little b#tch.
Once you buy your mag you will never use anything else.

Nobody077
04-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Got my mag New in 1995, since that time I have installed 1 o-ring kit and the marker has shoot over 100cases of paint 60-70 cases was from the time we got 2500 balls to a case, and I ran my mag on Co2. I would love to see that done on another brand marker.

BEEFYDAN
05-05-2005, 07:43 PM
All I know is that I've had my mag since 97 and Ive never had one problem with it. Ive played the hell out of it too. Over 15,000 rounds that I counted last year. I think that Ive put upwards of 75,000 rounds through it and it still runs like its brand new. I am serious when ive said that ive had no problems. I clean and oil it after every game and its never froze up or broke down. Anyways thats my plug for AGD.

tipp-ed off
05-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I have never had a problem besides a crappy Dye tank not providing enough pressure for my RT pro...But thats not the Mags fault is it.

alooney11
05-07-2005, 01:54 AM
you will have the LEAST problems (if any) out of any gun on the market, GAAAAARRRRROOOONNNNTEEEEEEEEEEEEDD.