PDA

View Full Version : pro flex protection

mag88888
03-28-2005, 06:48 PM
how does the jt proflex protect your face? is it good for protection? what about seeing clarity? does it protect your ears good? do balls ever bounce into your face? just a quick response please.

Lee
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
been using mine for about 6 months now and like it alot
all around good mask. adequate on bounces, but nothing phenominal. good ear protection and never had a vision problem with it.

Blazestorm
03-28-2005, 06:54 PM
They protect your face as well as any other mask.
JT is one of the best for face protection.
Clarity is awesome if the lense are cleaned properly
The soft-ears aren't the best for protection but you can get bounces, (I got one during a tournament which probably won it for us)

Playing back in the day with an IZE (Much much more flexible) I had the flex part rolled up so I could yell louder, I was the last one left and my buddy charged me, we exchanged about 3-4 to the face. Pretty funny, I got nailed in the chin but it wasn't anything I'm not used to.

I'd recommend an 05 proflex or Profiler.

mag88888
03-28-2005, 06:56 PM
whats it like when you get shot in the ears? it doesnt look to protected there.

Lorenz0666
03-28-2005, 07:03 PM
i own a proflex, it is by far the best mask i have ever uesed and that includes the invision, profiler, and the switch, i play and ref with these thigns and love them

evilhomer
03-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I own both a Profiler and a Proflex. The Profiler is the best mask I've ever used but it doesn't work for me. The lenses fog and moisture condenses on the inside of the lense. At first I thought it was the lense, but after trying other Profilers and having the same problem, I came to the conclusion that my face just gets too sweaty in game. JT masks are the best ventilated I think, and they're the only masks that don't fog up on me. Kinda sucks because I loved the Profilers.

felony
03-29-2005, 08:55 AM
bleed, blood, ouch

rkjunior303
03-29-2005, 09:28 AM
I have an old Flex that i've used up until last month.. Great mask, pain to clean... BUT.. Taking one to the grill isn't pleasant -- usually involves a fat lip and some blood from the cuts you from any shell that makes it through lol

Creative Mayhem
03-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Search is your friend.

I have 3 flexes, and one spectra since it came out and they work great.

bull
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
The mask is has good as any I everused (and I played when shop goggles were only used). I ahve never had a problem with it fooging up, it is a bear at times to take out a lense.

CKY_Alliance
03-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I was wonderign the same thing about the ear shots.The foam doesnt look like it adds much protection. Are thier any replacemnet ear thingys?Like hard plastic ones?Or does the foam absorb the shot pretty well?

evilhomer
03-29-2005, 06:33 PM
I wish someone would make a mask with the ventilation of a Flex but the looks and comfort of a Profiler...