PDA

View Full Version : ? For Mods.

luke
03-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Why are some users not able to see posted pictures?

Over the last week or so, people have complained that they can't see pictures I have posted. When I check them they are there and can be viewed. (?)

Glickman
03-28-2005, 12:10 PM
this probably shoudve been a pm, but anyway.

ive been having this problem too. just post the url of the picture as in:

instead of http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/04/pf/saving/pepsi_monkey_game/monkey.03.jpg

do this
http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/04/pf/saving/pepsi_monkey_game/monkey.03.jpg

luke
03-28-2005, 12:15 PM
The pictures I post are hosted elsewhere. (?)

Snertz
03-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Might be firewalls or something else that prevents other users from seeing it?

luke
03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
What's odd is that it just stared last week....

nt2004
03-28-2005, 12:48 PM
alot of attachments just dont show up for me and alot of other people evidently. Wonder whats wrong with them

luke
03-28-2005, 01:33 PM
alot of attachments just dont show up for me and alot of other people evidently. Wonder whats wrong with them

Has it been a problem for long?

MonsterMag
03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
same here, lately the attachments just say the attachments with no image under them :confused:

luke
03-28-2005, 03:03 PM
It started about the same time I noticed that the "views" column only registered "a view" if someone responded in the thread, instead of every time it was viewed... (?)

BD_Paintball
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
i have noticed the same thing. also when i want to post the same pic that i have already posted it says that i have already posted that pic in another thread. you should be able to post the same pic in more then one thread imo.

luke
03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
also when i want to post the same pic that i have already posted it says that i have already posted that pic in another thread. .

That has been that way for sometime... ;)

BD_Paintball
03-28-2005, 05:44 PM
i know it has been like that but thats something they should change so i thought i would post it in this thread.

MarkM
03-29-2005, 11:38 AM
The pic attachments does appear to be on the blink...some threads are ok some are not. the only thing I can say for sure is that the people who complained early on all seemed to be uploading big pics and the attachment limits should have stopped this and not allowed an upload so this "might" have been the cause in the beginning.
We totally lost pic attachments some time ago and people then found that pic host services existed so you can do this again if you are that desperate for your pics to show (this comment is meant along the lines of some of the inane pics not the needed pics in a thread)
Given the financial strains on the board, if as loyal supports of AO you would all have been using outside pic servers to lighten the load on AO for several months now.
I looked at my own pic attachments (in the user control panel) This was when all the changes happened, it was sitting at around 6 meg..they are all deleted now. I didn't post that many pictures or so I thought :eek: Think how much you might have sitting on AO servers and how many of those pics are relevant now.

luke
03-29-2005, 12:46 PM
All my pictures are under the required limits and are for items in my dealer threads.

I guess I'll have to look into a getting a website...

MarkM
03-29-2005, 01:43 PM
All my pictures are under the required limits and are for items in my dealer threads.

I guess I'll have to look into a getting a website...

Luke, that might be now but for the early complainers (other threads) I looked at their posts...remember I can edit them, so I could see how big the attachments were ;)

www.muchos.co.uk is a free website for pics, just because you are in the US doesn't mean you can't sign up for them.

www.Jayloo.com offers a similar service but I haven't seen many pics hosted by him lately so maybe he has had some problems...if he hasn't I apologise but can only go on what I see.

gamarada717
03-29-2005, 06:49 PM
www.imageshack.us is another great one...no account needed.

SpecialBlend2786
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
i use www.photobucket.com