PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Original RT oring sizes

boomhowe
03-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey, I've got a classic RT that I'm rebuilding, and rather than spending $25 on a parts kit, I was planning on just buying the individual orings that I need. Does anyone know of a list of the sizes of the orings? Any help will be appreciated.

Dayspring
03-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Remember to get 90 durometer orings. ALL of them.

boomhowe
03-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Remember to get 90 durometer orings. ALL of them.

Thanks for the info :) . I meant to ask what 'spec' oring it was but forgot.

dj89
03-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Your better off geting an rt parts kit.

automikey
03-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Your better off geting an rt parts kit.

With that many posts can he be wrong?

I did this thread already a while back.

The time you spend trying to find them won't be worth the savings, just buy the kit and move on.

dj89
03-29-2005, 12:56 AM

The time you spend trying to find them won't be worth the savings, just buy the kit and move on.
Yes i can be wrong. :p

Mister Sinister
03-29-2005, 02:39 AM

Hmmmm didnt know that post count equated quality of advice. :rolleyes: While I'm not disagreeing that buying the parts kit isnt a good idea. (You will probably wind up using the whole thing eventually anyways) It doesnt make sense to shell out 25 bucks when you need two 89 cent orings. especially if your like me and you have a hydraulic shop half a block down that has any oring imaginable. :cheers:

automikey
03-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Hmmmm didnt know that post count equated quality of advice. QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mister Sinister] especially if your like me and you have a hydraulic shop half a block down that has any oring imaginable. :cheers:

Yeah, I know, sometimes my humor is a little too subtle. It was kind of a joke, except that I'm pretty sure dj89 knows his stuff and will give you good advice whenever you ask. He's not some newb just trying to up his post count.

Had you said originally that you had a good source, we would know that your problem is 75% solved. I hope you find the specs and can get the o-rings. Many people will be interested.

When I posted a similar thread I had (and still have) 5 micromags that I want to rebuild. But without a good source for the o-rings, I decided that the cost of 5 rebuild kits would equal the amount of time I would have to spend finding the o-rings. Also, not every o-ring fails at the same time, so it's possible to fix/rebuild more than 1 marker per o-ring kit.

The only downside is that AGD could probably use your support rather than competition, and we all want to see them prosper.

Little_Ho
03-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi

maybe you can do both???? Support AGD and buy one O-Ring kit. Befor installing messure all O-rings and get them from your local Hardware store??

That maybe a solution??